You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Ketosis

Did the bollox over the weekend, and did a double nite. Was 184lbs exactly Saturday morning, and tipped in at 187.6lbs this morning. Expected a lot worse tbh, so back on the wagon again today.

That display on Saturday would drive anyone to carbs!

Swerved a cheat night even though there was loads going on over the weekend, particularly the NFL starting proper on Sunday, and I'm down 7lbs in 12 days, and that's still hovering at around 65% fats (and keeping below 20g of carbs most days; sometimes it might be around 30g).

What's the score with drinking, lads? Can I have a few rum and diet mixers once or twice a week and still stay in ketosis? Ordered some ketostix to keep track.

Well I've started on the keto diet. Not going bad as it's only my first day.

Had an omelette for breakfast followed by seven almonds. Just finished of 6 small chicken pieces with cheese grated on top.

So does anyone know of a good website for preparing meals especially breakfast?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

I'm on holiday, obviously boozing but not eating bread, potatoes or pasta. No fucking way I'm in Ketosis but trying to as 'good' as I can. Now I know I can do the 9 days I'll start again when I get back. Also running 4 miles every day, left today at 10:30 on a cloudy morning by 10:31 it was full fucking sun and roasting. Being a dumb cunt I didn't take any water.

What's the score with drinking, lads? Can I have a few rum and diet mixers once or twice a week and still stay in ketosis? Ordered some ketostix to keep track.

Congrats on the weight loss. It's mental when you think about it, isn't it? Shovel in the fat, and it falls off. You can see why Andy and myself were just telling fellas to get stuck into it. It's hard to get people to believe it, but once they've tried it, they become an advocate for it.

There's no problem skipping the cheat night. That yer man's way of doing it. Original keto is just keto only. Carb Nite has some science behind it and is good for sanity. If you find the weight loss slows down a bit, have a blowout to kick things on again.

As for drinking, fill yer boots with spirits and diet drinks. Not flavoured vodkas and stuff. Just plain ol', high volume vodka, rum, gin, tequila, brandy, cognac, whiskey, scotch, etc.

Congrats on the weight loss. It's mental when you think about it, isn't it? Shovel in the fat, and it falls off. You can see why Andy and myself were just telling fellas to get stuck into it. It's hard to get people to believe it, but once they've tried it, they become an advocate for it.

There's no problem skipping the cheat night. That yer man's way of doing it. Original keto is just keto only. Carb Nite has some science behind it and is good for sanity. If you find the weight loss slows down a bit, have a blowout to kick things on again.

As for drinking, fill yer boots with spirits and diet drinks. Not flavoured vodkas and stuff. Just plain ol', high volume vodka, rum, gin, tequila, brandy, cognac, whiskey, scotch, etc.

Cheers mate, buzzing with how it's gone so far; it's been much easier - particularly that first nine days of transitioning - than I expected. Just needs a bit of planning to be disciplined and keep on track, but I'm a great cook anyway so I've been eating like a king; I had roast duck for tea on Friday, and steak on Saturday and Sunday! The weight is shifting even though I've been eating late at night a good few times, often having to do it to get closer to my macros for the day, but there's not even been a change in routine so it makes things even better.

It's honestly just been a case of cutting convenient carbs out of my diet, namely bread, and replacing them with more veg. So with breakfast having tomatoes and spinach with my bacon and eggs instead of two pieces of toast. Not even missing rice and noodles as much as I thought I would. Been regulating my caffeine intake, no more than two cups of coffee a day then I switch to tea. Buying a water filter made a massive difference to how easy it is to drink at least two litres of water a day, too.

Gonna get back in the gym properly in the next week or so, it will be interesting to see how my body responds, might have to ease myself in to it.

Thanks for all the help and advice.

Muscle foods doing a special on chicken at the moment

5kg for £19

Add 5kg Premium Chicken Breasts to your basket today

Browse the site and add extras to reach £25 (steaks? freshly prepped meals!)

Enter code: FRESHCHICKEN at checkout and we will discount to £19

There food is quality. Try the horse

• Upvote 1

Go to the carbnite web page, and it's pretty convincing.

The trick is to keep it to one night tho, don't creep into day two, for best results.

I've been craving a pizza like crazy. More than I have ever craved any other food. Sunday. Sunday night I will eat a pizza and a tub of ice-cream. It will be glorious. I'm 1lb off my target before I switch to bulking anyway. 10lbs off in about 4 weeks. Can start to see the outline of ab muscles, only in the right lighting though.

Been doing this diet since Monday and I must say I thought the hunger pangs would get the better of me. But I've been drinking water more than I usually do and alls going well.

A couple of questions

What if I wanted to get back to the gym and wanted to use a protein drink? Is it a wise move?

And what about me chewing gum??

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Im no expert on this as i dont know the diet but i see no reason protein shakes would be a issue.

Ill post a link to a really nice brand though some on here may know more about the brand names and contents etc. Could try meal replacment drinks too but they are higher in calories

http://www.theproteinworks.com/whey-protein-90-isolate-15015.html

Some of the flavours are amazing

The only issue i have ever heard about with gum is that it can cause trapped wind`

Needed a sweet fix, and I triumphed, only 2,5g carbs.

1 piece of 85% dark choc

Knob of butter

Melt in microwave for 30 secs

Add double cream and stir.

Spoon that fucking chocolate ganache down!

Rediculous.

Just chopped up a quest bar, and dropped it in 2 squares of dark chocolate, 20g butter, 1 tbsp double cream.

Fuck.