You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer Transfers 2014

WhiskeyJar

It's not a bad squad to be fair could obviously improve the gk and dm position. If we get a gk in January then we are great so I'm hoping the valdes rumours are true.

If we can keep that squad together next summer I would love to sign someone who can begin to take over from Gerrard I know that's unlikely but we can't rely on him to play every game. Even this season I think it's one of our main weaknesses if we had a player who could pass like him and provide a shield for defence we would be set if only he were younger.

Not sure how it works but B-ROD said in his post match interview on Sunday that he has told certain players they won't be getting any game time so start looking elsewhere. Surely FABIO has been given his marching orders. Can a player actually just decline to go if the club dosent want him anymore? I guess if his contract states a certain date of release then he's got the club by the balls really?

Of course he can unless the club want to pay him off for the remainder.

I'd bide my time and wait until January.

But by January his fee might be halved by having virtually no game time and from his point of view lesser teams than Sunderland and QPR may be after him because he hasn't played or when he has, simply hasn't performed.

If somebody told me I wasn't wanted I'd 100% go, why the fuck you stay if you were not welcome? It's like your mrs finishing with you but refusing to leave her or the house, it's just sad.

I wouldn't care where I went either because if he has any self belief he'll know that if he went to QPR and played brilliant for a season or 2 some 3rd/4th placed club in Serie A would buy him. Milan took Taarabt for fuck sake.

My guess would be that he knows we're not going to leave him to depreciate in value in the reserves so will probably get his loan move if he knocks back shite like QPR unless they offer him mega money.

But in the same vein were not going to play somebody we deem not good enough to be at the club

If we signed fewer average players we'd have less trouble shifting them. I've no problem either with Borini backing himself to show he's better than Lambert, there's not really much in it.[/quote

Think that was where we was though mate, Borini was a decent at the time, not good enough now as we've gone to a whole other level. Lambert offers us something different though that's why for me he'll be in the squad 9 times out of 10 over Borini.

But by January his fee might be halved by having virtually no game time and from his point of view lesser teams than Sunderland and QPR may be after him because he hasn't played or when he has, simply hasn't performed.If somebody told me I wasn't wanted I'd 100% go, why the fuck you stay if you were not welcome? It's like your mrs finishing with you but refusing to leave her or the house, it's just sad.I wouldn't care where I went either because if he has any self belief he'll know that if he went to QPR and played brilliant for a season or 2 some 3rd/4th placed club in Serie A would buy him. Milan took Taarabt for fuck sake.

But by January his fee might be halved by having virtually no game time and from his point of view lesser teams than Sunderland and QPR may be after him because he hasn't played or when he has, simply hasn't performed.If somebody told me I wasn't wanted I'd 100% go, why the fuck you stay if you were not welcome? It's like your mrs finishing with you but refusing to leave her or the house, it's just sad.I wouldn't care where I went either because if he has any self belief he'll know that if he went to QPR and played brilliant for a season or 2 some 3rd/4th placed club in Serie A would buy him. Milan took Taarabt for fuck sake.

I have it on good authority that Fabio is obsessed with the Magical Mystery Tour and goes on it at least twice a week. He couldn't do that in London or Sunderland.

I like Borini, but I can definitely see the club's point of view with wanting to sell him for a nice profit to Sunderland. He refused, as is his contractual right, in order to fight for his place here.

Well now, Fabio, the few chances you get this season will be put up or shut up.

Borini has every right to turn down the move. I'm sure the club would rather have had the money to reinvest in January or next summer, but we also tried to offload Henderson onto Fulham and since the player refused the move has gone on to become an important first team player. I'm not saying Borini will force his way into the first 11 but if he can get his head down, work hard and improve his game he may well change the managers mind about getting rid of him. It's up to him now to show what he can do if/when he gets the chance.

• Upvote 2

I don't think we are at a new level when Lambert is our first and only back up the manager is willing to play. City and Chelsea wouldn't have him as their fourth choice.

Chelsea had that bug eared gimp Eto'o as their 2nd/3rd choice last year.  I don't see much wrong with Lambert as our backup.

He has the same problem as Lucas that he is too slow and his positioning isn't great.

His strength and power makes up for his lack of pace in my opinion, it would stop the likes of Lukaku dropping deep and simply powering past Gerrard, Allen and Henderson. Lucas has neither pace nor strength.

Just seen this interaction on 4Chan's arsenal thread

"Something about this is really fishy. I have a feeling Wenger has had an eye on Danny a lot longer then we realise (similarly to Chambers), but as long as Sir Alex was around there was no fucking way this deal would ever go through. As soon as Falcao to United came up, Wenger saw his chance and pounced, just like he did with the Bale-Ozil situation last year"

"I have a strong suspicion that this is the case too. If Wenger were in panic-signing mode there are loads of others he would've gone for before Welbeck became available. At £16mil he's too pricey to be a kneejerk buy for Wenger."