You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

UCL - Madrid v Liverpool

Paco

Always amazes me how people salivate at the prospect of being able to critisize the shit out of gerrard. We were no worse when he came on infact we probably even looked a bit more threatening. It doesn't mean Id start him versus chelsea or that he's beyond criticism.

Anyway tonight the back 4, lucas and can earned there places for the next game I reckon, I'd even start Borini but probably with another forward not on his lonesome.

• Upvote 3

Well that went better than I expected.

The passing was actually half decent, despite still being toothless up front. No defensive cockups for a change. I know Madrid were playing ata canter, there was no expectation on us to force the pace and go for a win, but still, that may give us a bit of confidence.

Always amazes me how people salivate at the prospect of being able to critisize the shit out of gerrard. We were no worse when he came on infact we probably even looked a bit more threatening.

Did we? I don't think so. No agenda, by the way: just my opinion on the relative merits of Can and Gerrard tonight...

Well played to all of our lads, Real Madrid are on a different level and after seeing them swat Barca aside it makes our performance tonight not that bad in comparison.

Whisper it quietly but Mignolet has been decent the last couple of weeks and again tonight.  Our best player, in fact.

Mignolet was excellent. But he's made for Spanish football...

Kolo, Manquillo and Mignolet absolutely superb. Can, Moreno and Manquillo all very good. Kolo should start every game.

Eh?  I love Manquillo and it's not his fault he was up against a player who's in excellent form but Marcelo destroyed him tonight.  He tried manfully and was miles better than Johnson would have been but I don't think you could say he was "superb" by any stretch.

• Upvote 1

Put a shift in played with pride, but just nowhere near enough guile and quality to properly trouble a team like that.

In the context of this season and where we are now something to take positives from and build on, in the context of what we are as a club and what we aspire to achieve then losing can only ever be disappointing.