You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Does Rodgers deserve another season.

thompsonsnose

Stoke away looks grim for us, but with Spurs needing to win at Woodision and Saints away to Man City we should still qualify for the El.

Can Brendan convince FSG that the Project is intact, that he can buy well in the summer, and that he is capable of taking us to at least the EL semis?

Although I have already mentioned that I think Brendan should be given one more chance to get it right, we now haven't got manager or the stars to help draw the top talents to Anfield. So unless FSG loosen their purse strings and offer these potential signings big money, we are really going to struggle to make any head way in the transfer market.

If that's the case then perhaps somebody like Klopp who would be able to attract players because of his reputation would be the way to go. But then again, sacking Rodgers would leave someone like Klopp 10-12 mill light on their transfer budget. Bloody hell, what a mess...Only Liverpool can fuck up like this.

That's the saddest thing about the general tone of conversation around this.

I'm not even sold on him being the right man. That's not enough for some though. Calling for a bit of balance and fairness in the discussion about whether he is the right man is apparently not desired.

Same as it wasn't when Rafa got the treatment.

I'll be honest, i've never really warmed to him, clearly, as i started this thread over 2 years ago. Last season it was still obvious (to many) that we were deficient in MF power and control, but we all just rolled over and enjoyed the ride, as it was obvious with Suarez and Sturridge firing at will that Brendans answer to any vulnerability was to just slam his foot down harder on the throttle.

This season, if there was some semblance of a plan, a method, dare i say it a philosophy, poking its head out, then i would belt up.

But he's struggling badly here, no two ways about it.

The annoying thing is, and this really wouldnt fix anything long term, just crack papering really, but had FSG stumped for a proper striker in Jan, we still could have made top 4. That's how shit this league has become.

So what does that say about FSGs view of LFC?

BR not getting a January budget doesn't mean he's going.

I expect more of the same next year unfortunately.

Brendan's par is 7th. Last season was down to Suarez and Sturridge with Stevie hitting a purple patch. But it was mainly Suarez that got us within reach of winning it. It really is that simple.

7th the season before, also with Suarez having a brilliant season.

I'll repeat what I said a few weeks ago, he's on very thin ice my pedigree chums...

Whichever way this works out, next season looks bleak. Brendan has to suddenly discover some goal scorers and European skill, a new manager will take one look at the squad and declare a three year project is required to get us back o track.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

I'll repeat what I said a few weeks ago, he's on very thin ice my pedigree chums...

And who'll be un'er it when it breaks?

Whichever way this works out, next season looks bleak. Brendan has to suddenly discover some goal scorers and European skill, a new manager will take one look at the squad and declare a three year project is required to get us back o track.

We're back to year zero anyway, Brendan or not.

We're pretty much in the same place we were summer 2012 only no Gerrard or Suarez to build a team around.

We've got no set gameplan and no identity as a team so whatever 3 year gameplan was put in place has simply not happened.

The amount of tones really shit teams stick three past a Rodgers side is laughable. Ged and Rafa two quality managers had many losses to shit sides but we'd usually be the better team. Rodgers has been outclassed, outfought by the might of Hull, Crystal Palace, Oldham, Villa and many more.

He's simply not a good manager and leaving two strikers up top, forgoing any defensive side of the game and hoping to out score the opposition every week, like he did last season was sheer nativity. Mourinho wasn't long putting him back in his box

• Upvote 1

Aye, could be the case if we change managers. We might strike lucky like Southampton did with Koeman, get lucky with his new signings and hit the ground running. I think that's the best we could probably hope for.

Partially true - Sturridge wasn't around.

For half a season he was.

I think it's too simplistic to say that Suarez was the only reason for last season when he was brilliant the year before yet the team struggled.

There are loads of factors, some within BR's control and others not.

He's had a really bad few weeks and would be lucky to keep his job in my opinion (I think he will).

I like Henderson and I think he can be part of a good team but his relentless pulling out of tackles pisses me right off for a (supposed) future captain and team leader. He is too much of a coward to be our leader. I just can't abide all the acting hard staring people down one minute and then shitting out of tackles he could easily win if he didn't pull out, it's about 3 times a game he does it.

I dont get this 'pulling out of tackles' stuff,I just dont see it. Do people want him to miss ten games a season through suspension and weaken an already piss poor midfield? Tackling is barely allowed as it is in the modern game.

If you are saying Henderson is not good enough to be captain or is not a leader then fair enough but those barnstorming tackles do nothing but get players booked or sent off nowadays.

He didn't win the league. Or anything else. In fact, he's never won anything. But he's apparently above taking the Europa League seriously. You've really got to respect a manager who picks and chooses what he tries (but still fails) to win...

He was above taking the champions league seriously as well given the team he put out against Madrid.

• Upvote 1

I dont get this 'pulling out of tackles' stuff,I just dont see it. Do people want him to miss ten games a season through suspension and weaken an already piss poor midfield? Tackling is barely allowed as it is in the modern game.

If you are saying Henderson is not good enough to be captain or is not a leader then fair enough but those barnstorming tackles do nothing but get players booked or sent off nowadays.

Look at him shitting out of headers though, plenty of evidence for that.

We're back to year zero anyway, Brendan or not.

We're pretty much in the same place we were summer 2012 only no Gerrard or Suarez to build a team around.

We've got no set gameplan and no identity as a team so whatever 3 year gameplan was put in place has simply not happened.

That's really the point. Those arguing against a new manager on the basis of the club having to renew itself again unfortunately we're faced with that situation due to departures and poor transfers anyway. 

Rodger's has spent a great deal of time trying to give the impression that we're on some sort of roadmap he's set out. It's clearly nonsense, I just don't see progress from here with him in charge. 

• Upvote 1

Look at him shitting out of headers though, plenty of evidence for that.

I'll be really concerned if he becomes our captain. Really concerned. Lucas is probably the best bet and I'm not entirely convinced he is club captain material.

Rodger's has spent a great deal of time trying to give the impression that we're on some sort of roadmap he's set out. It's clearly nonsense, I just don't see progress from here with him in charge.

lost-without-a-map-470x340.jpg

I bet thats what every sign looks like on Brendan's roadmap. The Israel/Palestine roadmap to peace is more clearcut than anything Rodgers has in his dossier.