You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Klopp's Tactics

Mil-ing Around

We're improving now defensively which is good to see.  We haven't conceded a single goal from open play in our last six games. And just 2 in our last 9 Premier League games.

Whatever is happening on the training pitch is starting to work.  We just need a top class GK, Centre back and Centre midfielder and we're sorted.   

And against a backdrop of chopping and changing because of injuries.  Nice.

Imagine how good we would be if Klopp knew how to coach defending.

I think he loves it here but gets pissed off at some moaning and negative comments he can hear during the game. He is not alone in that respect. He is just saying he knows when the time to leave comes same as he did at Mainz and Dortmund. You cannot fart nowadays without someone taking it the wrong way.

His tactics are fine. Similar to Guardiola. We monopolise the ball against nigh on every team we play. Blitzed Arsenal for 60 minutes. But the lack of individual quality and subsequent error strewn inconsistency in at least 4 positions is glaring. Nothing new: outfit the defense w. multiple 5 - 10 m. players and we’ll always risk imploding. Invest and we’ll improve (like every other area of the pitch).

His tactics are fine. Similar to Guardiola. We monopolise the ball against nigh on every team we play. Blitzed Arsenal for 60 minutes. But the lack of individual quality and subsequent error strewn inconsistency in at least 4 positions is glaring. Nothing new: outfit the defense w. multiple 5 - 10 m. players and we’ll always risk imploding. Invest and we’ll improve (like every other area of the pitch).

Good post.  

• Upvote 1

These tactics need individual brilliance and untold millions though.

The manager needs to do more if doesnt have the tools.

He cant set up a defence and doesnt play a dm. How can you win trophies like that. He needs to buy a spine asap - a keeper, 2 cbs and a dm. They preferably have to know how to play when left to their own devices

These tactics need individual brilliance and untold millions though.

The manager needs to do more if doesnt have the tools.

He cant set up a defence and doesnt play a dm. How can you win trophies like that. He needs to buy a spine asap - a keeper, 2 cbs and a dm. They preferably have to know how to play when left to their own devices

He didn't need to spend much at Dortmund. The problem here seems to be that he inexplicably rates the holding midfielders, defenders and keepers we have. 

But going forward, I think you could give him a bunch of half-decent attackers and he'd get lots out of them. This is part of the reason why I don't really care if Coutinho is sold or the attack is broken up. 

His judgement of defenders and keepers, though? Yeesh. 

He didn't need to spend much at Dortmund. The problem here seems to be that he inexplicably rates the holding midfielders, defenders and keepers we have.

But going forward, I think you could give him a bunch of half-decent attackers and he'd get lots out of them. This is part of the reason why I don't really care if Coutinho is sold or the attack is broken up.

His judgement of defenders and keepers, though? Yeesh.

I think we would cope without coutinho too but he needs to plough it into the back 5 and a dm. I am sure he wont, the ox signing just looks insane.

But going forward, I think you could give him a bunch half-decent attackers and he'd get lots out of them. This is part of the reason why I don't really care if Coutinho is sold or the attack is broken up.

Wrong. Really easy illusion to fall for when things are going well. We score goals because we have African players of the year and top Brazilian superstars. Not because Klopp has a magic wand. We have really over achieved in the market in that area. Sell them and we stop scoring. Sturridge Solanke Ings continue to look like the cheap, limited players they are. Simple.

Can you tell me how much has been invested in the goalkeepers / defense under Klopp? He hasn’t bought anyone for a sum of money worth mentioning. No idea who he has or hasn’t identified. We’ve bought close to nothing.