You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Mignolet

Pureblood

“Conference, Comice, Nashi, Anjou, Taylor’s Gold or Bartlett. Whichever variety you pick, they’re crisp, sweet, refreshing AND bring a “tasty” yield within the futures market. The first thing to remember, this ISN’T pyramid selling.”

8 minutes ago, Lizzie Birdsworths Wrinkled Chopper said:

Irrespective of anything else, he’s played his role in our transformation the last couple of years through being a superb professional by all accounts.

He got to experience number 6 and he’ll always have his side-earner with the pear empire.

The only contribution that shit waffle had to our transformative upsurge was having his arse firmly stuck to our subs bench.

He was professional and there's something to be said about that. That being said, he stunk, which is why he's headed to Belgium at an age when he should be in his prime for his position. In any case, good luck to him, but I can't lie, I'm happy he's leaving. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

He was professional and there's something to be said about that. That being said, he stunk, which is why he's headed to Belgium at an age when he should be in his prime for his position. In any case, good luck to him, but I can't lie, I'm happy he's leaving. 

Anyone from Ligue 1 capable of filling the back-up role?

Backup keeper was one of the three issues I’d like to see us address this window. Hopefully this means we will do just that, expect us to bring in a new second choice of a completely different quality.

And I wish Mignolet all the best for his future career. He’s acted like a good professional, not his fault he was nowhere near good enough.

2 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Tatarusanu, the former Nantes keeper would have been good but he went to Lyon to be their backup. Other than that, there's no one that would really fit the bill. 

What got you into following Ligue 1 @3 Stacks?  Is it a French Canadian link or something?  I can't say I know a lot about it myself.  

4 minutes ago, KMD7 said:

What got you into following Ligue 1 @3 Stacks?  Is it a French Canadian link or something?  I can't say I know a lot about it myself.  

My first language is French so I enjoy following the coverage in France as a result. I have Kodi to get the French channels in Canada.

I've found I'm far more interested in it because of the language than other leagues even though Ligue 1 football is objectively worse than Spanish/Italian/German football. 

3 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

My first language is French so I enjoy following the coverage in France as a result. I have Kodi to get the French channels in Canada.

I've found I'm far more interested in it because of the language than other leagues even though Ligue 1 football is objectively worse than Spanish/Italian/German football. 

Yeah that makes sense alright. Fair play mate. 

10 minutes ago, Anubis said:

He’s plugged into every single football channel, like the Architect in The Matrix.

I don't regularly watch other leagues anymore. Only French and Premier League + European competitions. Nowadays if you see me talking about a player who isn't well known from any other league, you can be assured I'm making up that I know stuff about them, I'm stealing other people's opinions or I'm getting basic info on them from their stats on Fifa.