You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Someone's having a real laugh - butthead?

Boss

I'm not convinced with your argument, Neil, have to say

Van Gaal doesn't seem to know where he wants to go with them and they do need another hefty injection of cash just to stand still.

Pie face, with his stupid contract, isn't going anywhere and won't be getting any better. Their defence is suspect and their midfield is average. They are nowhere near Chelsea in terms of quality or management.

Whether they get into the top 4 this year is touch and go and if they don't they'll be in trouble next year. They need a clear out and a top quality manager who can push them forwards with a clear vision and i don't think they'll get one for at least another year

Happy Days

I didn't say they'd necessarily win it with van Gaal as manager. If Chelsea and City weren't in the way I'd fancy our chances of beating them to it. By the time those two have been pegged back by FFP though, if that happens at all, I expect United to have a much stronger squad, and a top manager in place if van Gaal doesn't work out.

I don't think they're as far off having a title-winning side as most people on here do. Another spend of the same size as last summer will do it, now that van Gaal has had time to assess the squad and identify targets, which he didn't last summer.

They are fucking miles away from a title winning side. Fellani, Carrick, Phil Jones, Smalling,Jonny Evans to name but a few.

Sturridge, Sterling, Sahko, Skirtle, Courtinio,Allen,Can,Moreno, Henderson and a maybe a few orhers would walk into their side. They're a busted flush.

He's going to score against us now, and it will be ALL YOUR FAULT. That's how these things work.

Anyway. I look forward to Butt-head defending Di Maria on the basis that he asked him whether he dived and Di Maria said no and he's not that kind of player.

Roy Keane: Louis van Gaal needs 'three years' to succeed

Former Manchester United captain Roy Keane says it will be a "disaster" if the club fail to finish in the top four but believes Louis van Gaal needs "two or three years" to rebuild the squad.

Another three years? That is an eternity in LVG time.

Former Manchester United captain Roy Keane says it will be a "disaster" if the club fail to finish in the top four but believes Louis van Gaal needs "two or three years" to rebuild the squad.

They should have given that time to Moyes.

He'll be dead in 3 years.

From the beeb's match report:

The hero of the night was Welbeck as he punished the club for whom he scored 29 goals in 142 appearances before switching to Arsenal after Van Gaal brought in Radamel Falcao.

The Colombian was not even called from the bench amid United's increasing panic, which saw the great tactician Van Gaal end with the giant figures of Marouane Fellaini and Chris Smalling up front.

Racist abuse and a death threat has already come Wellbeck's way apparently. Imagine the furore if it was us?

They're a horrible group of fans, like Chelsea fans they derive all their enjoyment from one upmanship against other clubs, so when you take that ability away from them they revert to type and just become the savages they are. Absolute scum of a fanbase. Keep up the good work Louis.

• Upvote 6

It annoys me that I still think they'll muddle their way to top four. They've had huge luck this season.  The same luck that deserted Moyes.  But it also shows the merits of having a very good forward line as top players can do top things.  Also, DeGea having his breakthrough season could not have been better timed for them. Hopefully he fucks off to Madrid

It annoys me that I still think they'll muddle their way to top four. They've had huge luck this season. The same luck that deserted Moyes. But it also shows the merits of having a very good forward line as top players can do top things. Also, DeGea having his breakthrough season could not have been better timed for them. Hopefully he fucks off to Madrid

I change my mind daily with this. I keep going back and forth with were bound to hit a bit of a blip soon and they'll keep winning.

Then I watch them play and think there's no way they can keep it up as they're so shit, they're so shit I can barely believe they are 3rd nether mind 8th or lower.