You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Adam Lallana

WhiskeyJar

Guest Numero Veinticinco

I didn't say he couldn't, I said we need to go for those who are already at the top level. Paying top level money and hoping a 26 year old is going to become top level is a recipe for disaster.

I didn't say he couldn't, I said we need to go for those who are already at the top level. Paying top level money and hoping a 26 year old is going to become top level is a recipe for disaster.

I'll be honest; I think Lallana is a no brainer signing.  He fits our style of play perfectly having played it very successfully for the last few seasons, and has already performed excellently in this league.  If it costs £25m and he starts playing like he did last season, then I don’t see what the issue would be with price or quality.

Can at £10m is much more of a risk in my opinion.

• Upvote 2

Guest Numero Veinticinco

I'll be honest; I think Lallana is a no brainer signing. He fits our style of play perfectly having played it very successfully for the last few seasons, and has already performed excellently in this league. If it costs £25m and he starts playing like he did last season, then I don’t see what the issue would be with price or quality.

He didn't play like a 25m player even at his best. I think it'll be a mistake and a waste of funds. Decent player, but we should be operating on another level from him.

He didn't play like a 25m player even at his best. I think it'll be a mistake and a waste of funds. Decent player, but we should be operating on another level from him.

Well I hope we get the chance to see him prove you wrong.  Prove you wrong like a wrong motherfucking motherfucker.

• Upvote 1

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Well I hope we get the chance to see him prove you wrong. Prove you wrong like a wrong motherfucking motherfucker.

I think he'd do a decent job. He's a good player, though he doesn't grab the game by the balls like a 25m player should.

Markovic is not 1st team ready imo and I wouldn't pay 30M for him. City, Chelsea and PSG can aford to have 30M sitting on the bench. 30M for us is Sanchez/Di Maria/Pedro/Griezmann/Muniain level and the last two I'd still gave my doubts at 30M but at least they have a few quality season behind them already.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Hope we avoid Lallana and go after Markovic, now they've priced themselves out.

Still a level below, or two. I'd sooner stick with what we've got and go for top quality where we really need it.

• Upvote 1

I'm not sure who is at the level that you think we should be looking at. If Lallana isn't, then Pedro sure as hell isn't.

Di Maria? Inconsistent. Therefore risky.

You're trolling. Pedro would be one of the best players in the league if he joined us.

He's been, at the very least, a squad player for five years and possibly the best team of all time. 87 goals in that time.

I said previously that for me, Pedro would be the biggest gamble of any of the players mentioned in that elite bracket. Nothing to suggest he could operate outside of Barca's cozy confines.

I said previously that for me, Pedro would be the biggest gamble of any of the players mentioned in that elite bracket. Nothing to suggest he could operate outside of Barca's cozy confines.

I'm not the biggest Pedro fain either, but if Del Bosque sees quality in him as well then there must be something about him. His work rate is great that's for sure and what we're looking for. But I do agree with you, outside "Barca system" nobody knows how he'd do.