You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Ketosis

Pork Scratchings!

Just found my local super market are selling these bad boys! http://www.scratchmypork.com/page6.php

Delish as fuck.

Nutritional info per 100g (Smokey Bacon Flavour)

Calories: 658

Fat: 56.3g

Protein: 31.9g

Carbs: 7.2g

Fibre: 1.3g

So 5.9g carbs for 56g of fat and 32g of protein.

Pricey @ €1.79 for a 30g bag, but fuck me....

• Upvote 1

Pork Scratchings!

Just found my local super market are selling these bad boys! http://www.scratchmypork.com/page6.php

Delish as fuck.

Nutritional info per 100g (Smokey Bacon Flavour)

Calories: 658

Fat: 56.3g

Protein: 31.9g

Carbs: 7.2g

Fibre: 1.3g

So 5.9g carbs for 56g of fat and 32g of protein.

Pricey @ €1.79 for a 30g bag, but fuck me....

I am sure I have posted this story before.

One time I was cooking Sunday dinner for 6 or 7 family.

Went to my butcher who is a mate and got a massive slab of beautiful dark brown beef. Top stuff. 60- 70 quid.

Brought it home and the kids the wife and an in-law who happened to be there said we are not eating that shite

'It has a huge slab of fat all the way around one side'

That is where the flavour is I explained and no shitty oil would be needed.

They refused to eat it until I cut the offending slab of fat off and roasted it separately.

Which I did. Cept for a few basting ladles they new nothing about.

Beef went down well as did the big slab of fat me and a rugby in law ate much to the utter disgust of everyone at the table.

Fast forward 2-3 hours and I am making coffee.

Biscuits and cakes were asked for by everyone except me and my fat eating mate.

They must have had treble the calories and sugar and shite we had had eating a big tasty lump of fatty beef.

Oooh diet start Monday they all said.

This is my diet i say.

• Upvote 1

I am sure I have posted this story before.

One time I was cooking Sunday dinner for 6 or 7 family.

Went to my butcher who is a mate and got a massive slab of beautiful dark brown beef. Top stuff. 60- 70 quid.

Brought it home and the kids the wife and an in-law who happened to be there said we are not eating that shite

'It has a huge slab of fat all the way around one side'

That is where the flavour is I explained and no shitty oil would be needed.

They refused to eat it until I cut the offending slab of fat off and roasted it separately.

Which I did. Cept for a few basting ladles they new nothing about.

Beef went down well as did the big slab of fat me and a rugby in law ate much to the utter disgust of everyone at the table.

Fast forward 2-3 hours and I am making coffee.

Biscuits and cakes were asked for by everyone except me and my fat eating mate.

They must have had treble the calories and sugar and shite we had had eating a big tasty lump of fatty beef.

Oooh diet start Monday they all said.

This is my diet i say.

The amount of people who have piped up to tell me all about my diet (when they know absolutely fuck all about it) is incredible. My Mum and Auntie were the last two. I just commented that out of everyone who had criticized me, most if not all, of any age were in much worse physical shape or health than me, and ate plenty or sweets, sugar, processed ready meals and booze. They seemed to get all offended then.

I eat fucking LOADS of leafy greens and veg, whole foods and aside from a slight drop in intensity in the gym (both lack of carbs and calorie deficit) I feel great!

I get it from the wife all the time. "All that stuff will kill ya!". "Why don't you just eat normally like the rest of us?".

So I point out that when I eat like them, my weight goes up to somewhere between 15 and 16 stones. and if what I'm doing is so bad, how come I'm down over a stone and a half in 2 months and I'm full of energy?

Her mother on the other hand, compliments me on having the willpower to do what I'm doing, mentioned how much weight I've lost, and has warned me off losing too much weight "'cause it won't suit you!". She has even asked me to explain the whole thing to her when I get a chance 'cause she might give it a go!

Says something that a 65 year old will listen to reason and judge results for herself, and her 38 year old daughter listens to the "experts".

So I point out that when I eat like them, my weight goes up to somewhere between 15 and 16 stones. and if what I'm doing is so bad, how come I'm down over a stone and a half in 2 months and I'm full of energy?

Honestly rarely even thought of it like that, but what you say is absolutely right. Eating a more 'balanced' diet is obviously subject to whatever foods your body can or can't burn quick enough to stop you losing weight, otherwise it's unavailing. I've been putting this off because the thought of a diet that primarily consists of lots of fatty meats, cheese, butter, etc, makes me think I'll be dead before I'm 30, but if it helps me lose a fair bit of weight and then I can modify it once I've lost the pounds, at the very worst it's not going to do any more damage than keeping a fuckload of extra weight on that I've been unable to lose for years.

I'm finally giving it a go after seeing Odris turn in to a proper skinny cunt using it. Just a few questions for you, lads. You know this 'carb nite,' what's the most effective way to go about it. Is once a week alright, and should I go all out at the gym the same day I'm gorging on carbs or leave it for the next day to help burn them off - or both? Gonna try and do a fortnight on 23g of carbs a day before my first carb nite to get my body adapted to it, but I'll be keeping at around 1500 calories a day with the gym three times a week, ideally during weekdays so I can rest on weekends.

The thought of a diet without boiled rice or noodles on a daily basis is fucking terrifying, but needs must.

Trying this tomorrow:

http://lowcarbhighfatrecipes.com/brown-butter-cream-sauce-the-perfect-keto-sauce/

I am in the habit of buying and roasting and then cubing chicken breasts in bulk. So if I get a few good recipes like that I can just add my veg and pour on the sauce until macros are hit!

Honestly rarely even thought of it like that, but what you say is absolutely right. Eating a more 'balanced' diet is obviously subject to whatever foods your body can or can't burn quick enough to stop you losing weight, otherwise it's unavailing. I've been putting this off because the thought of a diet that primarily consists of lots of fatty meats, cheese, butter, etc, makes me think I'll be dead before I'm 30, but if it helps me lose a fair bit of weight and then I can modify it once I've lost the pounds, at the very worst it's not going to do any more damage than keeping a fuckload of extra weight on that I've been unable to lose for years.

I'm finally giving it a go after seeing Odris turn in to a proper skinny cunt using it. Just a few questions for you, lads. You know this 'carb nite,' what's the most effective way to go about it. Is once a week alright, and should I go all out at the gym the same day I'm gorging on carbs or leave it for the next day to help burn them off - or both? Gonna try and do a fortnight on 23g of carbs a day before my first carb nite to get my body adapted to it, but I'll be keeping at around 1500 calories a day with the gym three times a week, ideally during weekdays so I can rest on weekends.

The thought of a diet without boiled rice or noodles on a daily basis is fucking terrifying, but needs must.

Trick more me mate is don't stress about it.

Better to have a blow out whenever you want with rice & noodles than ice cream and choc.

My advice is just to completely cut refined sugar out of your diet.

When you feel like it have rice or pasta or noodles then stop. Don't do it for a week.

Hit the gym , run or whatever. Eat fat.

Ive had a day off today. Well did my daily squats early now I have a bottle of vodka in the freezer been sipping away.

Life has to be lived.

Trick more me mate is don't stress about it.

Better to have a blow out whenever you want with rice & noodles than ice cream and choc.

My advice is just to completely cut refined sugar out of your diet.

When you feel like it have rice or pasta or noodles then stop. Don't do it for a week.

Hit the gym , run or whatever. Eat fat.

Ive had a day off today. Well did my daily squats early now I have a bottle of vodka in the freezer been sipping away.

Life has to be lived.

I reckon once a week is manageable, especially considering all the other lovely stuff I can eat instead, just gonna be a bit more expensive and time-consuming. Is having that big influx of carbs once a week - and I presume the instant gaining/losing of a couple of pound - good for the metabolism and that? And I know you're quite regimented in your exercise so do you find it's more effective to go the gym on your carb day, Anny? Or suffer the next day and do it then.

I don't have any sugar at all in my tea or coffee, went cold turkey on that a few years ago - and agree that makes a big differece. I can leave the soft drinks, even the beer for a while if I can replace that with the odd rum, but I do like it with ginger ale or pure orange juice with a squeeze of lime.

Trying to think of these as lifestyle changes rather than a diet. Reckon if I can get through a month I'll be alright, it's usally that period of 2-4 weeks that fucks me up as my body starts craving everything.

Best of luck with it Woo. If you can prepare some food for yourself for lunchtime at work or wherever, it makes things a lot easier. When you go to the shop to buy something, everything is rolls, sandwiches, wraps, etc. But a few minutes the night before putting something together will save you temptation. Eventually it'll be your choice as to whether you have a bit of bread, as opposed to a craving.

As for the carb nite thing....

You go hardcore keto (<30g nett carbs per day) for the first 9 days. On the 10th day, stick with the keto until around 4 or 5 o'clock. From then until you go to bed, pretty much eat what you want. Chips, rice, pasta, chocolate, crisps, icecream. The following day, get back on the keto wagon, but your next carb nite is a minimum of 4 and a maximum of 7 full days.

Obviously there's an "ideal" way of doing your carb nite, there are better carbs than others, and you should do a gym session beforehand for optimum results. But you don't have to. I certainly don't.

I had my carb nite last Sunday, and before I started it, I was at 188lbs exactly and showing purple on the ketostix. Monday morning, I weighed in at 191.2lbs (up 3.2lbs), and not showing anything on the stix. God back on the wagon again, and as off this morning (only 3 full days back on the keto) I weighed in at 187.2lbs and showing purple on the stix again. So down 0.8lbs overall, including my carb nite weight.

• Upvote 2

I ignore anything that is trying to sell me stuff.

I am probably the worst example of gym schedule. Today was my off day. So i went in and did just 5 sets of max weights squats. 20 mins in and out. Nothing like the heavy lads do but heavy for me.

Whenever you feel like you should not go, you are too tired. That is when to hit it hard.

I had my carb nite last Sunday, and before I started it, I was at 188lbs exactly and showing purple on the ketostix. Monday morning, I weighed in at 191.2lbs (up 3.2lbs), and not showing anything on the stix. God back on the wagon again, and as off this morning (only 3 full days back on the keto) I weighed in at 187.2lbs and showing purple on the stix again. So down 0.8lbs overall, including my carb nite weight.

That looks promising. I'll give it a go once I hit my first target. I'll use the carb night and adjust cals to try and lean bulk.

Best of luck with it Woo. If you can prepare some food for yourself for lunchtime at work or wherever, it makes things a lot easier. When you go to the shop to buy something, everything is rolls, sandwiches, wraps, etc. But a few minutes the night before putting something together will save you temptation. Eventually it'll be your choice as to whether you have a bit of bread, as opposed to a craving.

As for the carb nite thing....

You go hardcore keto (

Obviously there's an "ideal" way of doing your carb nite, there are better carbs than others, and you should do a gym session beforehand for optimum results. But you don't have to. I certainly don't.

Cheers, mate. The timing works out perfectly there for me, really. Have a heavy gym session a week Saturday then enjoy a few rums and a load of rice in the evening. Think I'll try it so that each Saturday is my carb nite, just getting that discipline through the week that's the main part, combining diet and gym.

@ Woo: Sent that onto you there fella.

@ Elite: Pitta? Haven't a clue. Maybe you'd have to make your own using Almond Flour?

For cooking oil, look at real butter, coconut oil, goose fat. You can use extra virgin olive oil, but it's not great.

@ Woo: Sent that onto you there fella.

@ Elite: Pitta? Haven't a clue. Maybe you'd have to make your own using Almond Flour?

For cooking oil, look at real butter, coconut oil, goose fat. You can use extra virgin olive oil, but it's not great.

You mean taste wise? Or why isn't it great.

Nice one. Doing quite well with this Keto now, I am naturally quite lean anyway but hopefully it can strip away the excess fat just want to turn into a skinny bastard though!