You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

new Main Stand is gonna be amazing BUT....

old skool tom

This is very much a glass half full or half empty scenario for me. In any walk of life hindsight presents numerous opportunities that you might have taken. We can lament what might have been, or we can be glad for the progress that is being made. I choose the latter. It's a difficult issue that previous owners have not been able to tackle.

Guest Super Sub

A pretty incomplete and misleading statement.

The Centenary was built on the footprint of the 1963 Kemlyn Rd stand. The treads were, and are, only 610mm wide, today’s standard is 700-800mm. The Club started buying houses to redevelop that stand in 1980, and by 1981 were only one house away from doing just that- if it had not been for Joan and Nora Mason.

So it is not true to say that the Centenary redevelopment was driven by the lost capacity of an all-seater Kop, although it did turn out to be a by-product. It should have increased capacity, instead it maintained it.

That the Club is happy to leave the lower Kemlyn as it is, is an insult, and inconvenience, to anyone over 5ft 6in.

I stand corrected, I do actually remember the lone terraced house were the old lady's lived on Kemlyn rd that they wouldn't sell to the club which prevented the club extending the stand for years.

It's going to look impressive, but really its a a half caked plan 20 years overdue. Think of the revenue lost in them 10-15 years. Not knocking the current owners because at least they are doing something. The Kop will definitely need an upgrade in the future as it will be dwarfed by the new stands.

• Upvote 1

I stand corrected, I do actually remember the lone terraced house were the old lady's lived on Kemlyn rd that they wouldn't sell to the club which prevented the club extending the stand for years.

I bet they would've sold to Brendan Rodgers.

The new Main Stand is going to be amazing?

Is it fuck. It's going to be filled with tourists and Johnny-come-lately whoppers and you'll have to pay through the nose just to watch your team kick a ball around. If you want something to eat or drink, you'll be expected to pay about a million pounds for a beaker of warm piss masquerading as lager and a pie that makes munching on a lump of dog shit seem appealing.

Tony knows.
  • Upvote 2

Guest Super Sub

There is a better longer one on RAWK. On the second to last page I think it's the unedited version of this. I can't get the link cause I am not a member

Guest Super Sub

There is a better longer one on RAWK. On the second to last page I think it's the unedited version of this. I can't get the link cause I am not a member

This is the one it's actually not the same as the truss is in place on this one. It's also on TIA but for those who haven't seen it.

Great about the main stand.

How about the Anfield Road stand expansion? They have erased any mention to it even in the official website, which states that the owners have announced an expansion to 54.000 (not to 59.000 as they actually did).

Anyone knows anything about that?