You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Philippe Coutinho

Megadrive Man

We'll see but for me it is hopeless - we just won't keep him.

I'd love to be wrong and see us build a title winning team around him as losing him sets us back big time...but like Suarez he just isn't gonna stay is he...

Not if Barcelona put in a serious bid. Up to now they've been a bunch of jokers.

I’m hearing that the club aren’t impressed by the Nike ‘mistake’. Waiting on a call for more information. Will post soon as I get it.

Nike should be made to sign a 10 year kit deal with us for £500m a season build us a New Kop and Anny Rd end and give Dave free trainers for life, by way of compensating us for all the hurt they’ve caused.

Then we should still tell Barca to get fucked.

Who is Alfredo Martínez and why should we care what he tweets?

http://www.ondacero.es/programas/radioestadio/equipo/alfredomartinez/

Responsable de Onda Cero de la información del Barcelona, narrador de los partidos del conjunto azulgrana y de la Selección Española, y comentarista de Al Primer Toque.

Responsible for Onda Cero of the information of Barcelona, ​​narrator of the parties of the Catalan team and the Spanish National Team, and commentator of Al Primer Toque.

Nike should be made to sign a 10 year kit deal with us for £500m a season build us a New Kop and Anny Rd end and give Dave free trainers for life, by way of compensating us for all the hurt they’ve caused.

Then we should still tell Barca to get fucked.

No template shite, no stupid colours and patterns, max £10 for a kids shirt and max £20 for an adult one, all LFC merchandising controlled by LFC, all profits retained by LFC. Oh, and tell Barca to get fucked of course.

Funny as fuck if yank pigheadness makes them refuse to sell to Barca now cause of their antics and no one else comes in for him,   I'd say it's not all that out there, we've seen their contempt for Arsenal, refusing to honour a release clause and Firmino's contract.

Today was a great win against Burnley but large parts of the game showed us what we were missing with the genius Coutinho can bring in that final third.

I hope he’s not going in January as the timing just doesn’t make any sense. Cup tied for CL and Barcelona seemingly strolling to the league title.

We need top creativity coming this way in January or else we are leaving ourselves short, so I can’t fathom why we would do the deal.

I hope he’s not going in January as the timing just doesn’t make any sense. Cup tied for CL and Barcelona seemingly strolling to the league title seemingly.

I keep reading about this not making any sense, I beg to differ.  By getting him under a long term contract Barca/Nike get their man without the risk of a rival snapping him up.  

Guest Pistonbroke

Looks like it’s bad news. Marca saying done deal. £110m up front with £40m in variables and he’s going this month. Hope it’s mistranslated and he’s going in the summer. Mental sale now

Rested today or like VVD kept away from a possible transfer ending injury? 

I've always thought he'd be off this month, probably why we lashed out the money on VVD. 

Not that I agree with weakening your squad at this stage of the season. Barcelona don't need him as many have said, but fans love a marquee signing and he is one to them. 

Bit of a pisser if true, but it all had a bit of inevitability about it. 

Guest Pistonbroke

673e132e490b2e9b98bf69fd0794f852.jpg

That clearly says 'The offer from Barcelona for Coutinho' 

They may well have a new offer in the pipeline, but it clearly is just the Spanish press whipping up a story. They even put the fact he didn't play against Burnley in the smaller print to get Barcelona fans hoping. 

Hope we come out with some concrete news this week.