You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Go fuck yourselves FSG

Neil G

On 05/11/2020 at 09:58, Numero said:

It always gives me a laugh to read other club’s forums saying how we are so well run, from top to bottom we’ve got our shit sorted, how they’re jealous of the set up we’ve got, then I come on here and it’s all ‘fuck you FSG’. 

It always gives me a laugh to read other club's forums saying how we are all using PEDs, VAR is in our pocket, the powers that be want us to win, we never get any major injuries, how they are happy they are not winning like us, then I come on here and it's all 'great manager, great players and mentality monsters'.

On 05/11/2020 at 10:37, Bad Red Bull said:

Wow, double than what Western Union were paying. 

Like a lot of these deals (like I have mentioned I think earlier in this thread) the value of the deal is not just about the slot on the shirt, it's also about what other commitments there are. Expedia will be getting significant access to players as part of this deal, so we're probably giving up a little more than we were with Expedia. 

On 05/11/2020 at 15:13, aws said:

Isn't Cazoo the sponsor of theirs who doesn't like to be associated with teams who win anything? 

Nah, that's Hummel. 

An anomaly - an interesting article in The Echo...

Potential FSG deal presents possibility of Liverpool link with AZ Alkmaar

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/fsg-redball-liverpool-az-alkmaar-19226463

Given Citeh & Chelsea have similar link ups, it would be interesting to see if we follow a similar path.

Having a Championship club or a Dutch club to be able to send our players to for experience/ toughening up, sounds a good idea. 

53 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Just how on earth were we so successful without Dunkin Donuts and Costa Coffee?

Because it wasn't a global businesses back then, you could be owned by the local millionaire and be deemed a wealthy club.

Now its all about how much money you can get in via any source to inflate your earnings.

I'm not sure which is worse these days, the transfer fees or the wages paid, a bang average squad player will cost around £25m with a weekly wage of £80k. Over a 5 year contract that amounts to over £45m not including add ons agents fees and the rest. All in could run close to £60m. 

So we need a lot of sponsorship to fund even bank average players let alone the good ones.

Have we sold our soul to the devil or just trying to keep pace with the ones that did?

8 minutes ago, SlugTrail said:

I'm not sure which is worse these days, the transfer fees or the wages paid, a bang average squad player will cost around £25m with a weekly wage of £80k. Over a 5 year contract that amounts to over £45m not including add ons agents fees and the rest. All in could run close to £60m. 

So we need a lot of sponsorship to fund even bank average players let alone the good ones.

Have we sold our soul to the devil or just trying to keep pace with the ones that did?

That is right up there with anything that's considered scandalous or immoral nowa-woke-days, in my book.

If I hate knuckle-dragging redneck Trump voters - who haven't got a pot to piss in - then surely I have to hate the fact that a bang average squad footballer is on 80k a week, if I'm being fair.

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Scott_M said:

An anomaly - an interesting article in The Echo...

Potential FSG deal presents possibility of Liverpool link with AZ Alkmaar

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/fsg-redball-liverpool-az-alkmaar-19226463

Given Citeh & Chelsea have similar link ups, it would be interesting to see if we follow a similar path.

Having a Championship club or a Dutch club to be able to send our players to for experience/ toughening up, sounds a good idea. 

Have Chelsea or City ever developed a player through these club's? They use them as a form of football pimping. They harvest a shit load of players and sell them to fund the academy/cook the books.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, No2 said:

Have Chelsea or City ever developed a player through these club's? They use them as a form of football pimping. They harvest a shit load of players and sell them to fund the academy/cook the books.

It's just a people trafficking scheme. It's been profitable for Chelsea though, so it would not be a shock to see us follow suit.