You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

FSG are not shit

Dave D

All clubs owned by investment firms are for sale if someone pays over the odds. 

Hopefully the walkout as a result of trying to extort more money from supporters has put a ceiling level on ticket revenue. It should really be reduced but they have made it clear to groups that have met them that won't happen. Throw in the failure to bully the smaller clubs out of more tv money will make them think now might be a good time to sell.

They'd definitely sell if the price was right for them, I just think that price keeps increasing with all the national/global TV rights and huge sums of money flowing into the game around the world (like in China). It's all about maximising that profit...they don't want to get too greedy though as it might all come crashing down one day. It's certainly clear that they're not in the game for love of the club or winning trophies as far as I'm concerned.

Last year I met someone who had recently worked for a brokerage firm. They told me that their company had been asked by a Premier League Club to seek out potentially interested parties to buy the club but had put a large price on said club. I started guessing who said club was and at that time guessed a few lower clubs in the league. They said it was a top six club and eventually told me that club was us. They said that they had been involved since from around the beginning of 2016. They are someone I trust wouldn't make any of this shit up.

I think with this lot we'll tread water. They won't let us sink too far, but they won't be too bothered if we don't win anything. Danger is if other clubs continue to get bought up we might begin to fall behind as our best players continue to leave and managers continue to come and go. Our history and global brand (hate that phrase) will count for less and less especially as other clubs start to win things. It pisses me off and it all probably sounds rather negative, but I find it hard to see it any other way at the moment. Not going to think about it anymore as it's Friday night and I fancy getting pissed.

The only thing that surprises me with them is that they haven't spent a little bit more players-wise to ensure top-4 status going forward , as the money in the CL is getting ridiculous.

I read somewhere last week that Leicester got more money than Real last year out of the CL pot because of the UK tv revenue split & it was something ludicrous like £75m.

The further teams from one country go in the Champions League, the less TV money they each get. Spain's big 3 have reached the last 4 quite regularly whereas Juventus are the only ones from Serie A to have made any real headway in the competition in recent years, so they've hoovered up the vast majority of the TV money available to Italian clubs and got more than the Spanish clubs.

The only thing that surprises me with them is that they haven't spent a little bit more players-wise to ensure top-4 status going forward , as the money in the CL is getting ridiculous.

I read somewhere last week that Leicester got more money than Real last year out of the CL pot because of the UK tv revenue split & it was something ludicrous like £75m.

CL dosh becomes more irrelevant each year as it gets dwarfed by the TV revenue.

Is it not possible to make an early offer and then look at the books in-depth before finalising a firm offer? 

Big businesses never get sold like that mate, Any serious party will ask for a prospectus and have to sign a confidentiality agreement.  Informal discussions might tale place where numbers are "suggested" but beyond that no-one is allowed to disclose details,  FSG would also want details of how any purchase would be financed at a very early stage, 

Anyone actually think we’re getting sold then? Because I hope to god it happens around Christmas just in time for the January window to open and we finally get our £200m war chest.

I have no evidence to back up my theory just what I think, I don’t really know anything about keeping players with long contracts on the books for value and all the accounting that goes on with a complicated deal like buying a huge football club, I just think it would explain a hell of a lot as to why Klopp hasn’t kicked up a fuss regarding lack of transfers since he’s been, it’s as if in the summer he had been told the clubs being sold and that he’ll have a big budget once it does and for whatever reason it dragged on and wasn’t completed in time. He’s bound to be given assurances as to how much money he can expect every summer and I’m guessing it’s a lot more than £20m or whatever it is he’s actually spent, he could walk into most top jobs so him sticking around with these owners tying one hand behind his back and asking him to go in goals is crazy, he’d surely just walk, despite what he says he’s not happy with the squad at all, you can tell that a mile off he just needs them until he gets his replacements in. We do not look like a Jurgen Klopp team at all and that’s solely down to personnel.

I hope to fuck they just sell up to a decent owner who will give us a fighting chance, as soon as possible.

• Upvote 1

They will sell us at some point else its just a paper profit and they aren't getting any younger. However I think they think there is a lot more to come from TV deals and I suspect they are right. Unless a mega bid comes in for us I think they'll be sticking around until they think the value of the asset is maximized.

Horrible to put it that way I know, but thats the way it is.

They'll sell to the highest bidder too. So we best hope that person has better intentions than the last two who've just wanted to profit.

The White Knight isn't coming over the hill unfortunately, We will more than likely be sold to another investor looking to see a return over a relatively short period,  They will look at the relatively modest investment made by FSG compared to the likes of City and Manure , the potential to build up revenue further , the weakness of Sterling and consider now is a good time to buy . Like FSG ambition is unlikely to extend beyond CL qualification with anything more a bonus,  

FSG would be mad to sell while we remain one of the biggest earning clubs in the world, with Premier League prize money increasing exponentially. I hope they do bugger off but that's not likely to happen for a long time unfortunately. Then again I never thought we'd be rid off Cancer and Aids yet we eventually fucked those crooks off.

FSG would be mad to sell while we remain one of the biggest earning clubs in the world, with Premier League prize money increasing exponentially. I hope they do bugger off but that's not likely to happen for a long time unfortunately. Then again I never thought we'd be rid off Cancer and Aids yet we eventually fucked those crooks off.

they fucked themselves off by pissing the banks off.

I doubt an English PL team fits it ideally with their US Sports portfolio. They were opportunistic buyers that had they not had the inside track on H+G probably would never have considered buying LFC,  The art of selling is sometimes leaving some meat on the bone and whilst there is still growth potential they should be able to get a relatively clean exit and count their ill gotten gains. Liverpool will end up being a massively profitable deal for them