You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Everton (A) - 8pm, 19/12/16 - Monday night mayhem at the Mosh Pit.

Trumo

If we go back a few weeks I'd say that we are not quite as good as we were, whereas Everton are a bit better than they were. They had a great result against Arsenal to give them hope again. We did well against Boro but it's fair to say we're not quite where we were when Coutinho was in there doing his thing before the international break.

If the game was played a few weeks ago I'd have said we would win easily, by a few. I don't think it will be that, but I do think we will win.

I'd be happy enough with an Origi goal and him flattening Funes Mori. Need to keep Lukaku quiet too. Hopefully Matip will be in there, fit.

Who plays with Matip if he's fit?  Presumably Lovren will keep his place but I thought Klavan was very good last night.  Hopefully he's permanently ahead of Lucas in the pecking order now. Rest of the team picks itself, unless Can is back, in which case I'd bring him back in for Wijnaldum, obviously.  Oh, and Origi, if he's not fit then we're probably into playing Wijnaldum further forward with Can/Lucas in the centre. 

The derby is always too difficult to assess. Form doesnt mean much in this fixture, it's about who wants it the most.

It'll be a game of 2 halves but the 1st goal will be important as goals win games, let's get one early doors. Will our Brazilian be able to perform on a cold December night at Woodison? We'll need to get tight on Lukaku as, for a big lad,he's good with his feet. It'll be tough as there are no easy games at this level but football is a funny old game. Let's take it one game at a time and see where we are at the end of the season.

• Upvote 3

It'll be a game of 2 halves but the 1st goal will be important as goals win games, let's get one early doors. Will our Brazilian be able to perform on a cold December night at Woodison? We'll need to get tight on Lukaku as, for a big lad,he's good with his feet. It'll be tough as there are no easy games at this level but football is a funny old game. Let's take it one game at a time and see where we are at the end of the season.

we need to beat the Everton's of this world though or the season could be over in December

A comfortable 2-0 victory for us. 

I have a feeling it will be comfortable and it will be a little bit more than 2-0. I very rarely bet on football matches but I would like to have a little flutter on this.

4-1 to the Mighty Reds.

If we can go to Middlesbrough and win 3-0 then getting a win at Goodison should be just as easy.

At least that's what I was saying to a couple of blues in work today.

What the fuck are you talking about? Didn't you hear the atmosphere against Arsenal? Better than redshite vs Chelsea in 2005. Best ground in the country. Gonna be a lot of terrified Norwegians this Monday, lid.

• Upvote 1

First 15-20 mins are big, for me.

Everton have been very slow out the blocks in a few games and have just sat off their opposition and not pressed much until Koeman has had a word at half time.

If we start with the tempo we had at the start of the second half last night it could be done by half time.

Think we'll hump them.

Never gets old

I could watch it all day. I think I spent the next day watching it over and over just pissing myself. It's not as funny as the lad crying when they got battered away in Europe though.

As for the game... we need to silence the crowd quick. They will be bang up for this as will the players. With any luck Koeman calms his players down and tells them to bide there time. An early well worked goal to show them who is boss and we could get a decent win there 3/4 goals. My worry is they come flying out the blocks and our players freeze.

Mignolet, Clyne, Matip (if fit), Lovren, Milner, Wijnaldum, Henderson, Lallana, Mané, Firmino, Origi.