You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Liverpool vs Leicester, Thursday 1st January

Mook

I wanted him sacked about a month ago and thought the owners could act after the CL debacle. Since then I have grown a little more sanguine about his position. FSG seem settled on giving him until the end of the season but with no more money, That's what yesterdays interview was all about imo, There is no obvious  immediate replacement so the tactic would seem to be to give yourself some breathing space and have the option of kicking him to the kerb in April, Getting someone in now at great expense , letting them spend in January whilst cleaning up Rodgers mess ,resolving the Gerrard situation and with the clubs support split down the middle is all too much whilst expecting  we would turn a corner in the second half . Clean slate for a new guy in the summer unless Rodgers pulls off a miracle. There just isn't a better scenario out there right now, He is pretty much a lame duck because I don't believe he will pull it back which makes for a fairly dismal few months. All I can say is these boys in Boston better be getting their fucking act together and getting an experienced guy that has actually won a few things line up . Klopp would seem to be a sensible option. There may be others but no more fucking rookies; we are not a kindergarten   

Well if thats what they are thinking, they have 6 months to get it right. I hope they fare better than our scouting committee who made a pigs ear of getting a striker to replace Suarez.

To the point that we play no striker even though we have 4 in the club.

I wanted him sacked about a month ago and thought the owners could act after the CL debacle. Since then I have grown a little more sanguine about his position. FSG seem settled on giving him until the end of the season but with no more money, That's what yesterdays interview was all about imo, There is no obvious  immediate replacement so the tactic would seem to be to give yourself some breathing space and have the option of kicking him to the kerb in April, Getting someone in now at great expense , letting them spend in January whilst cleaning up Rodgers mess ,resolving the Gerrard situation and with the clubs support split down the middle is all too much whilst expecting  we would turn a corner in the second half . Clean slate for a new guy in the summer unless Rodgers pulls off a miracle. There just isn't a better scenario out there right now, He is pretty much a lame duck because I don't believe he will pull it back which makes for a fairly dismal few months. All I can say is these boys in Boston better be getting their fucking act together and getting an experienced guy that has actually won a few things line up . Klopp would seem to be a sensible option. There may be others but no more fucking rookies; we are not a kindergarten   

FSG must look at Southampton and think "what the fuck"?

They would kill for that set up right now. And not just cos they're currently top 4.

Their whole production line set up represents what they are after.

Rodgers spent £65million on Lallana Markovic and Lolvren.

No upside anywhere there.

Signings like that will probably be what does for him in the end.

Today was the chance to give Leicester a hiding and keep the momentum from the Swansea game. We were given 2 non-penalties and the 2-0 lead should have been the perfect start for us to go on and kick some ass but if you act scared, at HOME, against the bottom team, then you deserve to be called on it. 

If you have something that works then keep it. As soon as I read Rodgers saying Gerrard would be 'straight back in' then I knew he was going to change a winning team again. When will he learn? 

Today was the chance to give Leicester a hiding and keep the momentum from the Swansea game. We were given 2 non-penalties and the 2-0 lead should have been the perfect start for us to go on and kick some ass but if you act scared, at HOME, against the bottom team, then you deserve to be called on it. 

If you have something that works then keep it. As soon as I read Rodgers saying Gerrard would be 'straight back in' then I knew he was going to change a winning team again. When will he learn? 

Lovren will be straight back in too.

• Upvote 1

This is probably an end to the potential CL qualification. And even before it was a long shot. But some BR selections are weird to say the least..

We'll need title winning form to get CL unless it gets really silly and 62 or 63 points is enough which is a slight possibility looking at the way things are going in this league.

29 points from 20 games, 70-72 is the usual target for 4th in a normal season, that would mean us needing 41 plus points from 18 games, that ain't going to happen.

FSG must look at Southampton and think "what the fuck"?

They would kill for that set up right now. And not just cos they're currently top 4.

Their whole production line set up represents what they are after.

Rodgers spent £65million on Lallana Markovic and Lolvren.

No upside anywhere there.

Signings like that will probably be what does for him in the end.

No doubt but Southampton are unlikely to be up there in two, three ,five years from now which is what is expected from Liverpool. It's hard to build to a dynasty that has real longevity and I don't believe our owners have the resources or the  game plan to make that happen .

If you take away the two penalty goals and the how ha of loosing a 2-0 lead, we were shite all over the pitch today like for 75% of all our games this season. Thats why I did not join in with the wank fest after the Swansea game. We are very inconsistent. We are also a team who plays all of our games with no recognised striker, which I find astonishing at this level.

• Upvote 2

All I can say is these boys in Boston better be getting their fucking act together and getting an experienced guy that has actually won a few things line up . Klopp would seem to be a sensible option. There may be others but no more fucking rookies; we are not a kindergarten   

I think De Boer will be the one for FSG when Rodgers goes.

It would be a gamble again, not so much of a gamble as Rodgers but still a gamble of sorts, he's won trophies but in Holland, he has some CL experience but he hasn't exactly been around the block as a manager and surely has a lot to learn still.

Rodgers drives his Porsche, gets a puncture and pulls over to change the tire. Changes tire and gets going again. But then, just when he picks up speed and starts gaining ground on everyone, he pulls over and puts the old tire back on and falls back into the slow lane.

And then he wonders why people think he's a spacenozzle. 

Rodgers drives his Porsche, gets a puncture and pulls over to change the tire. Changes tire and gets going again. But then, just when he picks up speed and starts gaining ground on everyone, he pulls over and puts the old tire back on and falls back into the slow lane.

not your best analogy, Iceman.  

Best analogy yet. All repped out though unfortunately.