You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Conventional things you find strange.

Kevin D

Just looking for normal everyday behaviour that baffles you.

I was at a friend's house the other day and he has two cats, while I was there, he had to clean up after them, spoke about having to wash them, talking them to the vet and they just wouldn't stop groaning for more food. In theory, I sort of "get" why people have pets, but in practise I can't understand it at all. It's inconceivable I would ever have one.

People going online, reading things, but never posting is another. Social media is full of it. I don't get it, at all. If nothing else, it's irritating that you're always left with a false impression on any given subject, because mild-mannered people, which is usually the majority, won't speak up.

Over to you.

• Upvote 1

Praying.

I'm not being snide or deliberately controversial, just putting up a big one for me.

Talking about praying, and actually praying for things. It's literally ridiculous. There is no coherent joined-up thought that can explain how it would ever make sense. He is omnipresent and all-powerful. He knows your mum has cancer. He clearly doesn't care. And if begging him or making deals changes that then...jeez, how fucked up is that!?

Not looking for an argument. Just putting it out there as my pick. It's a hugely strange thing for intelligent people to do.

• Upvote 2

Drinking milk by the gallon. You know it came from a cows tit right? It's for baby cows not humans, sick fuck.

Getting circumcised for cosmetic reasons or because Abraham did it. 'Women prefer it, so much cleaner'. Who gives a fuck what women think, you fartskull. Some women think balls are ugly, why not cut them off too. And if you had it done because of Abraham, your parents deserve a punch in the cock/tits for being presumptuous that you'd love to have it done.

Drinking milk by the gallon. You know it came from a cows tit right? It's for baby cows not humans, sick fuck.

Getting circumcised for cosmetic reasons or because Abraham did it. 'Women prefer it, so much cleaner'. Who gives a fuck what women think, you fartskull. Some women think balls are ugly, why not cut them off too. And if you had it done because of Abraham, your parents deserve a punch in the cock/tits for being presumptuous that you'd love to have it done.

Correct on the milk, it's fucking weird.

We are the only animal that has warm drinks after being weaned. I find all warm drinks weird. I should be allowed to booze at work, if you are allowed to drink coffee and buzz I should be allowed to drink beer and chill.

Correct on the milk, it's fucking weird.

We are the only animal that has warm drinks after being weaned. I find all warm drinks weird. I should be allowed to booze at work, if you are allowed to drink coffee and buzz I should be allowed to drink beer and chill.

I think your 'warm drinks' thing is a bit weird but I absolutely agree with you about sanctioned drug taking at work, ie tea breaks and every course you ever attend beginning with tea/coffee (almost never anything else, apart from water if you're lucky) and then periodic top ups throughout the event until the 'plenary' session with the inevitable tea and coffee.

Could it be that they feel the need to keep dosing you with caffeine to keep you awake?

Going out clubbing. And I don't mean like the cavemen of yore.

It is so dark you can barely see your hand in front of your face. It is so loud your brain reverberates around your skull. It is so hot you will dehydrate whether you get up and dance or not. The drinks are so fucking expensive you need to take out a second mortgage or arrange with a payday lender in order to be able to afford them. If you're in a big city (especially London), the same applies to merely be able to enter the premises. The bar staff are usually dimwitted cunts who couldn't understand you even if the music was turned right down and the lights were turned on. The bouncers all act like they are lord of the manor on a roided-up power trip, seemingly oblivious to the fact they actually spend the majority of the night standing in a doorway half-exposed to the ravages of the usually freezing night outside. The only people who talk about enjoying stuff like this almost always mention that they had to get off their tits on drink and/or drugs in order to enjoy themselves. Meaning they would have absolutely hated it if they were in any way sober, or not high. And don't forget those people who just have to take 'wacky' photos on their camera phone of them and their mates 'larging it' and posting all over Twitter and Facebook.

It's like people are just forcing themselves to enjoy something that is totally fucking shit, and working extra hard to convince themselves that it is actually great.

Trying to wash a cat looks much more fun, and if the feline goes apeshit and scratches the fuck out of you leaving you with infected open wounds, they will probably still be less severe than some of the infections you can pick up in a club.

Maybe all the above needs to go in that 'getting older' thread instead.

Could it be that they feel the need to keep dosing you with caffeine to keep you awake?

I know I feel the need to keep dosing myself. I've stopped drinking and I don't take any other drugs except nicotine and caffeine these days. You can prise those from my cold, dead hands.

Music nowadays, i just can't mentally get my head around the fact that people buy utter shite like x factor cover songs from the knobhead that wins like their version of unchained melody or light my fire, whatever the fuck the great song they are karaoke-ing is even a 1 /1,000,000th as good as the original.

I can kind of get my head around Beiber because every generation had a stupid twat making millions off gullible teenagers, Osmond did it, Cassidy, even David Essex, who used to shit himself at the mere sight of a screaming hoard of women made millions from the teen idol market.

But cover songs by shit karaoke wannabes, this generation is like a perpetual repeat of Robson and Jerome singing "what becomes of the broken hearted" on loop 24 hours a day. *I want to get off the ride now mummy, i'm feeling sick*.

The problem is i've never met anyone who buys this shit, so who are these fucking day-walkers that take so much pleasure in our collective demise? 50 shades of grey, twilight movies and one direction singing "one way or another" terribly. What is it about these little mongs that makes grown women moist at the thought of their shitty toni & guy hair flopping around as they lick them out?

Most males and vasectomy's, because it's very rare to meet a man that has actually decided to do it himself, usually it's the other half that has convinced the man it's the right thing to do. It reminds me of dogs and neutering, for all intents and purposes it's the same thing, i just find the whole thing odd that it's even allowed.