You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last TV Show you watched

Guest Numero Veinticinco

10 hours ago, No2 said:

Full agreement on this, 1 season down and loving.

Jay is amazing but he looks like someone else and its doing my nut in.

10 hours ago, Elite said:

He's been in loads of things, maybe you aren't mistaken?

9 hours ago, No2 said:

I think I have it.

image.png

That’s the fella that was in City on a Hill. 

18 hours ago, RedKnight said:

WandaVision now showing that the MCU can expand anywhere it wants now. 

The first three episodes of pure sitcom were way too long but it's at least doing something now.

Yep. Massive swerve to the left for the entire MCU in E5 which has opened up so many possibilities. I’m all in on this now; it’s fantastic. 

8 hours ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

You have to ask who came up with that idea.

Some smug, woke prick so bereft of inspiration that he (let's face it, it's almost certain to be a man) would rather do gender-swapped, race-washed, box-ticking versions of established ideas than come up with his own. Never mind writing new stuff specifically for an overweight, middle-aged black woman, that's too hard. Plus he can get brownie points by virtue signalling on Twitter while the series fails because it's lost all the people who would normally be interested in it.

9 hours ago, Section_31 said:

V the final battle on now TV, fucking epic show.

The first mini-series was better.

The Final Battle whilst good (Michael Ironside improves everything) was rushed out less than a year after the first mini-series. So rushed that sometimes they forgot to put the wobbly voice thing on the aliens.

A couple of points about V.

The pretty lass (Faye Grant) who was the blonde, female doctor married a real wrong un who turned out to be a bit of a kiddy fiddler type (Stephen Collins). The latter was the young, new captain in Star Trek the motion picture who merged with a robot lifeform.

If I get turned on by Diana does this mean that I am into beastiality?

NSDXHDYrcGo8eU-HJsOyJvGnMWzP4SFz4Xi17r03

• Upvote 1

Don't you love it when you stumble onto a show that you have never heard of at all and you watch it and it's brilliant?

Check out "Wayne" on Amazon Prime.

Wayne is a nice school kid who hates bullies and dishes out his own retribution when he sees it happening, his mum takes off, stealing his stepdads prized Trans Am, when his stepdad dies he goes on a road trip to Florid with his friend on a little motorbike to track down the car.

It's billed as if Dirty Harry was a kid who dishes out violence to any bad guy or bullies who cross his path. Seen it also likened to Kick Ass/John Wick meets Deadpool.

Its ace, only 30 minute episodes so quick to watch, recommended.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, manwiththestick said:

Don't you love it when you stumble onto a show that you have never heard of at all and you watch it and it's brilliant?

Check out "Wayne" on Amazon Prime.

Wayne is a nice school kid who hates bullies and dishes out his own retribution when he sees it happening, his mum takes off, stealing his stepdads prized Trans Am, when his stepdad dies he goes on a road trip to Florid with his friend on a little motorbike to track down the car.

It's billed as if Dirty Harry was a kid who dishes out violence to any bad guy or bullies who cross his path. Seen it also likened to Kick Ass/John Wick meets Deadpool.

Its ace, only 30 minute episodes so quick to watch, recommended.

Suitable for a 11 year old? Need something to watch with my daughter now we've watched Cobra Kai. 

1 minute ago, Elite said:

Suitable for a 11 year old? Need something to watch with my daughter now we've watched Cobra Kai. 

No, not suitable for young kids, I have a 11yo son who loved Cobra Kai but I wouldn't have him watch this as it's pretty violent and lots of swearing etc.

It reminds me a bit of 'The end of the fucking world',  same kind of vibe. Check out the reviews on IMDB.

18 minutes ago, johnsusername said:

Lovecraft Country - 7.5/10.

Finally finished this. Pretty good, I enjoyed it. Quite wacky, a lot of it didn't really make sense but was enjoyable nonetheless. Quirky horror, I'd guess you'd call it. Also had some good eye candy. 

image.png

Jamie Chung. I've loved her since Hangover II

Watched Ramy last night on all 4. Comedy drama about a first generation Egyptian immigrant in New Jersey. Full of self-deprecating jokes about the expectations of the older, more traditional members of the Muslim community. Mo even gets a name check in the second episode. Enjoying it sor far. 8/10.

So last night we watched the finale of Americans. And it came highly recommended on here. So thanks all for a great recommendation BUT...

I think the third, fourth and fifth season were a little bit humdrum. A few times we were close to knocking it on the head. I don't think it's a spoiler to say there was wayyyyyy too much shagging in it. I mean grief, do we really need to see them going at it almost every episode? I'm truly not interested in watching people pretend to fuck UNLESS there's some relevance; invariably there was none. 

The sixth season though, wow. Where did that come from? Extraordinarily good. At last they got it right. Brilliant all the way through. Unfortunately, that doesn't make up for the preceding two or three poor seasons.

Mr rb14 is going to give it a 6/10. I'll give it a 7.5/10. 

On 07/02/2021 at 15:37, Carvalho Diablo said:

Loving Zerozerozero, 5 episodes down, 3 to go.

Excellent stuff so far.

About to start episode 7, just watched 6. It's great. 

EDIT: Fuck sake we've just realised we watched episode 7 before 6 by accident. Thankfully it doesn't matter because they are in different countries so not linked. On the last one now.