You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Foodie thread

Champ

6 hours ago, YorkshireRed said:

My eldest turns 18 today. Out for a birthday dessert before he fucks me off for more interesting and better looking people.

Mine’s the one with a banana involved. 

E6DF2E27-D617-4B81-8F03-947695C22A05.jpeg

Looks like something Liberace would eat in the bath.

• Upvote 7

8 hours ago, YorkshireRed said:

My eldest turns 18 today. Out for a birthday dessert before he fucks me off for more interesting and better looking people.

Mine’s the one with a banana involved. 

E6DF2E27-D617-4B81-8F03-947695C22A05.jpeg

26FC097B-CA5B-42E6-A8E4-A4A92725C97D.jpeg

Well played Yorky, he must have been dead chuffed you sprinkled a couple’a gramms on it for him to get the party started.

• Upvote 2

Tonight I had this as a starter (!) in a backstreet restaurant in Porto. It’s thinly sliced duck, some sort of pickled beef, buratta cheese in the middle, rocket and very unexpectedly  the little round red balls are scoops of strawberry sorbet. It was very tasty but for some unknown reason it is called a Tim Burton. 

Maybe there’s a thread about food named after famous people. Limiting it to Gothic inspired art film directors may be a bit too niche. 

86E30E9C-EC9E-4AC9-978D-9524FF4CB004.jpeg

• Upvote 4

10 minutes ago, Captain Willard said:

Tonight I had this as a starter (!) in a backstreet restaurant in Porto. It’s thinly sliced duck, some sort of pickled beef, buratta cheese in the middle, rocket and very unexpectedly  the little round red balls are scoops of strawberry sorbet. It was very tasty but for some unknown reason it is called a Tim Burton. 

Maybe there’s a thread about food named after famous people. Limiting it to Gothic inspired art film directors may be a bit too niche. 

86E30E9C-EC9E-4AC9-978D-9524FF4CB004.jpeg

Looks amazing that did the sorbet work? Weirdos. I’d shag the rest. 

1 minute ago, Bjornebye said:

Looks amazing that did the sorbet work? Weirdos. I’d shag the rest. 

Yes it was great. The sorbet worked very well. I washed it down with a lime soda then walked back sober over this fucking terrifying bridge to get back to my hotel. It’s alright until the metro train comes along and all the tourists have to cram to the side against the waist high barrier. Southern European health and safety. 

5355165F-FF73-4205-B44F-43C6C6DB376D.jpeg

1313EEA2-CD12-433D-A0DD-143150465C4D.jpeg

829F0D7E-5B55-4280-8559-4A0339117B8B.jpeg

• Upvote 1