You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The XBMC thread - What it is, how it works etc...

Sugar Ape

Can't be arsed with builds.

There's probably no more than a dozen apps worth installing anyway imo, just install them manually and tinker with your skin yourself.

Easy and light.

Yeah, I agree. Builds are handy at first when you want to see everything but you'll never use most of the addons and you end up just taking longer to get to what you actually use.

I'm only suggesting it as he wants a preloaded Firestick.

Is there any paid sites that replicate what you'd get on a SKY TV package?

On Kodi? There's loads that do paid IPTV on there. Going off what I've read on Facebook, Stealth Streams seems to be a popular one. There's loads more but some are scammers so you'd need to look at it carefully before parting with your cash.

Can't be arsed with builds.

There's probably no more than a dozen apps worth installing anyway imo, just install them manually and tinker with your skin yourself.

Easy and light.

Sright that , only really need exodus , phoenix and njm soccer

On Kodi? There's loads that do paid IPTV on there. Going off what I've read on Facebook, Stealth Streams seems to be a popular one. There's loads more but some are scammers so you'd need to look at it carefully before parting with your cash.

Yes... That's kind of what I was asking - which ones?  I.e does anyone on here use one?  The one you linked above is probably a bit dear at £17 a month as I already have a paid sub to the sports.  Thanks for answering. 

Is an open box out of the question ? If not you should definitely look at that option

No it's not out of the question... Though I don't really understand it

Yes... That's kind of what I was asking - which ones?  I.e does anyone on here use one?  The one you linked above is probably a bit dear at £17 a month as I already have a paid sub to the sports.  Thanks for answering. 

No it's not out of the question... Though I don't really understand it

Itsjust a sat box , with normal sat cables with an added ethernet cable straight from your router . Add to that some sotware or a gift as its called to decode the sky signals and you get every channel that sky/bt offer for about £30 a year

Bought a minix android box few months ago, was gathering dust, couldn't be fucked with the unreliability, quality, loading times of Kodi streams. Just paid a fella 120 for 12 months, (70 for 6 months or 20 per month) No Kodi, just thru Android. It's fucking superb, proper HD quality streams from Thailand, US, Singapore, etc watched the games at the weekend, English comms, HD, not one buffer/glitch. Quick zapping of channels. Originally thought it was quite expensive, but after the weekend, worth every penny.

That's the only thing I don't like about Kodi is the changing of channels.

Might look into the minix when I've got the spare cash.

The minix is just an Android box that you can install Kodi on, it won't improve your Kodi experience, the Minix is quite expensive, but you can get similar 'clones' for less than half the price. Depends what you want to use the box for. If you're using it for IPTV, then I think the Mag boxes seem to be the best option by all accounts. You can pick one up for around £60. Then you need to find a provider. my sub works great on the Minix but it would have worked just as good on any Android box. I got it thinking Kodi would be ace. For me, it's too high maintenance and unreliable, not to mention the quality of the sport streams. Very frustrating.

Iv'e got a Minix Neo U1 had it for about six weeks

runs kodi fine no problem with the added bonus of Android

you can buy cheaper as already said above 

but when you got a problem with your cheap box

who do you go to for support

Minix have there own forum with plenty of help and support

they have even developed there own version of XBMC Minix

which works fine and exactly the same as kodi 

Hardly ever use mine these days. Will check it out for the occasional 3oclock footy game and if there's a particular new movie out I want to see but the navigation and buffering does my head in.

Having said that. I downloaded Kodi onto my Galaxy 7 and got a few add ons like Zem TV and Halow TV and it's superb. Erotik xx is boss too.

• Upvote 1

Guest Pistonbroke

Question on the Kodi add ons.

I can't find Exodus, Icefilms or Mashup. 

Is this because of Geoblocks being as I'm in Germany? Or are they hidden under a different add on?