You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer Transfers 2014

WhiskeyJar

I think we'll be fine with Sturridge, Can and Allen back. We could even be one of the best teams in the league again with those back, if they play well and Coutinho is back on form. What bothers me is that with those three out, we look like this. It's actually shocking. Would like to see Lovren rested for a game or two as well, and see what we're like with Skrtel and Sakho.

Skrtel and Sakho at the back and Sterling and Sturridge up front, it's a double SAS. Can't we try it?

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Which sakho do you watch? Its not the fucking pudding who plays for us. "Superb passing football"? He's the most indecisive passer of the ball in our team. I don't see anything superb about anything he does.

Clearly a different one to you.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

I know you like him, but he's fucking garbage. Can't pass, can't head the ball, can't hold a line.

Like I said, a totally different one to you.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

As I said, you don't watch the one who plays for us.

My mistake.

Thing is, I can't keep watching it back, seeing the same thing, and then arguing with the likes of you and TK that they're not happening. It's just pointless on my part.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

I don't understand that post.

I'll expound. I watched the matches, I look at his very good passing and then come on here and hear how he's a terrible passer, so I rematch the match and see him passing very well. I don't really see the point in arguing about it any more. One of two things is likely to be true. The first one is that you're deliberately ignoring it, or that I'm having hallucinations. Now, I could cobble a video together to make sure the last one isn't true, but I've done it before with Lucas - who I think was called match winning sub who changed the game, and I showed all of his 16 touches of the ball, none of which actually did anything - but it didn't matter. Reality doesn't matter, so what's the point in wasting my time with it? He's fucking shit, the worst player in the premier league, etc. Those posters who posted that yesterday are spot on. I've got better things to do than debate it at any great length. Like Sunday lunch.

I'll expound. I watched the matches, I look at his very good passing and then come on here and hear how he's a terrible passer, so I rematch the match and see him passing very well. I don't really see the point in arguing about it any more. One of two things is likely to be true. The first one is that you're deliberately ignoring it, or that I'm having hallucinations. Now, I could cobble a video together to make sure the last one isn't true, but I've done it before with Lucas - who I think was called match winning sub who changed the game, and I showed all of his 16 touches of the ball, none of which actually did anything - but it didn't matter. Reality doesn't matter, so what's the point in wasting my time with it? He's fucking shit, the worst player in the premier league, etc. Those posters who posted that yesterday are spot on. I've got better things to do than debate it at any great length. Like Sunday lunch.

You need to worry about yourself if you're making videos.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

You need to worry about yourself if you're making videos.

I'm not making videos. I'm explaining that having spent the 5 minutes it took to collate a video of Lucas' 16 touches, it still isn't enough because reality doesn't matter. I'm much more worried about reality than I am having spent 5 minutes a year ago making a video. Still, we're all different. In some case, very different.

I'm not making videos. I'm explaining that having spent the 5 minutes it took to collate a video of Lucas' 16 touches, it still isn't enough because reality doesn't matter. I'm much more worried about reality than I am having spent 5 minutes a year ago making a video. Still, we're all different. In some case, very different.

Indeed. Very.

My opinion ? I like all of the players we signed this summer and think they will all make a contribution.

I'm still not convinced either that our defence is as calamitous as it appears, I honestly think that they get zero protection from Gerrard, Lucas and our midfield and it's something Brendan needs to give a serious rethink.

I love the style of footy that Rodgers has brought to our club and I reckon we need to persist with it and show some faith, but I'm really not sure we have the midfield personnel (yet) to make it work, certainly defensively.

Think we could be 3 players light; a couple of DM's with legs and athleticism, passing and physicality, and I would love to see another creative playmaker added to the squad. Someone who can pick the lock and make something happen, unpredictable and exciting. Said all summer that Firmino would be perfect as that player and perfect for us.

Finally, we must forget about Luis Suarez. We all loved him but he is gone and it is self-defeating to keep bringing his name up after every defeat. It serves no purpose other than salting the wound.

Strongly disagree. Completely lacks the pace, mobility and physicality we're crying out for imo mate.

Still love the guy though.

I thought his passing and controlling of the game is so much better than Gerrard, considering that neither could run much anyway.

All this is assuming that Rodgers actually wants a deep lying midfielder to control the tempo of the game. It is not just for Gerrard to extend his career.

• Upvote 1

My opinion ? I like all of the players we signed this summer and think they will all make a contribution.

I'm still not convinced either that our defence is as calamitous as it appears, I honestly think that they get zero protection from Gerrard, Lucas and our midfield and it's something Brendan needs to give a serious rethink.

I love the style of footy that Rodgers has brought to our club and I reckon we need to persist with it and show some faith, but I'm really not sure we have the midfield personnel (yet) to make it work, certainly defensively.

Think we could be 3 players light; a couple of DM's with legs and athleticism, passing and physicality, and I would love to see another creative playmaker added to the squad. Someone who can pick the lock and make something happen, unpredictable and exciting. Said all summer that Firmino would be perfect as that player and perfect for us.

Finally, we must forget about Luis Suarez. We all loved him but he is gone and it is self-defeating to keep bringing his name up after every defeat. It serves no purpose other than salting the wound.

The only goal I can think you can put down to lack of protection this season is the Southampton goal, perhaps you could argue the ludogrets goal. All 3 v city, the villa goal and all 3 yesterday were just awful defending and/or goalkeeping. It's not just our style of play, it's our lack of appetite to defend properly as individuals. Every single set piece conceded feels like the end of the world, as you know someone will go to sleep. I just get the feeling we just don't work on those basics enough on the training ground and if we do, we're not training properly and its a fucking shambles.