You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Foodie thread

Champ

2 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

He hasn't decided what to watch yet his remotes are by his feet.......... He's actually staged this. 

Bizarre. He’s just sat there. Watching the onscreen menu. I can’t start eating until the show is actually playing. I mean, what are you going to do, stop eating so you can fuck around with your remote? 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

Bizarre. He’s just sat there. Watching the onscreen menu. I can’t start eating until the show is actually playing. I mean, what are you going to do, stop eating so you can fuck around with your remote? 

She winds me up by leaving it on the couch then at a moment it needs changing we can't find it I leave it on the coffee table in-front of us. Mind you I don't sit there in a Pink panther onesie taking pictures of of a french fancy curry infused tea. And my feet are in adult sizes. 

6 minutes ago, Captain Willard said:

Mrs Willard lies on the sofa with the remote underneath a cushion then denies it and refuses to move until we’ve searched everywhere else. Drives me mad. 

So you’ve cooked her, added hot sauce and peas, and placed her in a bucket?

The Foodie Thread sure has taken a turn this evening.

Did my second curry night on Thursday, Lamb Kahari. Hot, hot, hot! It was ok and I finished mine, missus wimped out half way through.

Could have have just eat poppadoms with mango chutney and tomato and onion dip.

Don't really see the point in food so hot you can't taste the lamb. Apparently it scores a 7 on the hot list. Friends who cooked it said it was the best Kahari they had done.

Don't think Indian cuisine/curries are for me.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, YorkshireRed said:

Chicken Dinner on a tray in time for the women’s unmentionable.

27A230ED-53EB-4A63-9924-6A60B7F54040.jpeg

I don’t know. Honestly I have no idea if this looks good or not. 

8 minutes ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

IMG_20220731_185308.jpg

Hahahahaha 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, YorkshireRed said:

Chicken Dinner on a tray in time for the women’s unmentionable.

27A230ED-53EB-4A63-9924-6A60B7F54040.jpeg

That Corn on the Cob is annoying me. It’s properly deformed and looks like the teeth of a meth head from Alabama.

Your chicken is undercooked and so is the one and a half Roastie. 

Did you only have a thimble of gravy available?

That is an abysmal roast dinner and even the attempt to hypnotise us with that plate can’t sway my opinion.

• Upvote 3

Just a quick one:

Boil some small new potatoes

Slice the top off a garlic globe, sprinkle olive oil and season, wrap loosely in foil and bake for 40 mins

Squeeze the garlic goo out into a dish and add oil

Crush the boiled spuds just slightly so that they're split open

Brush the garlic & oil mix onto the spuds and roast until they go crispy.

Serve as a side with whatever. 

Fuck-ing-awe-some. 

3 minutes ago, Redder Lurtz said:

Just a quick one:

Boil some small new potatoes

Slice the top off a garlic globe, sprinkle olive oil and season, wrap loosely in foil and bake for 40 mins

Squeeze the garlic goo out into a dish and add oil

Crush the boiled spuds just slightly so that they're split open

Brush the garlic & oil mix onto the spuds and roast until they go crispy.

Serve as a side with whatever. 

Fuck-ing-awe-some. 

Peas and Chocolate Ice Cream knowing CD 

6 minutes ago, Captain Willard said:

Well it looks tasty but I’m struggling with the stripey plate on a dotty tray 

There were some quality and presentation compromises with this effort, in order to ensure I was sat ready to support the Lionesses in their version of the unmentionable.

As usual history will conveniently forget my vital contribution to their success. It’s something I’ve grown used to over the years.