You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Klopp's Tactics

Mil-ing Around

Wrong. Really easy illusion to fall for when things are going well. We score goals because we have African players of the year and top Brazilian superstars. Not because Klopp has a magic wand. We have really over achieved in the market in that area. Sell them and we stop scoring. Sturridge Solanke Ings continue to look like the cheap, limited players they are. Simple.

Can you tell me how much has been invested in the goalkeepers / defense under Klopp? He hasn’t bought anyone for a sum of money worth mentioning. No idea who he has or hasn’t identified. We’ve bought close to nothing.

He's made Mane and Salah into stars. Salah has almost turned into Messi since he came here, ffs. He's good but he's not that good. Same with Mane, who most thought was an inconsistent mid-table player when we signed him. In his first season with Klopp he was our player of the year. Coutinho's also playing levels higher than he ever has, and that's with wanting to leave as well.

Hence, as long as he doesn't lose his head in the market, any attacker we have is replaceable, Imo. Give him any player with a good ability level and who fit his system and watch him reach stardom. He built an attacking behemoth at Dortmund paying 5's and 10's of millions, ffs.

Sturridge can't even run and Ings hasn't played football in 2 years. Those are awful examples. 

And the reason he's barely bought a payer at the back is because he rates those we have, as I said earlier, and that's Klopp's biggest problem. 

Since Klopp took charge, Liverpool have lost 43 points in the league from winning positions. The most of any team in Europe.

Mate, not directly aimed at you - but like am fuckin arsed.

I know what I watch and I know what I've seen and the only stat that matters is that he is moving this team forwards and upwards, so thats all that matters. 

Wait till we see where we finish at the end of the season and thats the stat we use. 

• Upvote 4

If you want to get hung up on data then fair do's mate. I know what I watch and i know what I feel and if I put that against stats, then I know what is going to come out on top. 

So to answer your question, no, am not arsed and if it does matter, then it matters to those behind the scenes to do something about it. and not to be thrown in football threads to cast some faux doubt on a manager who, in my humble opinion, is doing pretty darn well. 

• Upvote 1

Pros and cons. Inescapable though, that we've unneccessarily dropped 6 points in the last 4 games which would have put us joint 2nd for christmas.

Could have been joint second, instead sit 4th with a squad that doesn't deserve to be any higher than 6th on paper.

Perspective.

• Upvote 1

I do not think it is a Palace team at all. I do not know what some people are on but you are not going to get perfection throughout a team. That does not mean improvements cannot be made. We need 2 maybe 3 players replacing.

A Goalkeeper, 2 CB's, a midfielder and a Striker to back up Firmino.

Thats 5 and you could make it 6 with a Left back.

A Goalkeeper, 2 CB's, a midfielder and a Striker to back up Firmino.

Thats 5.

Yeah because we do not need 5. We have 2 back ups for Bobby in Solanke and Ings. We do not need 2 CBs either. But dream on.

Should have added we have Lallana and one of Milner, Gini and Oxlade Chamberlain on the bench too.

Yeah because we do not need 5. We have 2 back ups for Bobby in Solanke and Ings. We do not need 2 CBs either. But dream on.

Should have added we have Lallana and one of Milner, Gini and Oxlade Chamberlain on the bench too.

If you think Solanke and Ings are capable back ups then you are deluded and Yes we do need two CB's Lovren is shite, Klavan is an average Journey man and Matip isn't great either.

Take away 3 or 4 of the best players from any team in the Word and they will suffer. De Gea, Matic etc from Utd, silva, De Bruyne, Sane and Aguero from City, Messi and Suarez from Barca, Kane and Eriksen from Spurs etc etc. What a silly statement.

Who has even said that?

Solanke and Ings are Palace class so not really suitable back ups for a CL challenging team. The strengthening needs to happen on the bench too. Meaning Klopp is doing a pretty good job for me.

If you think Solanke and Ings are capable back ups then you are deluded and Yes we do need two CB's Lovren is shite, Klavan is an average Journey man and Matip isn't great either.

Tell you what is deluded mate people like you who think you can have a top striker sitting on the bench as back up. And by top striker I mean someone who will seamlessly step in and score goals regularly. But as I said mate dream on it is Christmas after all.