You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Danny Ings

TheHowieLama

Hope he comes back well. He's an all action type of forward who should be suited to Klopp's passing game. He's not in the elite bracket, but should be well worth his place in the squad, and I think he can score goals and make a good contribution for us.

Unless something has happened that I don't know about, which prompted the thread?

* checks to see

Hope he comes back well. He's an all action type of forward who should be suited to Klopp's passing game. He's not in the elite bracket, but should be well worth his place in the squad, and I think he can score goals and make a good contribution for us.

Unless something has happened that I don't know about, which prompted the thread?

* checks to see

I think he's a bit better than me to be fair.

• Upvote 2

Ings will be a Liverpool legend in five seasons time. He has all the attributes to be a 20 goal a season striker, every season if he gets the right service.

There is a much, much bigger chance that he will play in about 10 games this season , all sub appearances, and he'll be sold in a year's time.

• Upvote 1

Before the Funes Mori tackle, Origi was showing signs that he was edging to the top of the pecking order. If he can carry on where he left off, I think he can become a fantastic player for us. I think Klopp said, "We're going to have some fun with this one." Or something like that. Still, Origi is still young, so his development won't be a smooth curve up and to the right. So we have others. 

If Sturridge has lost his out and out pace - and there were signs of that, but I suppose the new season will reveal all; I still think he will be a useful player for us. He has bags of skill and knows where the net is. With some pace bursting through the middle in Wijnaldum, and some pace to burn on the flank in Mane, it should give Sturridge a bit more room to do his thing, and since he is a good footballer, he will also have a couple of runners going beyond him to pass to and link up with. 

Ings is a solid citizen. Decent pace, decent tenacity, decent in the air, decent finisher. He works hard and make intelligent runs, and I can see him making a very useful contribution, but I'd have him third choice before the season starts.

I've no real worries about up front next season. We were scoring plenty of goals under Klopp last season, and I expect that to continue and even improve. 

• 1 month later...

Hasnt he been told he can go out on loan to aid his recovery and gain match fitness? This would be a good idea provided we could call him back quickly if we needed him. Klopp musnt be seeing anything good from him in training otherwise he'd get some game time.

That'd make more sense than sending Sakho out.