You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Other football

Jhinge Machha

• Replies 49k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jairzinho

• magicrat

• Russ Atmosphere

• Dr Nowt

bored in work so went through match thread starters from 1st January to call on all my superstitious powers and see who should start Villarreal thread

Dynamite L

Bjornebye L

Paulie Dangerously WW

Chacha Shakoor WD

Arl Arse WDW

Ardja WL

Hand Shandy LDWWWW

Sugar Ape LD

Denny Crane W

Grinch LW

Thompsons Nose D

an tha W

Mouse1989 W

njackets L

Buoy D

Funnneeee D

I nominate Paulie Dangerously

Chacha should get the nod on the basis of the two Dortmund games.

What was Paulie's opposition like for comparison sake? Twas the two Villa games, wasn't it, the fucking fraud.

Dynamite L

Bjornebye L

Paulie Dangerously DW

Chacha Shakoor WD

Arl Arse WDW

Ardja WL

Hand Shandy LDWWWW

Sugar Ape LD

Denny Crane W

Grinch LW

Thompsons Nose D

an tha W

Mouse1989 W

njackets L

Buoy D

Funnneeee D

amended Paulie D had newcastle and everton

Listening to the football ramble podcast earlier and heard a story about Rodney Marsh.

Marsh is getting pissed off with the ref and the following conversation takes place;

Marsh: If I called you a cunt would you send me off?

Ref: Yes.

Marsh: If I thought you were a cunt, would you send me off?

Ref: No.

Marsh: Okay, I think you're a cunt.

Sounds like a bit of revisionism, He probably called the ref a cunt , got sent off and George Best made up the story for him about twenty years later.

I hope Atleti don't win it.

Anti-football and borderline cheating the amount of time they waste. It was like Chelsea against us in the title challenge season.

Saying that, Godin and that back 4 are pretty damn good.

"Anti-football" is a ridiculous phrase.

• Upvote 1

To choose Coman over Götze really tells a lot, Pep can't get along some characters - think Zlatan. I don't really see Mario as a "troublemaker" or a "character" like Zlatan for example.

He wanted to maintain the width his side had. They were trying overloads with pace on both sides (Ribery and Alaba down the left, Costa and Lahm down the right) because it was so congested in the middle that even Muller was struggling to find space. Coman is a wide player with pace whereas Gotze isn't. Costa's influence on the match was waining whereas Ribery was becoming more influential so Guardiola decided to replace Costa. Coman had a bit of a stinker though which is why it ultimately didn't work.

It shows that common opinions are not right, aswell as hearing Suarez is the only reason Rodgers challenged I've heard a lot of fans say Suarez was the reason Sturridge performed that season.

Here we are again....

Do you not think that Sturridge raised his game playing with Suarez?

I've not heard people say that about Sturridge because he has always scored goals no matter who has played with but it must be a joy to play with someone like Suarez as he creates so much space for the other striker.

It shows that common opinions are not right, aswell as hearing Suarez is the only reason Rodgers challenged I've heard a lot of fans say Suarez was the reason Sturridge performed that season.

I agree that common opinions are not always right. However, Sturridge scores goals with or without Suarez. Rodgers does not win trophies with or without Suarez.

Pochettino has been in the Europa league two seasons, fielded squad players and went out to any decent team they met in the knockout stages.Judging by how people view Rodgers in Europe I'm assuming they think Pochettino doesn't know how to compete in Europe.

Rodgers took a weaker squad further up the table than Poch and done it a harder way playing attacking expansive football, we battered rivals while like I predicited a few weeks ago Spurs flopped against the big teams like they always do.

Poch took over a strong saints team and had them midtable, Koeman took over, lost all the star players and built a stronger squad which finished higher in the league.Rodgers brought a team up from the championship and kept them up comfortably playing some of the best football in the league.

As I say I find it baffling that fans rate him so highly but don't rate Rodgers, someone like Carra saying it is even worse.Ive said before he and Gerrard are legends but I don't want to see them working for the club until they've proved themselves elsewhere, they've said and done some dodgy things in the past like when they played their part in getting Rafa sacked.

I forget to ask this yesterday as I gave up.... How did Laudrup do when he took over from Brendan?

fuck this shit. Start the match thread.

• Upvote 2

I forget to ask this yesterday as I gave up.... How did Laudrup do when he took over from Brendan?

He initially did well with Rodgers squad and a couple of additions, when he put his stamp on the team they were shite and have been fighting relegation ever since.Monk came in and was using the same tactics Rodgers used when he played there and then was sacked at the first sign of trouble.

The only difference in Sturridge when Suarez was here was that he would try to set Suarez up a lot more then he does with other partners up front, he knew Suarez was the main man and had to play well with him to stay in the team.

• Downvote 1

He initially did well with Rodgers squad and a couple of additions, when he put his stamp on the team they were shite and have been fighting relegation ever since.Monk came in and was using the same tactics Rodgers used when he played there and then was sacked at the first sign of trouble.

The only difference in Sturridge when Suarez was here was that he would try to set Suarez up a lot more then he does with other partners up front, he knew Suarez was the main man and had to play well with him to stay in the team.

Haha! You are funny! So Laudrup managed to win a trophy and qualify for Europe with Rodgers squad but Rodgers couldn't..... Doesn't that just say that as soon as they changed manager they went up a level?

Anyway - as Paco said - can you start the Villarreal Home match thread please.....

Even that little nod Ronaldo gives each opposition player as they shake hands down the line annoys me.

An unbearable narcissistic prick of the very highest order.

He's the closest thing to Patrick Bateman that I have ever seen.