You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is utterly depressing. There is dickheads supporting every team. I watched the game in the local with a good few proper Mancs and each and every one came up to me saying that we were badly done by the ref and telling me to keep my chin up because we have class young players and a great future. Good people behaving like good people. Just like the vast majority would have behaved in the stadium yesterday.

Two wrongs don't make a right.

Sorry lad, thats just not true. Most of the cunts were singing at the end. They had a big allocation and it was nowhere near a minority chanting shite. Not that the media care, after all 2 Liverpool fans allegedly made plane gestures, they were obviously the problem, the poor mancs just had to respond to such provocation. No proof of this mind, not like video footage of thousands of manc cunts spewing their bile - just hearsay that it happened. Clearly its the same. Not forgetting this happened after the match - after they were heard chanting shite during the game itself. Poor old mancs. Bless them.

So fucking sick of this shite. We'll laugh at you because your team got killed in a plane crash 55 years ago so we'll laugh at you because a load of your fans died in a crush at a game 23 years ago. It's boring, depressing, pathetic and people usi g it to take the moral high ground need to get a life. Surely one of these bell ends has had a family member killed at some point yet they carry on like it's some playground game. Knobheads are ruining football for me.

The mancs thrive off their disgusting songs. They need to sing about Hillsborough and Heysal, it's all part of what makes their day. Yesterday must have been extremely difficult for them ( having to behave like decent human beings for once) but you could sense they were waiting for any excuse to resort to kind. I was in block 125 lower annie and clearly saw and heard a number of their rat faced in breds singing "where's yer famous munich song". That was towards the end of the game and before any suggestion of aeroplane gestures. It's disappointing, if true, if any of our support gave them what they so desperately craved.

They are playing Tottenham next Saturday and I am pretty sure that we will be regaled with a number of songs directed at our club. At Old Trafford we have no right to take the moral highground, but we don't sing about them at any other time whereas they sing about us constantly.

Nobody ran on the pitch yesterday, and there is no way that each and every fan in that end saw that one fan allegedly making offensive gestures, as usual they believe that they have the moral right to respond and dismiss any criticism of their behavior! It is quite ironic when you consider what they sing.

We should sing 'We know what you are! You're all lying bastards'

Beat me to it Rob (Doctor Troy) and was a similar post to what I was going to make. ''yeah but they did this'' ''yeah but they did that''. it is a total embarrassment. Both sides who try and justify their own actions by excusing it are as bad as each other. We have twats, they have twats, nothing more to be said really.

Brief history lesson to show both sides have twats:

Pre 1989 some of our fans sing Munich, songs about runways and a former LFC captain and genuine footballing legend making noise, have Munich banners on the Kop at home games and other games (notably Heysel), their team had teargas thrown at them in 85 or 86 by some gobshite.

Post 1989 the Munich songs stop, United fans in the early 90s start to goad us with ''Where's your famous Munich song'' as some form of payback for mocking their disaster for a few years prior to 1989 which reaches a horrible nadir when the Tony Bland silence is disrupted back in March 1993 by a few United dickheads.

1994 Sir Matt passes away, we play Man City the week after, a City fan disrupts the silence, our fans boo, then some dickhead on the Kop shouts something a few seconds later and the silence is ruined.

2005 George Best dies, whether you like the man or not and even if you think he pissed his second chance at life up against the wall, simple human decency can't stop a few dickhead fans of ours disrupting the silence when we ironically played Man City but this time it was us and only us who disrupted the silence and we get hammered in the press for it.

Whilst they may have greater numbers singing more offensive songs than we do it really doesn't matter does it in the grand scheme of things. It doesn't justify anything some of our fans do and have done over the years like smashing up the toilets there and the club footing the bill for the damage. Whilst we have dickheads at away games singing Munich/Shipman songs particularly at Old Trafford then we still can't take a moral high ground no matter how much people would like to. It was only a couple of years ago the inoffensive Ben Foster had Munich chanted to him at an away game v Birmingham it was arguably as many who sang it to him as he took place in goal for the second half as the amount of their fans who sang those songs yesterday. Not to mention Phil neville and Tim Howard getting the same treatment at Goodison in recent seasons.

What I despise from them is not even the ''famous Munich song'' really, it is the snidy ''victim'' song however which they play on being open to interpretation to an extent so they can get away with the probable true meaning of it. It is ironic as I genuinely haven't heard them sing that ''Where's your famous Munich song'' for a number of years until yesterday and I have attended every Liverpool v United home game since 1989. It was a favourite of theirs in the early 90s as I touched on earlier.

Until fans take responsibility for their own actions then nothing will change and I almost get the impression some are happy to keep it like that because they always try and pass each clubs own fans failings off by the other doing worse.

Section, I like you as a poster but I think your posting on this thread has been symptomatic of the problems between the two clubs fans if I am honest. The ''see I told you so'' tone to one of your first posts on the thread was exactly the kind of thing I am talking about. You are guilty of tarring all their fans with the same brush so you can't moan about it when people tar all our fanbase with the same brush which we should know better than anybody how that is easily done. I have read lots of genuine respectful articles from decent United fans over the past week or so and I could ask you are the United shirts/scarfs on the memorial/Shankly gates a fake gesture as well as well as the there for the grace of god go we message from the silent majority that a United fan left on the memorial the other day? It isn't all of them acting like cunts and it isn't all of us but the pointscoring on both sides is incredibly tiresome and repetitive and sadly, shows no signs of ending anytime soon.

Take the fans out of the equation for a minute, I don't think Manchester United as a football club could have done more than they did yesterday and people may not like it but fuck it, that includes their manager too. If Kenny Dalglish says Ferguson has always been first class where Hillsborough is concerned then that is good enough for me. Some things like that transcend football.

The club (United) has been brilliant this past week (and this past 23 years actually) and I have never met a United fan from Manchester who I have never got on with!

But they are spoilt, petulant cunts who have developed a dismissive arrogance towards anyone who doesn't bow down and pay homage, as Goatboy said years ago in an issue of the TTW&R 'We wanted to be the best, the want to be the only one'. It is a subtle difference but still quite significant in this context, neither of us have any moral highground in these fixtures but for some reason they think they have!

"What I despise from them is not even the ''famous Munich song'' really, it is the snidy ''victim'' song however which they play on being open to interpretation to an extent so they can get away with the probable true meaning of it. It is ironic as I genuinely haven't heard them sing that ''Where's your famous Munich song'' for a number of years until yesterday and I have attended every Liverpool v United home game since 1989. It was a favourite of theirs in the early 90s as I touched on earlier".

agree with this and I was educated by the rest of your post about the history of chants between the clubs.

isn't this born out of united being taunted by us during the 26 years when they went without a league title and they've been giving it back thick to us since?

isn't this born out of united being taunted by us during the 26 years when they went without a league title and they've been giving it back thick to us since?

In that case, they'd be singing about their 19 titles, not our dead.

As John rightly points out there is guilt on both sides and we have been very far from being angels. We don't do it as a general rule any more though, whereas they do.

The club (United) has been brilliant this past week (and this past 23 years actually) and I have never met a United fan from Manchester who I have never got on with!

But they are spoilt, petulant cunts who have developed a dismissive arrogance towards anyone who doesn't bow down and pay homage, as Goatboy said years ago in an issue of the TTW&R 'We wanted to be the best, the want to be the only one'. It is a subtle difference but still quite significant in this context, neither of us have any moral highground in these fixtures but for some reason they think they have!

I agree with some of that, but too many of our fans have developed this notion that there is some kind of conspiracy against us and that Sky and the FA want the Mancs to win and us to lose. We were robbed yesterday and we deserved to win. I would agree that United get loads of decisions at Old Trafford, but then again we used to get them back in the old days as well. We also had great players who could be damn bloody ruthless and I'm not just talking about the likes of Souey. Ronnie Whelan was a brilliant footballer, but he could be a dirty cynical bastard. Kenny wasn't shy in putting himself about either. In fact, all those lads had their moments, which was why they were a great team back then. We were a winning machine and it wasn't all tea and digestives in the bootroom.

I think it is a bit pot kettle black calling the Mancs as arrogant. I was probably an arrogant little bastard when we were winning everything in sight and they were in the old second division. It is part of being a football supporter to wind up opposing fans. It doesn't mean that it's a conspiracy to take over the world!!

Neither of us have the moral high ground. We are two great clubs. Some of their fans are bellends, but then again some of ours as well. That is sadly not going to go away.

How many times have we had to defend our behavior these past few years? Alan Smith, and the FA cup in 2006, Evra, Hicks and Gillett?

How many times have they been questioned? Once, this past week and they haven't liked that at all. Football wasn't the omnipotent force that it is now.

The clubs can stamp this out if they get tough with it. I remember going on a stadium tour at Anfield some years ago, and the tour guide was going on about how good their CCTV system was that filmed the supporters. "We once filmed a guy sipping alcohol from a flask in his pocket with a straw. He was kicked out and had his ST cancelled."

Well, if the cameras are that good, just identify the people singing the sick songs and hand out lifetime bans. As soon as a few get banned, the message should get through. It's dead simple. The difficult bit would be getting the Mancs to do it and overcome their 'Holier than thou' attitude, but that would mean admitting they have a problem.

"What I despise from them is not even the ''famous Munich song'' really, it is the snidy ''victim'' song however which they play on being open to interpretation to an extent so they can get away with the probable true meaning of it. It is ironic as I genuinely haven't heard them sing that ''Where's your famous Munich song'' for a number of years until yesterday and I have attended every Liverpool v United home game since 1989. It was a favourite of theirs in the early 90s as I touched on earlier".

agree with this and I was educated by the rest of your post about the history of chants between the clubs.

I don't believe it IS born out of retaliation really. That's a convenient excuse.

If you don't want to sing that crap, you don't sing it. But if you're just waiting for the chance to do it, then certainly you'll chant 'back' at the first opportunity.

These people are itching to provoke, They are more concerned with winding up other fans that watching the game.

I see it week in week out at City, and it happens at every other game between big clubs. There's a section of fans that choose to sit as close to the away fans as possible and might as well have their seats turned 90 degrees to face them... cos that's where they are looking for most of the match.

They are giving the V signs, the wanker signs, and chanting crap at each other throughout the match whilst claiming to represent the 'true' fan base because they'll travel to the away matches to do the same again!

These are arsehole fans, with arsehole opinions, and sod all respect for anybody, and they wear the shirts of Liverpool, City, United, Everton, Spurs... you name it.

The clubs can stamp this out if they get tough with it. I remember going on a stadium tour at Anfield some years ago, and the tour guide was going on about how good their CCTV system was that filmed the supporters. "We once filmed a guy sipping alcohol from a flask in his pocket with a straw. He was kicked out and had his ST cancelled."

Well, if the cameras are that good, just identify the people singing the sick songs and hand out lifetime bans. As soon as a few get banned, the message should get through. It's dead simple. The difficult bit would be getting the Mancs to do it and overcome their 'Holier than thou' attitude, but that would mean admitting they have a problem.

Absolutely.

I've got a mate works in the security room at Blackburn (poor bloke), the CCTV they have is crystal clear. If they spot you giving the V's or mouthing off, they COULD quite easily have you ejected within about 60 seconds. But they have 'tolerance' level. They know hundreds will be swearing and giving V signs, and it's too much hassle to kick them out. But United could certainly identify a significant number of the chanters at Anfield, and ban them. They'd not get all, and some might be borderline cases (in terms of being certain they chanted), but some will be clear as day in CCTV (they were clear enough on tv!)

I believe United need to accept they have an issue. Until they do, the problem will remain. It's not all United fans, we know that, but it's not 1 or 2 either. In my opinion it was enough fans to be considered 'a problem'.

Chucked out for giving the V's? Fucking hell that used to be part of my match day goal celebration, might not be a problem these days anyway ha!

You know what I mean! the ones who appear to turn up purely to stare at the away fans all afternoon... like they've been been allowed to stay up and watch Green Street the night before. Sadly some of them are middle aged blokes.

I'm not one for conspiracy theories but...

I DO think United are the 'darlings' - being the most famous and biggest 'brand' (which the FA like to ride on the coattails of).

I also think that Liverpool might be seen as a bit of a fly in the ointment. Reputation across Europe etc. There are still plenty of people in the old boys network of UEFA and the FA for that matter who are steeped in prejudice and corruption.

That's got nothing to do with Halsey of course, but I'm talking about influence in the game (behind closed doors) and I can't help but feel United's vote holds more weight than Norwich's... and if that's true, then I suspect United's vote counts for more than ANY other. It's big business, there's a lot of money at stake... it would seem foolish to imagine they don't hold any sway!

Beat me to it Rob (Doctor Troy) and was a similar post to what I was going to make. ''yeah but they did this'' ''yeah but they did that''. it is a total embarrassment. Both sides who try and justify their own actions by excusing it are as bad as each other. We have twats, they have twats, nothing more to be said really.

Brief history lesson to show both sides have twats:

Pre 1989 some of our fans sing Munich, songs about runways and a former LFC captain and genuine footballing legend making noise, have Munich banners on the Kop at home games and other games (notably Heysel), their team had teargas thrown at them in 85 or 86 by some gobshite.

Post 1989 the Munich songs stop, United fans in the early 90s start to goad us with ''Where's your famous Munich song'' as some form of payback for mocking their disaster for a few years prior to 1989 which reaches a horrible nadir when the Tony Bland silence is disrupted back in March 1993 by a few United dickheads.

1994 Sir Matt passes away, we play Man City the week after, a City fan disrupts the silence, our fans boo, then some dickhead on the Kop shouts something a few seconds later and the silence is ruined.

2005 George Best dies, whether you like the man or not and even if you think he pissed his second chance at life up against the wall, simple human decency can't stop a few dickhead fans of ours disrupting the silence when we ironically played Man City but this time it was us and only us who disrupted the silence and we get hammered in the press for it.

Whilst they may have greater numbers singing more offensive songs than we do it really doesn't matter does it in the grand scheme of things. It doesn't justify anything some of our fans do and have done over the years like smashing up the toilets there and the club footing the bill for the damage. Whilst we have dickheads at away games singing Munich/Shipman songs particularly at Old Trafford then we still can't take a moral high ground no matter how much people would like to. It was only a couple of years ago the inoffensive Ben Foster had Munich chanted to him at an away game v Birmingham it was arguably as many who sang it to him as he took place in goal for the second half as the amount of their fans who sang those songs yesterday. Not to mention Phil neville and Tim Howard getting the same treatment at Goodison in recent seasons.

What I despise from them is not even the ''famous Munich song'' really, it is the snidy ''victim'' song however which they play on being open to interpretation to an extent so they can get away with the probable true meaning of it. It is ironic as I genuinely haven't heard them sing that ''Where's your famous Munich song'' for a number of years until yesterday and I have attended every Liverpool v United home game since 1989. It was a favourite of theirs in the early 90s as I touched on earlier.

Until fans take responsibility for their own actions then nothing will change and I almost get the impression some are happy to keep it like that because they always try and pass each clubs own fans failings off by the other doing worse.

Section, I like you as a poster but I think your posting on this thread has been symptomatic of the problems between the two clubs fans if I am honest. The ''see I told you so'' tone to one of your first posts on the thread was exactly the kind of thing I am talking about. You are guilty of tarring all their fans with the same brush so you can't moan about it when people tar all our fanbase with the same brush which we should know better than anybody how that is easily done. I have read lots of genuine respectful articles from decent United fans over the past week or so and I could ask you are the United shirts/scarfs on the memorial/Shankly gates a fake gesture as well as well as the there for the grace of god go we message from the silent majority that a United fan left on the memorial the other day? It isn't all of them acting like cunts and it isn't all of us but the pointscoring on both sides is incredibly tiresome and repetitive and sadly, shows no signs of ending anytime soon.

Take the fans out of the equation for a minute, I don't think Manchester United as a football club could have done more than they did yesterday and people may not like it but fuck it, that includes their manager too. If Kenny Dalglish says Ferguson has always been first class where Hillsborough is concerned then that is good enough for me. Some things like that transcend football.

Very well written post.

As I have previously stated I admit singing the 'runway song' with most of anfield pre 1989 and I m ashamed of that but do admit it. I am quite pleased that despite some serious baiting in recent years I haven't sung any such songs at anfield or when we ve played there. I was however present when my fellow fans sung the aforementioned song gerting of the train in mcr at cup game last year, on way and in the ground both during and afterwards.

Yeah they have plenty of scumbags who will no doubt revert to singing about us next game but let's remember we have these sort of clowns who still drag our reputation through the gutter still.

The mancs thrive off their disgusting songs. They need to sing about Hillsborough and Heysal, it's all part of what makes their day. Yesterday must have been extremely difficult for them ( having to behave like decent human beings for once) but you could sense they were waiting for any excuse to resort to kind. I was in block 125 lower annie and clearly saw and heard a number of their rat faced in breds singing "where's yer famous munich song". That was towards the end of the game and before any suggestion of aeroplane gestures. It's disappointing, if true, if any of our support gave them what they so desperately craved.

Take your blinkers off. Until 1989 our fans sang about Munich en masse. Disgustingly, we still have fans who think it's acceptable to go to Old Trafford and perform aeroplane gestures and sing horrible shit about young lads who lost their lives. FFS to this day I know plenty of reds who who refer to United as Munich.

They have their dick-heads, we have our dick-heads.