You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Carl Froch Vs George Groves II

DanDanShaw

Sky are going full on hype-bowl for this one, I've heard people call it the biggest British fight of all time - do me a favour haha.  I'm excited to see it, but it's not even half as big or meaningful as Sky are trying to portray.  The winner of this fight, will only be the 2nd best in the division (at best).

That being said, I hope Groves retires the International Sack-of-shit Froch.

How is the WBA and IBF super middleweight champion a sack of shit ? 

Groves needs to win on points and will need to avoid a Froch onslaught on at least one or two occasions. This I simply cannot see based on how Froch fights.

1/6 is a shocking price for anybody in a two horse with the possibility of judges determining the eventual outcome.

Still fancy Froch heavily though.

Who's 1-6 ?? the betting''s about 8-13 Frocj, 13-10 Groves

Sky are going full on hype-bowl for this one, I've heard people call it the biggest British fight of all time - do me a favour haha.  I'm excited to see it, but it's not even half as big or meaningful as Sky are trying to portray.  The winner of this fight, will only be the 2nd best in the division (at best).

That being said, I hope Groves retires the International Sack-of-shit Froch.

I think your dislike of Froch is clouding your judgement here, the guy is world champion in two divisions with multiple defences that hardly makes him a sack of shit. It is a big fight, how many can you recall that have sold 80,000 tickets. 

I think your dislike of Froch is clouding your judgement here, the guy is world champion in two divisions with multiple defences that hardly makes him a sack of shit. It is a big fight, how many can you recall that have sold 80,000 tickets.

What 2 divisions are they?

And his wba belt is as fake as a tan on Towie. Andre Ward is the legit champion. The one Froch has is the "silver title". Whatever the fuck thats supposed to mean.

The odds for this fight do look out for me. They are closer than people think however I still fancy Froch to be marginally better than last time. He will be more alert from the off and Groves will be lucky to go the distance. Froch will be pumped up to fuck and in the best shape of his career, he has been talking about breaking records and as I have said before, his legacy will be determined by this fight.

Groves is a very good boxer and I underestimated him as many did last time but without that first round knockdown, that last fight would not have been so one-sided. He cant go the distance and if he gets sucked into a fight (which Froch will be trying) then Groves really could get damaged. I think Groves is the better boxer , just but Froch is far and away the better fighter so for me that swings it in Froch’s favour. He let his ego rule his head last time but he will be a lot more careful now.

What I have noticed is that Groves is quite smart. He talks very wise and is clearly articulate. For his age and profile you wouldn’t expect him to be clever but he is and if anything works in his favour it will be that he will listen to his trainer and have it mapped out in his mind how to win. If it did come down to who has prepared better tactically then I would have Paddy Fitzpatrick over McCracken anyday of the week. Froch gets into silly situations and can have a rush of blood which leaves him open. Groves will be on point and the only way he will deviate from his plan is if he takes a few big blows that rattle him. We will know after 3 rounds exactly who is winning this fight.

Cant fucking wait for it  

Great post that Stig.  Personally I think Groves will win but will have to keep his head and use his superior skills to see out the fight as Froch looks really ready for this and could well overpower him. 

What 2 divisions are they?

And his wba belt is as fake as a tan on Towie. Andre Ward is the legit champion. The one Froch has is the "silver title". Whatever the fuck thats supposed to mean.

Andre Ward is arguably the best fighter on the planet. Silver to Usain Bolt ain't bad!

How is the WBA and IBF super middleweight champion a sack of shit ? 

His WBA belt is about as legit as Kim and Kanye's wedding.  He's lost (unofficially) every time he's fought a boxer.  His entire career has been built on a bogus "I'll fight anybody anywhere attitude" - he entered the Super 6 because he didn't make any money fighting under Fat Mick.  He knew exactly who and where he would be fighting.  Super 6 was his only chance to make any money.

He's so fraudulent, and Sky have fully hyped the shit out of him to the casuals.

People will go to watch anything that's hyped nowadays, it's a piss up at Wembley watching boxing - who wouldn't want to go, if Sky hype the rematch enough I bet Groves / Degale could fill a stadium.  It's not nearly as big as people are making out, this won't even make either guy #1 in the division.  Froch wouldn't even beat Degale.

I don't try to hide my hatred or bias against Carl Froch - and it does cloud my judgement, but a lot of people agree.

• Downvote 3

He's lost (unofficially) every time he's fought a boxer.  

Bollocks!

But who ever comes second to him doesn't claim to be the Olympic champion does he? ;-)

It's not like Froch is saying he is the best fighter in the world. He's a very very good boxer, but he's not Andre Ward. Not giving Froch credit just makes you look fucking stupid.

Bollocks!

It's not like Froch is saying he is the best fighter in the world. He's a very very good boxer, but he's not Andre Ward. Not giving Froch credit just makes you look fucking stupid.

I never said I wasn't giving him credit. But these "silver belt" holders that advertise it grate on me.

Froch has been an excellent champion, and fought some seriously though individuals. Not one did I slag his abilities off. But I don't did one minute but into this "double world champion" shite when the actual belt holder tore him a new asshole when they fought.

Same goes for Scott quigg. He's the wba champion yet Rigondeaux is the real champion.

Bollocks!

Taylor - Respect for KO'ing in the 12th but lost every single round before that.

Dirrell - Lost

Kessler (prime) - Lost

Ward - Lost

Groves - Terrible stoppage

He's not a very good boxer, he's not even a good fighter - you could say he's a very very good fighter but boxer?  No chance.  No footwork, slow hand speed, terrible defence, horrible ring IQ.  He's managed to win 3 world titles by having a chin made from pure metal, an engine and above average power.

I never said I wasn't giving him credit. But these "silver belt" holders that advertise it grate on me.

Froch has been an excellent champion, and fought some seriously though individuals. Not one did I slag his abilities off. But I don't did one minute but into this "double world champion" shite when the actual belt holder tore him a new asshole when they fought.

Same goes for Scott quigg. He's the wba champion yet Rigondeaux is the real champion.

Nothing made me angrier than Povetkin making £7.5m to fight Wlad because the Russian lapped up this "Unification" match - when Povetkin has the Regular WBA belt.  It's purely a money spinner for the WBA.

I don't even mind there being 4 major belts in a weight class anymore, because if it was the old school - with all the promotional wars, somebody would just get a belt and never let it leave a certain stable.  But when you have 4 major belts, and then regular, gold and super world titles, it takes the piss.

Taylor - Respect for KO'ing in the 12th but lost every single round before that.

No he didn't. Once he got the knock down he was arguably ahead on the judges cards

Dirrell

Disagree

Kessler

He beat him in a rematch, no point denigrating him by saying Kessler was no longer in his prime. He's younger than Froch,

Ward - Lost

He certainly did

You think so, I think it was early, but I think Groves was gone.

He's not a very good boxer, he's not even a good fighter - you could say he's a very very good fighter but boxer?  No chance.  No footwork, slow hand speed, terrible defence, horrible ring IQ.  He's managed to win 3 world titles by having a chin made from pure metal, an engine and above average power.

Sorry?

Well whatever, boxer, fighter, tickling champion, he's very near the top of the game.

• Upvote 1

Dirrell - Lost

Kessler (prime) - Lost

Ward - Lost

He's not a very good boxer, he's not even a good fighter - you could say he's a very very good fighter but boxer? No chance. No footwork, slow hand speed, terrible defence, horrible ring IQ. He's managed to win 3 world titles by having a chin made from pure metal, an engine and above average power.

That's basically the same argument I've been having with my mates the last few weeks. They've all seemed to jump on Froch bandwagon the last few years, so haven't seen the Taylor, Dirrell and Ward fights. Totally agree with everything you've said mate.

I used to be a bit of a fan of his tbh but now the guys just a prick. Why does Groves (before fighting him) have to show him respect because he's been a world champion, Groves has always said he thinks he's capable of beating him. He shouldn't automatically have to show him respect just because Carl Froch says so. Respect is earned in the ring, if Froch won the fight fair and square the first time, I'm quite sure he would have earned Groves respect, as it goes he feels cheated.

Dirrell - Lost

Kessler (prime) - Lost

Ward - Lost

Dirrell lost that fight, you don't take a man's world title in his hometown by running away, holding non stop and complaining about non existent rabbit punches for 12 rounds, the man is a bitch. He bitched Abraham as well, pretending to be Ko'd to get Arthur disqualified. That was the kind of stuff you'd see watching a certain sport on a Saturday, not in a boxing ring. As for De Gale beating Froch, no chance whatsoever, Bika will fold De Gale in two when they fight, and Bika ain't all that.

• Upvote 1

http://boxing.about.com/b/2009/04/27/carl-froch-stops-jermain-taylor-in-12.htm

Scorecards had Taylor ahead on two cards and Froch ahead on one. In each case by a four round margin. That's hardly Froch losing every round is it? The commentators thought a knockdown was enough for Froch to have won.

In terms of respect from Groves, the reason he didn't offer any was because he wanted to get under Froch's skin and it worked. Groves has made a twat of himself trying to do the same thing this time though and Froch is clearly not arsed.

Should be a great fight, and everyone is interested.

Nothing made me angrier than Povetkin making £7.5m to fight Wlad because the Russian lapped up this "Unification" match - when Povetkin has the Regular WBA belt.  It's purely a money spinner for the WBA.

I don't even mind there being 4 major belts in a weight class anymore, because if it was the old school - with all the promotional wars, somebody would just get a belt and never let it leave a certain stable.  But when you have 4 major belts, and then regular, gold and super world titles, it takes the piss.

well i agree with this but that does not detract from the fact that i thought the Froch Groves fight was a cracker and i am looking forward to the second. I disagree with you about easily filling wembley, that's bollocks really, very few fights would. 

For me the real issue with boxing these days is the heavyweights. it's a fucking joke and i reserve my anger for frauds like Fury, what a disgrace that heavyweight boxing  has reached such a low that that bum is a top 10 contender never mind considered a world title contender. 

For me the real issue with boxing these days is the heavyweights. it's a fucking joke and i reserve my anger for frauds like Fury, what a disgrace that heavyweight boxing  has reached such a low that that bum is a top 10 contender never mind considered a world title contender. 

He was posting pictures of cake on Twitter the other day and saying "No wonder I am a fatty!". These big lumbering giants are shite. I hope Joshua and Wilder can really shake up the division.

He was posting pictures of cake on Twitter the other day and saying "No wonder I am a fatty!". These big lumbering giants are shite. I hope Joshua and Wilder can really shake up the division.

So do i but i am rapidly running out of any hope for it. Christ i think Big Frank and Iron Mike could come out of retirement and give it a good shot at the moment

Fury would of been a journeyman in the 90's, it's a disgrace that someone can walk into the ring with a physique like that and call themselves a contender. I'd of loved to have seen him versus Tyson, Holyfield or Lewis in the mid 90's, infact it would of been equally as enjoyable to see him get wrecked by Razor Ruddock, Buster Douglas or even Bruno for that matter... Tommy Morrison.....Old foreman.... i could go on.....Corrie Sanders would have him out on his feet.....Ray Mercer, David Tua....i'll stop now.

• Upvote 1