You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Mohamed Salah

WhiskeyJar

2 hours ago, Poor Scouser T said:

Klopp can have his say in this. OK sell my star and I have the money. Or im off.

Klopp has had his say.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11669/12954352/jurgen-klopp-liverpool-boss-says-mohamed-salah-is-committed-to-the-club-amid-interest-from-saudi-arabia

Screenshot_2023-09-04-22-38-50-79_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

11 minutes ago, Jose Jones said:

Neymar I think was a lot. €100 million or so?

It's not mental money though is it. I know he's not a spring chicken any more, but when you consider his world profile, it's probably not a great deal different to when juve signed Ronaldo. I realise Salah has a massive profile too, especially in the Muslim world, but outside of those two, I don't see a great deal of transfer fee money getting thrown about. They're mostly targeting what they have to spend on the footballers themselves. 

10 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

You would hope. But it's a bit like if someone knocks on your door and says I want to buy it, I'll offer you 50k over market value. And you say the house isn't up for sale because you don't want to move and the family is settled. If they come back next week and offer you 500k over value, those things will still be true. But at 500k, you probably put all that aside and take the money. 

And end up sleeping on a park bench because none of the houses near you are for sale, the wife and kids are insisting on a 5 star hotel room and you get mugged and lose half the cash. 

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, rubble-rouser said:

And end up sleeping on a park bench because none of the houses near you are for sale, the wife and kids are insisting on a 5 star hotel room and you get mugged and lose half the cash. 

Why would you be carrying half the cash around with you. There are these things called banks where you can put the money so that only the government rob it off you.

3 minutes ago, SlugTrail said:

Why would you be carrying half the cash around with you. There are these things called banks where you can put the money so that only the government rob it off you.

I was thinking why would the muggers only take half? What kind of muggers are there where he lives or lived before he became homeless?

6 hours ago, SlugTrail said:

He’s a barrister. They always have a spare £500k in the wallet for a night on the champers.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Pete said:

Sky sports seem desperate for us to sell. Odd that they never feel this way about the mancs.   

Just desperate for viewers now the windows closed and it's international week so most sane people have a week off from the football. 

• Upvote 1

I don't necessarily trust our owners will give Klopp the money to reinvest in the team.

That said much as I love Mo as a player. £200 Million + is to much to turn down for any player who is over 31. We will also be loosing him for 4 to 6 weeks next year for AFCON.

I'm happy with the strength of our forward line with or without Mo

Just remember what we did with the coutinho money. If we invest it correctly in January/Summer ( personally I think the defence ) we could be set up for another successful few seasons.

23 hours ago, Wezza said:

If one club needs to take a stance and push back then it might as well be us. 

Deal with them if Salah says he wants to go there but not until the Summer. I’d be happy to hang on to him until the end of his contract unless he wanted to go.