You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Other football

Jhinge Machha

Booed off at half time (Villa)

It just goes to show how quickly decline can happen... it's what 3 years? They were battling with City and Everton for 6th back then.

For all the managerial efforts, if the quality isn't there in the pitch, the manager's on a hiding to nothing.

It's early days of course, but once negativity sets in (and it has at Villa) things often go from bad to worse. We've been victims of it ourselves.

Villa are now having to live within their means. Lerner invested heavily over the first four years of his ownership (£186 million gross and nearly £90 million net spend) before he decided it wasn't worth it. It led to O'neill's departure (he does like to spend) and since then a rapid decline as they attempt to repair their £80 million debt. Lessons to be learned for FSG here.

• Replies 49k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jairzinho

• magicrat

• Russ Atmosphere

• Dr Nowt

United have just spent the last 10 minutes singing about us and Hillsborough. Obsessed.

I was just thinking that, I know we've an element of our support that is just as bad but honestly I can't recall being at Anfield watching us winning a match which cannot be possibly be related to United only to then hear us spend 10 minutes singing about Munich.

I was just thinking that, I know we've an element of our support that is just as bad but honestly I can't recall being at Anfield watching us winning a match which cannot be possibly be related to United only to then hear us spend 10 minutes singing about Munich.

We had it at City... calling them 'Munichs'. It seems to have been killed off.

I just don't get it. I really don't. It's just lacking in any sort of respect and is classless.

A good bit of banter with away fans - a few cheeky chants - and 'we'll have you next time' is all that's needed.

You need only read the names and ages of the folks on the Hillsborough memorial to put EVERYTHING into perspective.

Guest San Don
If Norwich - QPR stays a draw at least Everton's win means we won't be bottom of the table by the end of the day.

BBC's up to the minute table currently has us bottom.

We had it at City... calling them 'Munichs'. It seems to have been killed off.

I just don't get it. I really don't. It's just lacking in any sort of respect and is classless.

A good bit of banter with away fans - a few cheeky chants - and 'we'll have you next time' is all that's needed.

You need only read the names and ages of the folks on the Hillsborough memorial to put EVERYTHING into perspective.

After Munich we actually loaned United 5 players so they could finnish the season off.