You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Another excellent performance and richly deserved three points. Unlike the Swansea game, nobody can claim that Wigan's focus was elsewhere - we just thoroughly outclassed them.

Suarez, as in the last few matches, was absolutely sublime. He just never stops working and, but for a few unfortunate offside calls, he could have bagged even more - we are really lucky to have him. It was great to see ESPN having to grudgingly acknowledge his brilliance and I hope that he did snub their post-match interview request as retribution for previous snide remarks!

I am really impressed by Coutinho's contribution so far. A goal and two assists from two starts is a fantastic return from such a young player. He will need time to fully acclimatise to the demands of playing in England but Swansea and Wigan have given him an excellent springboard. His skill, pace, and slick passing are great to see but I have been equally as impressed by his work rate and tenacity; not afraid to get stuck in this kid. He looks like he is going to be a terrific signing as he is always trying to make a positive impact on the game.

I am starting to see real signs for encouragement in this team. At the beginning of the season I was extremely disappointed by our closing down but this is one aspect of our play that has come on in leaps and bounds. In many respects it is the most important element as it gives you the platform to actually play your own game. Our lack of depth will surely be addressed this Summer and the addition of an aggressive centre back, competition / cover for Lucas, and another pacey forward to augment our attack would really push us on to the next level.

Final word goes to Pepe. His form has been steadily improving over the past few months culminating in a really accomplished performance today. It looks as though he has dropped a few pounds and that has possibly made him a bit more agile. I sense that nobody has been more disappointed by his form than him and he is now reaping the just rewards of his efforts to get back to his best. Long may it continue as he has been a brilliant servant to the club.

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another excellent performance and richly deserved three points. Unlike the Swansea game, nobody can claim that Wigan's focus was elsewhere - we just thoroughly outclassed them.

Suarez, as in the last few matches, was absolutely sublime. He just never stops working and, but for a few unfortunate offside calls, he could have bagged even more - we are really lucky to have him. It was great to see ESPN having to grudgingly acknowledge his brilliance and I hope that he did snub their post-match interview request as retribution for previous snide remarks!

I am really impressed by Coutinho's contribution so far. A goal and two assists from two starts is a fantastic return from such a young player. He will need time to fully acclimatise to the demands of playing in England but Swansea and Wigan have given him an excellent springboard. His skill, pace, and slick passing are great to see but I have been equally as impressed by his work rate and tenacity; not afraid to get stuck in this kid. He looks like he is going to be a terrific signing as he is always trying to make a positive impact on the game.

I am starting to see real signs for encouragement in this team. At the beginning of the season I was extremely disappointed by our closing down but this is one aspect of our play that has come on in leaps and bounds. In many respects it is the most important element as it gives you the platform to actually play your own game. Our lack of depth will surely be addressed this Summer and the addition of an aggressive centre back, competition / cover for Lucas, and another pacey forward to augment our attack would really push us on to the next level.

Final word goes to Pepe. His form has been steadily improving over the past few months culminating in a really accomplished performance today. It looks as though he has dropped a few pounds and that has possibly made him a bit more agile. I sense that nobody has been more disappointed by his form than him and he is now reaping the just rewards of his efforts to get back to his best. Long may it continue as he has been a brilliant servant to the club.

Fucks sake, you've sorted it all out brother. Good positive post. Good times ahead hopefully.

Good post. How come you've been absent for so long?

Fresh air compared to code and his ilk. The cunt.

His name is Luis Suarez and he wears the famous red, i just cant get enough., i just cant get enough!!.... suck on my cheese ridden cock!!

Im very pissed, but i woncer why this thread hasn'y gone past 250,posts? , fuck you snidey bastards...

If people cant see progress and GENUINE hope for next season then bollocks to you.

Seriously if we get the signings right right this time ( surely were due?) we will push right on nex season....

Tell you what how about going with it and giving the very young promising bloke in charge more than 7 months to see what he can do with is own team eh ?, yeah he was a gamble but how about getting off his fucking back and giving him a chance? wank holes!! god i hope a lot of the pricks on here are scurrying back under their rocks next season.

Excellent all round performance. Luis must be top goalscorer in the league now?? Coutinho is looking very good too. Great to see players forget their fear of the box. Reina was solid for once, and overall, a pleasing performance. I'd like to see this type of performance against a top ten side, so we can confirm that we're not being flattered by shite.

Excellent all round performance. Luis must be top goalscorer in the league now?? Coutinho is looking very good too. Great to see players forget their fear of the box. Reina was solid for once, and overall, a pleasing performance. I'd like to see this type of performance against a top ten side, so we can confirm that we're not being flattered by shite.

Thing is though who gives a flying fuck who is it against, yeah of course we'd love to dick the top teams 3 or 4 but weve made the dregs of the PL look good and struggled against them for to long, were finally putting away the shite with ease 3,4 and 5-0 as we should do, we haven't done that for a long time, long may it continue.

Big thumbs up to Pepe today.

Loved today. Very good performance. Id force Suarez to stay for another year regardless of what he wants, time to make a contract stand he will offer us more than any amount of money wed get fir him in the summer Christ next year hed probably be worth a hell of a lot more. Consistency is the key fir this side, well probably get twatted by spurs and it will be doom and gloom again, long way to go but the seeds that have been sown look promising.

I was more than a little wary of buying Coutinho but he's shown enough already to make me eat my words! Really clever little player.

Great performance yesterday. Fingers crossed Sturridge will be fully recovered for Spurs. Still not convinced he was fully fit against Swansea.

Pretty good performance at a bogey ground. The first goal really is crucial for us isn't it. What I think I've really learned in the last few weeks is hat Rodgers is willing to be more flexible about formation and strategy than he'd shown in the first half of the season. With Coutinho, Sturridge and Suarez in the side we should always be a goal threat. Good to see a much improved performance from Allen, although I'm not spur how we accommodate him, Henderson, suso and Shelvey next year.

The defence was a worry again because a poor side created a few decent chances especially from aerial crosses again which is why Reina's contribution was so crucial.

Excellent result and it's about time we've started going on the pitch against the shite teams in this league and giving them a pasting and shut the negative cunts up for a day or two

Also, tomorrow morning should be very entertaining seeing as I work with three Wigan gobshites who love to knock us down and tell me how they're a far better side than us...you couldn't make it up.

As the cumulative effect of far too many drinks and a sumptuous curry ebb, the warm glow of a great away yesterday pleasingly persists. I have noted on numerous occasions the chasm between the perspective of armchair snipers and our away going support, once again the travelling Red Army did us proud. I love late afternoon televised kick offs. Plenty of time in the pub beforehand ,and an opportunity for the atmosphere to build as expectations swell to impossible proportions as the beer takes hold.

Suarez was imperious, strutting his stuff peacock like, seemingly scoring at will and established a promising understanding with Coutinho who played very well indeed. Rodgers has not been given enough credit for the way that he had handled Downing. His thinly veiled threat to show him the January window door has resulted not in an ignominious defenestration, but instead a series of vital, assured contributions. His early goal a sign of his determination and application from the off. A clean sheet was welcome too with Reina confident and concentrated, his save from Boyce was a gem.

Although Wigan at home have been weak in the league this year, so were Oldham, and it was reassuring to see the cold professionalism of yesteryear back on display. Allen was out to make an impression and let nobody down.

Rodgers will have good days and bad days, yesterday was emphatically one of the latter, and to score four away from home without Sturridge, and to embarrass his erstwhile rival for the Anfield hot seat Martinez in such emphatic style must have given him a sensation almost as sweet as my chicken dhansak.

As the cumulative effect of far too many drinks and a sumptuous curry ebb, the warm glow of a great away yesterday pleasingly persists. I have noted on numerous occasions the chasm between the perspective of armchair snipers and our away going support, once again the travelling Red Army did us proud. I love late afternoon televised kick offs. Plenty of time in the pub beforehand ,and an opportunity for the atmosphere to build as expectations swell to impossible proportions as the beer takes hold.

Suarez was imperious, strutting his stuff peacock like, seemingly scoring at will and established a promising understanding with Coutinho who played very well indeed. Rodgers has not been given enough credit for the way that he had handled Downing. His thinly veiled threat to show him the January window door has resulted not in an ignominious defenestration, but instead a series of vital, assured contributions. His early goal a sign of his determination and application from the off. A clean sheet was welcome too with Reina confident and concentrated, his save from Boyce was a gem.

Although Wigan at home have been weak in the league this year, so were Oldham, and it was reassuring to see the cold professionalism of yesteryear back on display. Allen was out to make an impression and let nobody down.

Rodgers will have good days and bad days, yesterday was emphatically one of the latter, and to score four away from home without Sturridge, and to embarrass his erstwhile rival for the Anfield hot seat Martinez in such emphatic style must have given him a sensation almost as sweet as my chicken dhansak.

ibyJTStpchsfxg.gif