You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Other football

Jhinge Machha

• Replies 49k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jairzinho

• magicrat

• Russ Atmosphere

• Dr Nowt

Chelsea looking brilliant ritght now. Torres is going to score well into double figures in that side, even if he is a shadow of his former self.

Yeah he will as he's the focal point of the attack. He's clearly not the player he was, his body can't catch up with what his brain is thinking.

He's just been booked for diving which is ironic given the nature of the penalty.

Wait, so are you saying he isn't playing phenomenally well for Chelsea at the moment?

No, i'm saying that because he is playing well there is no need to spout '5 assists' every five fucking minutes when 3 of them have been pens that he has won.

As usual the English media go over the top and even when the lad is either poor or the 'assist' is tenuous at best, it is highlighted and screamed as a fact.

No, i'm saying that because he is playing well there is no need to spout '5 assists' every five fucking minutes when 3 of them have been pens that he has won.

As usual the English media go over the top and even when the lad is either poor or the 'assist' is tenuous at best, it is highlighted and screamed as a fact.

Hyperbole, you has it.

6 assists now.

Its actually quite depressing how far we are off the other top 4 challenging teams on paper.

Trying to be as objective as possible I don't think any of our attacking players would get into the Chelsea/Spurs/Man Utd/Man City/Newcastle sides. Maybe Suarez would get into Arsenal's team but thats about it imo.

Am I being paranoid? When City turn up their wealth is always added as an important fact that needs to be taken into account, yet because Chelsea have been doing this for so long it is as though their wealth has become accepted and not a factor!

Hazzard, Torress and Mata cost over £100m and that has been in the last 20 years. Maybe it is just me reading to much into it, but Chelsea seem to be seen as the pluck underdogs.

6 assists now.

Its actually quite depressing how far we are off the other top 4 challenging teams on paper.

Trying to be as objective as possible I don't think any of our attacking players would get into the Chelsea/Spurs/Man Utd/Man City/Newcastle sides. Maybe Suarez would get into Arsenal's team but thats about it imo.

That is fair, but Mikel, Mereiless and Bertrand are not that better than ours, United have Scholes, Carrick, Arsenal Diaby and Arteta, so you can't be that negative about our prospects.

I personally think Allen is going to be an absolute star, if Sahin is as good as is said then Lucas, Allen, Gerrard and Sahin would take some beating.

That is fair, but Mikel, Mereiless and Bertrand are not that better than ours, United have Scholes, Carrick, Arsenal Diaby and Arteta, so you can't be that negative about our prospects.

I personally think Allen is going to be an absolute star, if Sahin is as good as is said then Lucas, Allen, Gerrard and Sahin would take some beating.

Oscar - Ramierez - Essian and Lamppard so they have strenght in depth which we have'nt so that will make a big difference.

It was fairly obvious how ace he was going to be, but there was still an element of doubt considering which league he came from. I think its fair to say the doubt has been removed.

I actually mocked the fact they paid £30m for him at one point too. "He's never worth that" or something similar. How foolish and utterly wrong i could be.

Just think he was only £10m or so less than Stewart Downing and in 135 minutes of football he scored more and set up 6 times as many for his team mates.

If you don't laugh... then... i... i cant even joke.

I think we've missed Miereles big time.

It looks as though there is a hint of a renaissance for Torres, he looks like he has adjusted his game a bit, he doesn't run into the channels like he used to and he rarely ever runs at men like he did here when he was at his best, looks like he has decided to just stay in the middle and become the archetypal "poacher".