You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Klopp's Tactics

Mil-ing Around

Solanke and Ings are Palace class so not really suitable back ups for a CL challenging team. The strengthening needs to happen on the bench too. Meaning Klopp is doing a pretty good job for me.

Haha. So you think you are going to get a top 6 club class striker to sit on the bench as backup? Wobble your head mate.

Tell you what is deluded mate people like you who think you can have a top striker sitting on the bench as back up. And by top striker I mean someone who will seamlessly step in and score goals regularly. But as I said mate dream on it is Christmas after all.

They wouldn't be sat on the bench all the time though because Klopp rotates the front 4 regularly but yeah lets keep our back up Solanke and Ings who don't have a goal between them all season. (Not really a dig at Ings as he has been injured but he's not reliable at all).

I do not think it is a Palace team at all. I do not know what some people are on but you are not going to get perfection throughout a team. That does not mean improvements cannot be made. We need 2 maybe 3 players replacing.

Those 3 players have needed replacing for the last 6 transfer windows.

They wouldn't be sat on the bench all the time though because Klopp rotates the front 4 regularly but yeah lets keep our back up Solanke and Ings who don't have a goal between them all season. (Not really a dig at Ings as he has been injured but he's not reliable at all).

The point is, you think you are going to entice some striker who is playing regular first team football for a side that could hold their own in the top 6 of most leagues and sit on the bench at Liverpool in case Bobby is rested never mind if Klopp just decides to play a front 3 and bring say lallana into the side. Not going to happen mate.

The point is, you think you are going to entice some striker who is playing regular first team football for a side that could hold their own in the top 6 of most leagues and sit on the bench at Liverpool in case Bobby is rested never mind if Klopp just decides to play a front 3 and bring say lallana into the side. Not going to happen mate.

Pay enough money and anything can happen. We need better back up than Ings and Solanke that's for sure.

Pay enough money and anything can happen. We need better back up than Ings and Solanke that's for sure.

Pay enough money? OK you seem to have forgotten one D Sturridge if you want to pay plenty of money mate. I know he misses a lot of games but for a back up that is not going to be a problem is it mate.

Haha. So you think you are going to get a top 6 club class striker to sit on the bench as backup? Wobble your head mate.

I think its your head that needs a wobble.Time to put that Sherry bottle down. We can do better on the bench and who said anything about it having to be a PL player? There are plenty of players better than overpaid EPL shite.

Would love to know how many individual errors make up those 43 points. His style worries me at times but with slightly better players we could be so much better off.

We have so much room to improve and jist hope that we realise our potential.

Klopp needs a couple of seasons with his preferred 11 if he ever actually gets his preferred 11

Would love to know how many individual errors make up those 43 points. His style worries me at times but with slightly better players we could be so much better off.

We have so much room to improve and jist hope that we realise our potential.

Klopp needs a couple of seasons with his preferred 11 if he ever actually gets his preferred 11

Pretty much this ...  

I don't have a huge problem with his tactics, other than it doesn't suit a shite keeper and a toss pair of CB's. It only goes wrong at the minute because every fucker scores virtually every chance they get against us,. Put De Gea in goals for us, and VVD and one other decent CB in front and play those tactics to your hearts content.

Edited by nastylizard

I still feel he's living on an awful lot of fans good will that he's not Rodgers! (And thank goodness he isn't!)

That good will is not infinite though! A trophy (any trophy) would help in my eyes.

It’s not infinite whilst we have knobs like you and Funnneeee ‘supporting’ us and go all ‘kneejerk’ when we don’t win a game we should have.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Alright let the knob ask a question then.

- 2 years down the line

- he's got Keita and VVD

- he's been backed with the money we get for Coutinho and a lot more besides

- we've kept Salah, Mane and Firmino

but

- we've still got Lovren and Klavan in the back 4

- Moreno and Mignolet are still stinking the place out

- we've still won nothing

- the best we can do is 4th in the league

- the points tally isn't improving!

Is your patience still infinite?

Alright let the knob ask a question then.

- 2 years down the line

- he's got Keita and VVD

- he's been backed with the money we get for Coutinho and a lot more besides

- we've kept Salah, Mane and Firmino

but

- we've still got Lovren and Klavan in the back 4

- Moreno and Mignolet are still stinking the place out

- we've still won nothing

- the best we can do is 4th in the league

- the points tally isn't improving!

Is your patience still infinite?

My patience isn’t infinite, but it doesn’t need to be as I think we are progressing. To finish 4th last season was above expectation and hrough to next round of Champs League this. I don’t think the team is as bad as some make out, finishing 4th last season will tell you that. Why is 4th the best we can do this season? I haven’t given up finishing above Utd or Chelsea. Do you think we should be challenging for the Title? I just think yourself, Funnnee, Eeeyore with your consistent negativity are really tiresome. It’s like you can’t wait for us to slip up. I’m far from Morenos biggest fan but he hasn’t been stinking the place out this season. Klavan, since Matip has been out has hardly put a foot wrong. But he’s cheap so he must be shit eh? We’ve still won nothing? Self entitltlement, right there. You Sky generation mong.

• Upvote 2

Where have I insulted you? All you keep coming up with is insults like mong (classy btw) and knob!

As for Sky generation go and get bent! I'm 42 years old, I've supported Liverpool all my life, and I can recognise mediocrity when I see it!

Yeah I've been wrong about managers and players (woefully so in the case of the owl), but I tumbled Rodgers quick enough, and I don't think I'm wrong about this guy!

Please don't put a stinking turd in front of me and tell me it's a prize winning rose!

You can go back to deifying Klopp now, unless you're busy coming up with new classy insults for me!

• Upvote 1

My patience isn’t infinite, but it doesn’t need to be as I think we are progressing. To finish 4th last season was above expectation and hrough to next round of Champs League this. I don’t think the team is as bad as some make out, finishing 4th last season will tell you that. Why is 4th the best we can do this season? I haven’t given up finishing above Utd or Chelsea. Do you think we should be challenging for the Title? I just think yourself, Funnnee, Eeeyore with your consistent negativity are really tiresome. It’s like you can’t wait for us to slip up. I’m far from Morenos biggest fan but he hasn’t been stinking the place out this season. Klavan, since Matip has been out has hardly put a foot wrong. But he’s cheap so he must be shit eh? We’ve still won nothing? Self entitltlement, right there. You Sky generation mong.

For the benefit of doubt. He fucking has..

Take away the Seville game, you really thing he’s been stinking the place out? I’m firmly in the camp he should never have played for us again after Basle. I really dislike the brainless one, but he hasn’t been bad this season at all.

I agree,but I think Robertson looks much more reliable and deserves a run in the team. Klavan has been excellent and has actually had a good influence on Lovren by showing him not to think you are Alan Hansen and do the simple stuff well.

Our goalkeeper though,is shite and way below a top four club level. There are better keepers at relegation threatened clubs than Mignolet.

Rodgers made Liverpool exciting to watch again. I really enjoyed how we played in '14. Some of the best footy I have watched since the eighties.

Klopp is making it happen too, now. Exciting times with some great players coming in and some more being mentioned.

Exciting time to be a Liverpool fan again.