You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Everton (A) - 8pm, 19/12/16 - Monday night mayhem at the Mosh Pit.

Trumo

Was it just me or were the Sally Army band playing their "History" song before the game last night? Surely the club can't officially condone the playing of a song with the lyrics "We don't care what the redshite think"?

It's actually 'the red side'. I wouldn't actually mind it as an old football song but they sing it with such anger and venom it just makes it a bitter song.
  • Upvote 1

"He may be thick but he could theoretically beat your player in a fight so therefore we won the football game."

Silly tit.

And what proof do we have to test that theory? The shitehawk yard dog went steaming studs first into "the puff" who then ran it off and got on with the job of winning the match.
  • Upvote 1

I felt I was in a time warp, thrown back to several Derbies of the 1970's at the match last night.

Plenty of commitment ,but lacking in quality.

You lot just about deserved it on your second half performance,we seemed to lose a lot of pace and legs in the second half without McCarthey

Just about deserved it. Yeah ok

Guest Pistonbroke

I felt I was in a time warp, thrown back to several Derbies of the 1970's at the match last night.

You lot just about deserved it on your second half performance,we seemed to lose a lot of pace and legs in the second half without McCarthey

once a bitter always a bitter.

Here you go lad.

170px-Ale_Bitter.jpg

Fair play mate to come on here and comment after losing. Everton started at 100 mph and were on top for the first 25 mins without really having a clear chance, but then we were increasingly on top later in the half and then more so in the second half, when we should have scored at least a couple.

If Everton managed that intensity each week you would be a lot higher up the league. You missed McCarthy, and while Barry was a good player, he's off the pace these days and you were worse with him.

There's a bit of a quality gap between the sides and Evertons workrate and physical approach narrowed the gap, but the better team won in the end.

• Upvote 1

Aye, fair comments them- the League table doesn't lie.

The team with more quality saw the game out better and deserved to win.

I'd have thrown Mirallas on in the second half,as at least he has shown the bottle for Derby matches previously- something most of the starting eleven hadn't.

Erm, yeah...

luis-suarez_2744043b.jpg

• Upvote 1

So can someone explain to me why there appears to be zero press coverage of a sizeable portion of Everton fans chanting racist abuse to Mane?

A rendition of always the victims despite the fact several blues will have lost friends and relatives at Hillsborough and then some racial abuse of one of our players and some of them have the fucking nerve to criticise our fans.

Someone from the club needs to be all over this and calling them out on it. It's fucking despicable behaviour. 

Dear *******

Many thanks for contacting Kick It Out and bringing this to our attention.

As part of our protocol in dealing with complaints I have informed the Football Association and the club of the incident. The FA will lead an investigation on this. I have maintained your anonymity in the report.  I will keep you informed of any developments I am made aware of.

Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any further questions.

Thank you again,

So the FA and the club have been informed. We'll see what happens.

Re: the Mane racism claims, I think it followed their charming "victims" ditty. I'm not sure, but I initially thought it was our fans singing "you Manc bastards" to them, in response to them adopting bad Manc chants.

But, I mentioned it in the match thread at the time, and it appears there definitely was a "fuck off, you N*gger" shout directed at Mane around the 9 minute mark.

http://www.empireofthekop.com/2016/12/21/video-everton-fan-shouts-fk-off-nier-to-sadio-mane-during-merseyside-derby/?utm_campaign=shareaholic&utm_medium=facebook&utm_source=socialnetwork