You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

UCL - Madrid v Liverpool

Paco

Not as annoying as the cloying sentimentality towards someone earning £180k per week while there are people on food banks.

Yeah to be fair he's provided plenty of entertainment (and happiness) to millions of people around the world including people on food banks, so you could argue he more than deserve his paypacket.

As content as I can be after a loss.

I really feared a  mauling so the fact that we weren`t was a bonus. 

I was quite happy when I saw the team. No Lovren, Johnson and Balotelli is a good thing surely. Henderson and Sterling are woefully out of form anyway.

Mignolet was solid, Lucas played well, Can was decent and even Markovic showed a couple of glimpses of something.

This team put up a damn better show than the supposed first team at Anfield.

This Madrid team really is an excellent side, there`s no shame in a narrow loss at their yard.

• Upvote 1

Shit result but not an awful performance. 

A lot more solid than we have been lately but we set out to nullify them rather than play.

If we play like that with Sturridge and Sterling up front we'd win games counter attacking no problem. 

Would rather see us play like that counter attacking than play some abortion of a system with Balotelli attempting to be Suarez. 

• Upvote 1

Pleased for the players that came into the team, but it doesn't really mean anything. I very rarely worry about us against top teams, it's against shite like Hull I worry. 

I believe we'll beat Chelsea, but then go on and get embarrassed by Crystal Palace. This has gone on for ages. Long before Rodgers. 

We lost.  As expected.  Big game at the weekend.  I wouldn't be gutted if he played the same team, as I want him to pick players on merit.  Most played at least as well as you'd expect.  None played worse than you'd expect.  Which his more than you can say for the last several weeks.  

Brendan put his balls on the line tonight with that teamsheet, not for me as I had no problems with it given how painstakingly shite we've been recently but for the potential backlash he would have got in the press who are desperate to say he waived the white flag.

As a result he should get away without too much stick and give one or 2 players the chance to look at themselves and realise they aren't undroppable.

There's still the not so small problem of the lack of goals but half of that effort shown tonight would have beaten Newcastle on Saturday I'm convinced of it.

I'm far from pleased we lost but we showed some long awaited fight tonight and the likes of Can and Moreno can look back on good personal performances against a top quality team, as can others such as Kolo.

We've a long fucking way to go. Much improved and we were very brave in possession i thought. Still not a fucking Dickie bird of a threat up top. Frustrating but Madrid were clearly not at full tilt but I'm impressed overall that we didn't capitulated. Toure was brilliant,fair play to the mad bollix. Deserves a start on Sat in my opinion. At the end of a storm eh,let's hope the see the golden sky.

I don't see the big deal with the starting line up. I mean, it's not like anybody is indispensable atm and the lads who did start are all Rodgers players and signed for big coin. I said this before the game to a mate.

Gerrard and Sterling in at the weekend but the shell of tonight's team deserves another run out.