You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Burning Question: Rickie Lambert - Are you on board with it?

tlw content

I think I rate Lallana higher than many on here because I see him as a genuine improvement on the likes of Coutinho and Sterling and also think his level could go up again under Rodgers. Outside of the really stellar names that people might throw (and even including some of them) I can't think of a better fit for what we need next season. 

Steady!

Agree with the general sentiment of everything else you posted, and I too think Lallana is fucking brilliant and will become even better playing under Rodgers and with these players.

Lambert's main strength isn't in the air. It's just something he happens to be good at.

You honestly think Rodgers would want to sign someone who's main asset is being big and winning headers?

Read the comments from Rodgers back in December, he was gushing about Lambert's footballing ability.

If its not heading its penaltys or freekicks, two attributes which will be useless at lfc, Ive seen him enough to know hes nothing special on the ball.

Fuck it anyway Im over it as it is not a massive fee but I just hope we don't get in a situation where we are having to rely on lambert or borini, also I would hate to be sitting here next summer out of the cl thinking we signed lambert the summer we were in a position to go for top players.

Lambert is lauded as a big target man by commentators, particularly when in an England shirt however all the saints fans I know hugely disagree by such a label. His all round play is good for a striker of his age and lack of pace. He takes a men free kick and is one of the best penalty takers in the league. 

When Lambert is on we will play high balls quote me on it, as I have said a few times in this thread I have seen lambert come on a few times for soton and negatively affect their play as they start going long when hes on.

The Lambert who started 35 of their total of 42 games? I think you are fibbing. Like when he came on and scored the winner against Swansea? Or when he came on and got a goal and an assist against Norwich? 

Fibber.

• Upvote 3

Lambert is a brilliant signing. people need to wake the fuck up to moreno and can. that there is what is going to haunt us. Best part of 30 Mill there for which both I guarantee will not play more than 20 league games combined next season if they sign.

The Lambert who started 35 of their total of 42 games? I think you are fibbing. Like when he came on and scored the winner against Swansea? Or when he came on and got a goal and an assist against Norwich?

Fibber.

He's got history when it comes to lying.

Imagine a man, born and bred Liverpool to the bone, standing in the line-up, the No. '5' badge of honour ironed onto the sleeve of his new kit, the theme song for the Champions League ringing out around Anfield. He'd give 110% wouldn't he?

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Imagine a man, born and bred Liverpool to the bone, standing in the line-up, the No. '5' badge of honour ironed onto the arm of his new kit, the theme song for the Champions League ringing out around Anfield. He'd give 110% wouldn't he?

I do love that part of the transfer, definitely.

• Upvote 1

According to a snippet in the Mirror he was a midfield player until he was 22/23 so that doesn't strike me as a guy whose only aim is to knock headers on  ( I am ignoring Fellaini for the purposes of this point ). The Mirror also said it is £2m with add-ons taking it to £4m.

If its not heading its penaltys or freekicks, two attributes which will be useless at lfc, Ive seen him enough to know hes nothing special on the ball.

Fuck it anyway Im over it as it is not a massive fee but I just hope we don't get in a situation where we are having to rely on lambert or borini, also I would hate to be sitting here next summer out of the cl thinking we signed lambert the summer we were in a position to go for top players.

shenanigans

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Imagine a man, born and bred Liverpool to the bone, standing in the line-up, the No. '5' badge of honour ironed onto the sleeve of his new kit, the theme song for the Champions League ringing out around Anfield. He'd give 110% wouldn't he?

Negged.

• Upvote 2

Lamberts skill from the penalty spot is being woefully disregarded here, criminally overlooked though no criminal offence has been committed.

A few facts bellow why penalties should not be overlooked, someone once said facts are only used by stupid people but I'm going to carry on regardless.

Arsenal, Liverpool, Chelsea* all won their last trophy through a penalty shoot outs, Man utd got dumped out of the Carling cup this season in a penalty shoot out.

* not a true fact because i forgot Chelsea won the Uefa cup under Rafa without needing a penalty shoot out, however some Chelsea fans still refuse to accept that as a trophy as they weren't too fond of their manager at the time, god they're a fucking strange bunch down there.