You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Adam Lallana

WhiskeyJar

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Judging him on how he plays for England is a new low

I don't think anybody is doing that. Just discussing his most recent performance.

Judging him on how he plays for England is a new low......when does anyone shine for that shower of shite?

As I made clear, I wasn't writing off Lallana on what he's done for England. Just questioning the amount of money we're willing to spend on him.

• Upvote 1

Lets face it Barkley would never come to us and I can't blame him, he'd be the ultimate Judas and the bitters would make his life hell.

Damn shame though as he'll be a mighty fine player.

A lad i know is good mates with Barkley, i was speaking to him a few months ago and asked if Barkley supports Everton, he said he's not a supporter of any team really. He said he just likes playing football. 

Barkley would be an insane signing but it'll never happen. He's defo going to leave the BS though at some point. Chelsea, City and the mancs would be the obvious destinations.

Instead of Lallana we should look at Fabregas. He'll cost £30M and his wages will be huge but he's exactly the sort of player who can take us from 2nd to the title. Unlikely to happen even if we were interested but that's the class of player we should be aiming for if we're spending £25M+. 

Barkley would be an insane signing but it'll never happen. He's defo going to leave the BS though at some point. Chelsea, City and the mancs would be the obvious destinations.

Instead of Lallana we should look at Fabregas. He'll cost £30M and his wages will be huge but he's exactly the sort of player who can take us from 2nd to the title. Unlikely to happen even if we were interested but that's the class of player we should be aiming for if we're spending £25M+. 

Fabregas is 27 Barca want €40million he'd also want huge wages as you mentioned.  No thanks.

You pay for a players technical ability not his achievements at a team.

Unless you're a regular on the FF. Then you want a player who's won 3 European cups, for a princely sum of £15 Million.

So why are people using Lallana's achievements at a team to justify the signing/cost?

Guest davelfc

Is that £25m or much less with add ons taking it to maybe £25m or player swap offers. 

I'm guessing Ayre has gone in there with a low cash offer and some old toffee crisp wrappers and a conker, a 25 winning conker mind you not some crap picked up off the grass. Oh and an old bus ticket. Why the fuck they're playing hardball I'll never know.

Guest davelfc

Imagine trying that with your season ticket, they'd go mental.

"Yeah, I'll pay you £200 now and depending on how we do and performances I can pay bonuses."

• Upvote 3