You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Making A Murderer

Ted

Started watching this last night and got through four episodes. Sadly this kind of thing isn't just local to the states. It goes on everywhere. I kept thinking back to that poor man Stefan Kizsco who served 16 years for the murder of Lesley Molseed. He died a year after being released and his mother died before he was aquitted. It seems that some forces would just rather see any person convicted rather than the right person. 

This is worth a watch.

https://youtu.be/FcomFAob90k

I've been saying this for years.  Due to external pressure (press, public, social media etc) and the need to get cases closed for their own figures, it's far easier and more convenient for them to grab somebody who fits the bill and just try to make it stick.  And the standard of some of the judges means that they've got a good chance of securing a conviction of it goes to court.

I actually used to drink with a copper years ago when he was a young PC, he got promoted to CID and had a reputation for trying to fit people up on a regular basis.  I didn't believe it at first, but then the dirty bastard tried it with me.  To say i was shocked would be a massive understatement.  When the complaints about him got too numerous, they simply transferred him to somewhere else so they wouldn't have to investigate him.  He wasn't the only cunt doing it either.  Then they wondered why the public gave the police no respect or cooperation.  That's why me and the guys I grew up with have a deep mistrust of the police.  A lot of them were just rogues in uniform.

• Upvote 1

• 9 months later...
15 hours ago, Captain Turdseye said:

New series on Netflix, 19th of October. 

Seems it won't be a finished story then, well at least he won't be getting out! I might watch it all again before season 2 comes out as it all seems quite a long time ago now. I remember being outraged by part of it, but I can't remember what outraged me! 

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, No2 said:

He's guilty as sin. Yes they stitched him up to secure a conviction but that doesn't change the fact he done it. 

So he was stitched up and he did it? That's an interesting view that makes no sense.

If my missus suggests watching this, there will be another murderer on the scene.

Has to be the most tedious load of shite I've ever seen in my life, they could've fit that whole first series into a 90 minute feature & it might have been mildly interesting.

1 hour ago, Mook said:

If my missus suggests watching this, there will be another murderer on the scene.

Has to be the most tedious load of shite I've ever seen in my life, they could've fit that whole first series into a 90 minute feature & it might have been mildly interesting.

Manitowoc County shill.

I do agree it drags on, not sure 13 episodes are required per season.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

I think they more than likely did it. Needs a retrial though due to police incompetence. The documentary was dishonest in a fair bit of its editing.

Yeah, he's obviously a weird cunt. I feel more Dassey to be honest, as he's obviously two sandwiches short of a picnic.

He is but apparently the videos that show the cops coaching a confession out of him are the second set of interviews but first on camera, in the first interviews he confessed and the second lot they where trying to get him to repeat his confessions.  

It needs a retrial because there's too much doubt but no way would I just release them.

16 hours ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

So he was stitched up and he did it? That's an interesting view that makes no sense.

What's not to understand? They had evidence he done it but maybe not enough to secure a conviction so they added a little sparkle. 

• Downvote 3

8 hours ago, No2 said:

What's not to understand? They had evidence he done it but maybe not enough to secure a conviction so they added a little sparkle. 

Having watched the show a couple of years ago the 'evidence' they had was circumstantial at best, made up at worst and distorted to support their view was most realistic.

I understand it. It's just a shocking conviction on a good day and Barry Wom has this summed up perfectly.

9 hours ago, Dr Nowt said:

Police adding a little sparkle has definitely never been the sign of an unsafe conviction.

I never said it was a safe conviction,  its unfair trial and he walks free from just about most places on the planet. That is not the same thing as being innocent. 

It's a couple of years since I seen the programme so my facts may be a bit hazy. My recollection is he rang the victim to take pictures of his car, she turns and a few days later js found burnt to little pieces on his land and her car is found on the premise. Either he did or the uncle did,  the uncle barely featured which I found strange.

9 hours ago, Barry Wom said:

A bit of police sparkle. Fucking hell, what a strange thought process from a Liverpool fan. 

It's not a thought process, its as clear as day the police acted in a despicable manner and he should walk free. However that doesn't change the fact I think he done it.

I'll agree the choice of wording could be more appropriate but I wouldn't compare this miscarriage of justice to what you are obviously thinking. 

4 hours ago, No2 said:

It's not a thought process, its as clear as day the police acted in a despicable manner and he should walk free. However that doesn't change the fact I think he done it.

I'll agree the choice of wording could be more appropriate but I wouldn't compare this miscarriage of justice to what you are obviously thinking. 

Miscarriage of justice should be enough. It doesn't really matter why you think he didn't it (although I find it astonishing anyone who watched the show can be sure he did), but the fact police have needed to act as you have described should be enough to put doubt in your mind. I think the parallels with many miscarriages of justice are clear and I like to think as Liverpudlians we should be more suspicious and cautious of authority in any situation like this. A "he did it gov" is a standpoint I can't really see why anyone would get behind. 

• 2 weeks later...

Series 2 is out and quite how this case is still not being reviewed for wrongful conviction says more about the justice system than it does the people involved in the crime. Incredible TV making.