You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last TV Show you watched

Guest Numero Veinticinco

7 minutes ago, Total Longo said:

Co-incidentally been watching some Considine stuff on youtube recently, forgot how brilliant he was in A Room for Romeo Brass, equal parts scary and hilarious. 

The bit at 0.45 in this clip never ceases to make me laugh

Completely forgot about that film. Not seen it for years! 

Haha fuck me its Milky and Lol from This is England as well never got onto that before. 

1 hour ago, Bjornebye said:

Completely forgot about that film. Not seen it for years! 

Haha fuck me its Milky and Lol from This is England as well never got onto that before. 

You could give Shane Meadows five blokes from the pub with no acting experience and a £50 budget and he'd still make something half decent.

3 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

Mentioned it a few days ago but Informer on Netflix with Paddy Considine. Finished it last night. If you like British Espionage stuff its well worth a watch. Considine as usual is superb in it. Bit flakey at bits but defo worth a go. 7.5/10

Yeah I watched that over Christmas, thought it was good. Considine always seems like a grenade about to go off whatever he's in.

The lad who played the informer was good too.

I quite fancied the female detective, she was quite quirky looking, seen her before but not sure where. 

13 minutes ago, johnsusername said:

Yeah I watched that over Christmas, thought it was good. Considine always seems like a grenade about to go off whatever he's in.

The lad who played the informer was good too.

I quite fancied the female detective, she was quite quirky looking, seen her before but not sure where. 

The bits where he's undercover with the right wing are unreal. The scene in the hostel with that old mate of his then the pub scene with the delivery lad are properly un-nerving. Yeah the main lad played his role well. 

Yeah know what you mean about her. The eyes I expect. 

MV5BOGVlNGJmMGItMDhhZS00NmZiLWE2ZDgtNGNi

2 hours ago, Total Longo said:

Co-incidentally been watching some Considine stuff on youtube recently, forgot how brilliant he was in A Room for Romeo Brass, equal parts scary and hilarious. 

The bit at 0.45 in this clip never ceases to make me laugh

Cracking little film that. "Why don't you just go nicely before things get really dark".

Think the fella he says that to - Romeo's Dad - is the suit who gives the National Front speech in that pub Combo takes the gang to in the original This Is England. 

14 hours ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

Life on Mars

Just finished it, side splittingly funny, why didn't I watch this before now?

Ashes to Ashes starts tomorrow.

9/10

Life on Mars is amazing. Series 1 is better than series 2 though.

Ashes to Ashes is shite. Poorly written, poorly acted and poorly directed. Its dross. No story etc and rushed out as a cash in and it shows. Philip Glenister slagged it off whilst he was still in it. Keeley Hawes dumped all over it 5 minute after it finished.

The ending is abysmal, does not fit with Life on mars, attempts to rewrite the entire story and makes a mess of it

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

Life on Mars

Just finished it, side splittingly funny, why didn't I watch this before now?

Ashes to Ashes starts tomorrow.

9/10

I only watched Life on Mars a few months ago and loved it, next watched Ashes to Ashes as it gets really poor reviews from everyone. 

I was thinking about waiting for your opinion but I don't hold out much hope.

7 minutes ago, redheart said:

Ashes to Ashes is shite. Poorly written, poorly acted and poorly directed. Its dross. No story etc and rushed out as a cash in and it shows. Philip Glenister slagged it off whilst he was still in it. Keeley Hawes dumped all over it 5 minute after it finished.

The ending is abysmal, does not fit with Life on mars, attempts to rewrite the entire story and makes a mess of it

2 hours ago, Dr Nowt said:

Cracking little film that. "Why don't you just go nicely before things get really dark".

Think the fella he says that to - Romeo's Dad - is the suit who gives the National Front speech in that pub Combo takes the gang to in the original This Is England. 

It is. It's Frank Harper.

Also, the only role in Frank Harper's career where i have genuinely cheered him like a hero (when he turns up at the end).  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, redheart said:

Apparently, the writers had planned to make three or four series of Life on Mars. However, during the filming of series 2, John Simm decided he didn’t want to do any more. Therefore, they didn’t have the opportunity to properly explain where the characters were, what was happening to them and who Gene hunt really was.

Anyway, whilst it isn’t as good as Life on Mars, I still enjoy Ashes to Ashes. Montserrat Lombard and Daniel Mays are really good in it. I couldn’t care less what Philip Glenister and Keeley Hawes think. Neither of them have gone on to do anything drastically better, in my opinion.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Tony Moanero said:

I recall reading somewhere that it isn’t going to be set in the seventies. Is that right?

No idea. I just remember seeing the actor that played Gene Hunts sidekick being interviewed on TV and he said they've all signed up including John Simm.

Hopefully they do a good job.

3 hours ago, Tony Moanero said:

Apparently, the writers had planned to make three or four series of Life on Mars. However, during the filming of series 2, John Simm decided he didn’t want to do any more. Therefore, they didn’t have the opportunity to properly explain where the characters were, what was happening to them and who Gene hunt really was.

Anyway, whilst it isn’t as good as Life on Mars, I still enjoy Ashes to Ashes. Montserrat Lombard and Daniel Mays are really good in it. I couldn’t care less what Philip Glenister and Keeley Hawes think. Neither of them have gone on to do anything drastically better, in my opinion.

They planned to do more series but the story was to be the same.

Sam is emotionally damaged, gets hit by a car, his emotional damage etc is played out in his coma world as a 1970s cop drama and takes him back to 1973 where the trauma occurred. Its all a fantasy. They are all constructs in Sam's coma world. None of it is real. None of them ever lived. All just a dream. The expressly state so in the DVD extras and all interviews. There is no mystery just a coma dream.

All the stuff in A2A about limbo and Gene Hunt as the ferryman etc was all bullshit they made up to keep it going and cash in. Why? How could Alex go inside someones dream? Why would anyone care about a dream. So they bolted on some bullshit story that does not fit and was piss poorly done. If you view LOM through A2A then LOM makes no sense.

A2A was so bad the BBC wanted to cancel after each of the first two series. They kept slashing the budget and stated that they would only get series 3 if they tagged more LOM in it (hence the fake Sam character).

The next series is supposed to be called Lazarus and is set in the 70s, 80s and an alternative now.

It will be shit. If you look at the track record of Matthew Graham as a show creator it is very ropey (Bonekickers and Eternal Law).  He got lucky with LOM and has milked it ever since

26 minutes ago, redheart said:

They planned to do more series but the story was to be the same.

Sam is emotionally damaged, gets hit by a car, his emotional damage etc is played out in his coma world as a 1970s cop drama and takes him back to 1973 where the trauma occurred. Its all a fantasy. They are all constructs in Sam's coma world. None of it is real. None of them ever lived. All just a dream. The expressly state so in the DVD extras and all interviews. There is no mystery just a coma dream.

All the stuff in A2A about limbo and Gene Hunt as the ferryman etc was all bullshit they made up to keep it going and cash in. Why? How could Alex go inside someones dream? Why would anyone care about a dream. So they bolted on some bullshit story that does not fit and was piss poorly done. If you view LOM through A2A then LOM makes no sense.

A2A was so bad the BBC wanted to cancel after each of the first two series. They kept slashing the budget and stated that they would only get series 3 if they tagged more LOM in it (hence the fake Sam character).

The next series is supposed to be called Lazarus and is set in the 70s, 80s and an alternative now.

It will be shit. If you look at the track record of Matthew Graham as a show creator it is very ropey (Bonekickers and Eternal Law).  He got lucky with LOM and has milked it ever since

I’ve not watched the DVD extras. I enjoy Ashes to Ashes, that is all that matters to me. I’ve not seen any of Matthew Graham’s stuff and doubt I ever will.

There was one on few weeks ago about this twat trying to find out about these flashing lights in the hills of Carolina, he was exactly like that other chap who hunts river monsters only on land. 

He set off, while being tracked by others, into the hills and when he was thought near enough to the thing there was a problem as per usual, anyway again as usual he found fuck all, he had to head back saying for now it'll have to remain a mystery. 

What a load of cack it was, like Alien Mysteries, fuck this lockdown, I'll be watching the Bold and the Beautiful next. 

10 hours ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Watching 'The Investigation' on bbc iplayer.

It's a Danish series,and I am quite enjoying it so far.

Just finished this series and it was superb. Great acting,excellent script,thought provoking  and far better than anything Hollywood churns out. Based on a true case also. Highly recommended for those who don't want action and explosions to compensate for a shite script.

8 hours ago, redheart said:

One thing I really liked about Life On Mars is the way it steadfastly refused to get drawn into faux-nostalgia, like some shitty "I ❤ the Seventies" show.

Ashes to Ashes failed in that  regard, so it was unwatchable.