You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Burning Question: Rickie Lambert - Are you on board with it?

tlw content

On board? More like pushed overboard. It's going to get really emotional when we see the humongous gulf in quality between him and Suarez/Sturridge when we put this plodder on the pitch next to them, or god forbid, instead of them. The closer to zero the total minutes he's on the pitch next season is, the better. It isn't his fault though, it's the clubs fault. In the same way he jumped at the chance to sign for us (like Adam, Downing, Aspas and the rest of the do-nothings), I'd jump at the chance to strangle Ian Ayre.

Are you being serious?

We've signed a squad player here, for basically no money, someone who will give us completely different options from Suarez/Sturridge. Someone who has produced really good numbers in the PL for the last few seasons. Someone who will bleed for the shirt. It's not like he will replace one of our main strikers. He will compliment them and fucking die trying.

On board? More like pushed overboard. It's going to get really emotional when we see the humongous gulf in quality between him and Suarez/Sturridge when we put this plodder on the pitch next to them, or god forbid, instead of them. The closer to zero the total minutes he's on the pitch next season is, the better. It isn't his fault though, it's the clubs fault. In the same way he jumped at the chance to sign for us (like Adam, Downing, Aspas and the rest of the do-nothings), I'd jump at the chance to strangle Ian Ayre.

Dreadful post.

So you want us to sign a striker who is on the same level as Suarez/Sturridge but is happy to sit on the bench every week? The way I look at it, is Lambert good enough to be 3rd choice in a champions league/title chasing side? Yes. Is he as good as the 3rd choice choice for our rivals? (Welbeck,Torres, Ba, Jovetic, Dzeko, Sanogo et al) Yes, I'd say I'd rather him than almost all of them.

Lamberts good enough to be third choice for a prem and cl chasing side?I don't think any other team in European football challenging for those two things would think that, we shall see by the end of the summer if Rodgers even thinks that.

Who is the one from your list you would want over him? Im guessing dzeko

the big money signing but that wouldn't make sense as hes a big money player willing to sit on the bench which you don't like.

The rest were not good enough for teams that finished below us, jovetic who was a crock so even if lambert was better then them all which I don't think is true anyway that would not prove he is good enough for a cl or prem challenging side.

JermainePennant agrees with you.

I have nothing further to add.

• Upvote 1

Shocking post.