You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Someone's having a real laugh - butthead?

Boss

If they could persuade Real to take £60m instead of £80m and persuade Ronaldo to take the equivalent of a £15m a year cut in gross pay, then it would only cost them £140m to get him back

What do you think they're smoking over there at Old Trafford?

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/sep/25/manchester-united-cristiano-ronaldo-transfer-real-madrid

It's actually mental. They have one defender and are looking at a another attacking player?

Even if it's just rumours you can bet they will be in their to keep fans on side to the detriment of the team.

add that to the money they need to spend in jan and the summer again and they really could be setting themselves up for a financial bumming.

Long may it continue.

They're primarily a corporate enterprise fronting a football club. They will spend and do anything to stay in the CL and on the front pages. It's all publicity to keep reminding their 'supporters' they're still tops but the mystique is gone and the spell is broken.

• Upvote 1

Wasn't Van Gaal's potential involvement the reason that Rodgers initially turned down the job? That's some balls for the manager of Swansea

It certainly was. After that happened Henry was pictured with Martinez in Miami. Martinez also expressed his dislike of the idea and so the offer went to Rodgers. Can't blame either of them, Van Gaal's reputation in football is of a talented yet very difficult man to work with, an authoritarian who thrives on bruising egos. Both men would have had their reputations battered working for him as it wouldn't work. He would decide who to sign.

Can you imagine as a coach, scouting good young centrebacks to sign then his dinosaur head comes poking round the corner with his deranged smile of baby teeth, telling you to sign a billion pound mercenary striker who's been injured for 9 months.

• Upvote 4

I work in IT solutions at a respectably senior level in small/medium size companies working across Europe and parts of Asia. If Microsoft turned up tomorrow and said they wanted me to run their EMEA operations but that Bill Gates had an interest in the area and I would need to work with him on strategy, I reckon I would say yes. What I probably wouldn't say is, "get rid of Bill, either I run everything or you can shove your offer."

Like I said, Brendan has fucking huge balls

• Upvote 1

It certainly was. After that happened Henry was pictured with Martinez in Miami. Martinez also expressed his dislike of the idea and so the offer went to Rodgers. Can't blame either of them, Van Gaal's reputation in football is of a talented yet very difficult man to work with, an authoritarian who thrives on bruising egos. Both men would have had their reputations battered working for him as it wouldn't work. He would decide who to sign.

Can you imagine as a coach, scouting good young centrebacks to sign then his dinosaur head comes poking round the corner with his deranged smile of baby teeth, telling you to sign a billion pound mercenary striker who's been injured for 9 months.

lvgfyjt4.gif

• Upvote 2

I work in IT solutions at a respectably senior level in small/medium size companies working across Europe and parts of Asia. If Microsoft turned up tomorrow and said they wanted me to run their EMEA operations but that Bill Gates had an interest in the area and I would need to work with him on strategy, I reckon I would say yes. What I probably wouldn't say is, "get rid of Bill, either I run everything or you can shove your offer."

Like I said, Brendan has fucking huge balls

I know Pesti but you don't have new teeth and a new bird! or maybe you do.

hahaa paddy mcnair, what a great name, you can just imagine him existing too.

' and now united introduce paddy macnair, who has never played football before but is a good lad, and his dad used to own the rose and crown ale house on moss side estate before arsonists had their terrible way'

• Upvote 1

hahaa paddy mcnair, what a great name, you can just imagine him existing too.

' and now united introduce paddy macnair, who has never played football before but is a good lad, and his dad used to own the rose and crown ale house on moss side estate before arsonists had their terrible way'

Paddy McNair the new McGrath - Crerand.

• Upvote 1

United only have 1 centre back fit for this weekend; Paddy McNair. 

They were trying their new centre back partnership out in training yesterday in preparation for West Ham's direct game.

Paddy Mcnair and Tom Thorpe have been promoted up.

2518.jpg

Promoted up from the shed at the back of the changing room.

Paddy McNair will either turn out to be fucking magnificent for the cunts or he will live long in the memory of all who hate the bastards as the young fella that made West Ham look like a re-incarnation of Real in the 60s. There won't be an in between performance.

With a name like that he sounds like he belongs in Roy of the Rovers. Tyler Blackett sounds like a crack dealer in Miami.