You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The XBMC thread - What it is, how it works etc...

Sugar Ape

is that actually what happens? I mean, I'm with BT, and I go into the hub settings and I put the device in the DMZ, so there's no controls on it?

With the Sportsmania, that seems a bit...dodgy? I mean, £50 for a year, and the app/site provider is taking people's money for a 'service' that's not exactly legal, to the point you wouldn't want to take him to court to recover your money. So, he's got carte blance to pull the plug on that service at any time, or offer a shit service that drops out a lot?

What's people's experience of using it? Does he also offer a catch-up service for games, like Football Replays? Is the stream always solid, even with HD? I've got BT Infinity, with an average speed of 20MB, is that enough for the HD?

is that actually what happens? I mean, I'm with BT, and I go into the hub settings and I put the device in the DMZ, so there's no controls on it?

With the Sportsmania, that seems a bit...dodgy? I mean, £50 for a year, and the app/site provider is taking people's money for a 'service' that's not exactly legal, to the point you wouldn't want to take him to court to recover your money. So, he's got carte blance to pull the plug on that service at any time, or offer a shit service that drops out a lot?

What's people's experience of using it? Does he also offer a catch-up service for games, like Football Replays? Is the stream always solid, even with HD? I've got BT Infinity, with an average speed of 20MB, is that enough for the HD?

I've used Sportsmania since last November. Done an initial trial of 1 month for around £13 to see what it was like. I then subscribed for a further 6 months for around £26 (in case something went tits up) and cancelled Sky Sports. Just came up for renewal again in may and done another 6 months. Had hardly any issue with our games in that time. They put direct links to games rather than watching via Sky/BT channels- I find these more reliable, albeit they tend to be streams from non UK broadcasters.

Games are put on demand later - I was at the Dortmund game at Anfield and was able to watch it on demand the following morning.

Defo recommend it, try it for a month before you jump right in. They have support group on Facebook, some people do have issues with speed/buffering.

My Kodi set up reset itself to the confluence skin yesterday. All the add ons are still there but all the menus, backgrounds, shortcuts, TV guide, etc, that I've sunk hours into are gone.

Genuinely sickening.

Ouch, feel for you there mate.

Do you run Kodi via a box or a lappy / PC ?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have done that mate and its still shit. My Pi might be past its best.

Is it a Pi 1? If so they run much faster off a USB stick. It could also just be that your SD card is shit/old/broken. Or indeed your USB stick if you're already using one.

As said earlier, a Pi 2 or 3 is better than a Firestick. Much better than a Pi 1 as well.