You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The XBMC thread - What it is, how it works etc...

Sugar Ape

Cheers mate, will give the Live TV thing a blast.

How did you create the widgets ?

Live TV is just what I named it, I could call the section 'Yer ma' and still have it open up the TV guide by linking it in the set up menu. Do you know what I mean? I'm pretty shit at explaining.

Widgets were something I struggled with until I switched to the Mimic skin. On that skin it couldn't be simpler, anything saved in your favourites can be used to create a custom widget. For example I've favourited the 'In Theatres' section in Exodus and set it as a widget above the movie section on my home screen. Add your own background pics and it's better than any build. You can also create SuperFavourites folders and use them as widgets too which I've done with Music. Used the MP3 streams add on, saved loads of albums into a SuperFavourites folder and now all the album covers show in the widget above.

Done the same thing with sports channels. Added the best streams from various add ons into one folder and created a widget linked to it.

Got a firestick with the latest version of Kodi on it , NJM soccer is on there but won't work any ideas on how to update it would be much appreciated

Search NJM Soccer on Twitter. He's put a few guides up recently about updating the add-on. He's got a couple of versions now.

ZemTV has Sky Sports links that are probably a bit better than the MamaHD ones at least. HalowTV has PLP too but the quality isn't always great.

I'm at work with no Kodi so will be scratching around for other streams. Anybody know which sites are decent these days?

You could always put Kodi on a USB stick and just plug it in to a work pc.

my firestick is doing my head in.  every time i watch football on a live stream it buffers even on sportsdevil and premership pass the picture is constantly heavy pixleated.   its fine watching movies or tv shows but live streaming it just is not consistent my internet is running at 10mbs..  grrrrr!!

This latest Kodi war has filled my Facebook news feed full of eye aids. Gonna have to leave the group for a few days.

I find it a bit rich that some of these developer guys have a nark on because some other theiving bastard nicks all of their work, when all along, "their work" is designed to thieve tv coverage for theiving cunts like us !

that's the trouble with this sort of stuff.  Geeks have no sense of the social niceties.  For football, it's better to have a paid site like Sportsebooks than waste your life scrabbling around in the shite for the occasional nugget.  Especially when that nugget is glitchy and unreliable.  

It's more about dickheads trying to make money out of it.

From what I could make out, they're all raging at one bloke in particular that made an add on with all the sports streams in one place, even crediting the individual devs with it. It's essentially a SuperFavourites folder that anyone could set up. Who's making money there? People's personal details getting thrown about and everything. All out internet fight. It's ridiculous.