You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

West Ham vs Liverpool, 20th September 2014

WhiskeyJar

Do any of the CUNTS insulting Sakho and Lovren here, understand that IT IS NOT a matter of signings or faces, but a matter of tactics and set up?

Sakho is a beast, he is fantastic. Any World Class defender would struggle the way we go out to play. Defenders are forced to pass the ball around needlessly, the lack of a top class DM leaves our CBs exposed especially when our full backs advance and possession is lost. Overall it is evident that our defensive training is not good enough.

Do any of the CUNTS insulting Sakho and Lovren here, understand that IT IS NOT a matter of signings or faces, but a matter of tactics and set up?

Sakho is a beast, he is fantastic. Any World Class defender would struggle the way we go out to play. Defenders are forced to pass the ball around needlessly, the lack of a top class DM leaves our CBs exposed especially when our full backs advance and possession is lost. Overall it is evident that our defensive training is not good enough.

so cunts insulting lovren sakho bad.

cunts insulting rodgers good.

Sakho is a beast, he is fantastic. Any World Class defender would struggle the way we go out to play. Defenders are forced to pass the ball around needlessly, the lack of a top class DM leaves our CBs exposed especially when our full backs advance and possession is lost. Overall it is evident that our defensive training is not good enough.

Spot on, i bet Rodgers makes him practise heading balls straight to an opponent in training.

• Upvote 1

I cannot understand the playing of both Stevie and Lucas. They are essentially both playing the same position and should be rotated, because we have depth. Stevie is the natural choice to start. Lucas a backup. Gerrards days of plunging forward are over and he needs to know it.

I don't see Allan as a defensive mid, although he's obviously done it before, and is capable of slotting in there during tactical changes.

Stevie should never be rotated with Lucas. Ever.

Last season Rodgers switched the Captain into the deep lying rol. This negated Lucas's contribution. However, if Gerrard is injured Lucas can step in. That's more of the rotation I had in mind. Sure, Lucas should have been long gone. However he isnt. Dont ask me why, ask our manager why.

We spent a lot money and didnt even look at DM. Having shipped 50 odd goals in our title challenge, this does seem strange. I'm not impressed with Agger going, and where's Skrrtel?

Yes Agger gets injured, but so do Allen and Sturridge. They werent shipped out.

Early days and Rodgers is the boss, not me or anyone else on this forum, but putting Suarez aside, we're scoring goals, and goals win games when we dont concede. Our problems are defensive

I hate coming on match threads after we lose because people spout some utter fucking shite and I hate people giving the manager down the banks and over-reacting. 

That said I can't believe Lucas and Borini started. They are simply not good enough and offer fuck all. Lucas gets in Gerrards way and stops him playing to his strengths and although i can understand the logic of playing a mobile forward with Balotelli, Borini just fucking runs around and offers shit all. 

Lallana was excellent when he came on and I think if he starts we win that game. 

West ham were brilliant in that first half, they won every 50/50 and every time they came forward they looked like scoring. 

2nd half we were marginally the better team but created hardly anything. I know we are blending in new players but we need to get a shift on because right now we aren't tearing into teams like we can. 

As for the abuse Pidge was giving Stewart Downing…. well….. I clapped him as he came over near us to take a corner just out of respect as an ex player, Pidge however stopped short of jumping over the hoardings and sparking him out. 

One more thing, after their 2nd goal, one of their fans threw a banana at their own player. We couldn't believe it. And it stayed there all game and all. Very surprised nothings been said about it. 

Oh I fucking love Balotelli. 

This is a serious issue, especially in midfield. Also every loose ball at the moment seem to drop at an opponents feet. Which is no coincidence of course, but down to formation/tactics and also the personnel we have in midfield. This was more or less the same last season of course, one of the few things most people seemed to agree on was the soft midfield issue. Which started, or at least got worse, once we moved Gerrard into DM.

What the fuck was Rodgers playing at?  If anyone deserves a kick in the bollocks tonight, it's him.  I loved him last year for playing players in form.  This year, I fear his ego is getting the better of him, and I hate it.

So because he played two players you don't like he has ego issues?  Always the first to turn on the manager.  Rafa, King Kenny, Rodgers... 

Big test for Rodgers.  Bit of humility, learn from mistakes, and quickly.  The alternative is to turn into Pardew, and no-one wants to see that.  

Partronising guff. 

A portion of the issues in defence has to be Rodgers

He has played multiple players in the back 4 and none of them have played well consistently.

Imo we leave our CBs far too exposed by pushing up the FB and not having a dedicated DM

Fair comment.

Rodgers is going to come under scrutiny this season. So far he has not but a foot wrong, but with over £100m being paid, along with some tasty wages, he will need to deliver.