You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Go fuck yourselves FSG

Neil G

2 hours ago, skaro said:

... at least Henry will be getting into the box... even if a new CB for us won't be.

First mate has definitely been there before him.

See what I mean, though. He’s laughing at us and rubbing it in our faces, and Scott and Numero want to let him get away with it....

• Upvote 1

In an ideal world you'd like to see anyone we sign in for training on Tuesday and available to play villa, then get a full week in training with whoever he's going to partner against the mancs. I'm not terrifically sure we'll sign anyone though, as we showed with VVD, when it was planned over a long period it was just done for when the window opened.

What I think is odd though is there seems little comment from the echo, not even their summer "we have no interest in thiago" bullshit. The echo are circulating loads of shite rumours, not pinning themselves to any of them, but equally don't seem to be making an absolute "nobody is coming stance" . 

22 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

In an ideal world you'd like to see anyone we sign in for training on Tuesday and available to play villa, then get a full week in training with whoever he's going to partner against the mancs. I'm not terrifically sure we'll sign anyone though, as we showed with VVD, when it was planned over a long period it was just done for when the window opened.

What I think is odd though is there seems little comment from the echo, not even their summer "we have no interest in thiago" bullshit. The echo are circulating loads of shite rumours, not pinning themselves to any of them, but equally don't seem to be making an absolute "nobody is coming stance" . 

Getting a CB in this window is so crucial I'd expect the club to be clamping down even more than usual on information getting out. They're probably not even giving hints to the favoured few until the time is right. 

On the other hand maybe fuck all is going on. 

52 minutes ago, aws said:

Getting a CB in this window is so crucial I'd expect the club to be clamping down even more than usual on information getting out. They're probably not even giving hints to the favoured few until the time is right. 

On the other hand maybe fuck all is going on. 

It's definitely different behaviour. Aside from that "like" from Botman's agent, there seems to be very little noise from the other side of deals. Even those just using us to get their man a deal or move. 

I honestly can’t see us buying anyone. He’s shown how stubborn  he can be when it comes to not making signings for the sake of it and he’s been proven right so far.

He said yesterday the clubs with no money don’t need any money and don’t have to sell and the ones we’ll be interested in will probably face us in the CL so they’ll be reluctant to sell too. 

Massive extra premiums getting anyone out of a club now knowing we’re desperate. We fucked it last summer by not replacing lovren and gambling that Matip and Gomez would develop into Wolverine levels of recovery. 

If I had a choice I’d go and get a striker and go on the front foot for the rest of the season. Even a short term arl arse like a Giroud who knows where the net is would be enough. 

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, Red74 said:

I honestly can’t see us buying anyone. He’s shown how stubborn  he can be when it comes to not making signings for the sake of it and he’s been proven right so far.

He said yesterday the clubs with no money don’t need any money and don’t have to sell and the ones we’ll be interested in will probably face us in the CL so they’ll be reluctant to sell too. 

Massive extra premiums getting anyone out of a club now knowing we’re desperate. We fucked it last summer by not replacing lovren and gambling that Matip and Gomez would develop into Wolverine levels of recovery. 

If I had a choice I’d go and get a striker and go on the front foot for the rest of the season. Even a short term arl arse like a Giroud who knows where the net is would be enough. 

Wrong thread. Won’t let me edit 

24 minutes ago, Red74 said:

Yes it's all to do with klopp being stubborn cause there's certainly money there if he wants it. 

That's why we've no back up in most positions , that's why we persisted with shite goalkeeper season on season until Alison was finally signed, that's why we didn't sell van dijk until the coutinho left.   All to do with stubborness. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

I think if people look at the squad objectively, with 8 first team central midfielders in it, and that most of them have been used in a variety of different positions by choice, it's easy to see why we don't have backups at every position and that this is by design. Whether that's right or wrong is a different question. 

Just now, 3 Stacks said:

I think if people look at the squad objectively, with 8 first team central midfielders in it, and that most of them have been used in a variety of different positions by choice, it's easy to see why we don't have backups at every position and that this is by design. Whether that's right or wrong is a different question. 

Would you ever fuck up about this shit. 

Milner is a doghit full back. He's not even a good midfielder anymore. 

Chamberlain is fucking wank out wide and not much use is midfield. 

Fabinho has done OK at centre half but missed from midfield. 

Our squad is pathetic with no cover in numerous positions and its done so our skinflint scum owners forcing the manager to wheel and deal.  Weakening two positions instead of one everytime he needs to make a change. 

3 minutes ago, Grinch said:

Would you ever fuck up about this shit. 

Milner is a doghit full back. He's not even a good midfielder anymore. 

Chamberlain is fucking wank out wide and not much use is midfield. 

Fabinho has done OK at centre half but missed from midfield. 

Our squad is pathetic with no cover in numerous positions and its done so our skinflint scum owners forcing the manager to wheel and deal.  Weakening two positions instead of one everytime he needs to make a change. 

I repeat, we have 8 first choice midfielders. 8. I'm sorry, but that's by choice. If you want to write a letter to Klopp telling him to fuck some of them off and buy backups at other positions instead to make up the squad, be my guest.

10 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

I repeat, we have 8 first choice midfielders. 8. I'm sorry, but that's by choice. If you want to write a letter to Klopp telling him to fuck some of them off and buy backups at other positions instead to make up the squad, be my guest.

So fucking what? 

6 minutes ago, Grinch said:

So fucking what? 

Having 8 midfielders is overwhelming depth at that position. It's more than essentially every other club has because Klopp and his staff have constructed the squad like that, instead of having quality, dedicated backups in a couple other positions.

Hence, it's not an under investment problem by FSG, it's possibly a squad building mistake, and an over-emphasis on versatility. Didn't think I'd have to explain this to a clear headed genius such as yourself, but here we are.

3 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Having 8 midfielders is overwhelming depth at that position. It's more than essentially every other club has because Klopp and his staff have constructed the squad like that, instead of having quality, dedicated backups in a couple other positions.

Hence, it's not an under investment problem by FSG, it's possibly a squad building mistake, and an over-emphasis on versatility. Didn't think I'd have to explain this to a clear headed genius such as yourself, but here we are.

It's not much more at all.  Seven would be a reasonable number for those three spots. 

And we've got milner who needs to retire.  Oxocube who offers fuck all and is seemingly even worse since his Injuries and a young kid in Jones.  Fabinho who was always going to be needed to be dropped back into defence since we knew matip and gomez would be out together. 

So no not that much depth there and none elsewhere and unless you stick your head completely up you arse, they don't offer cover elsewhere.   You can tell the manager doesn't think they do or he wouldn't have run the same 13 players into the ground. 

• Downvote 1

1 minute ago, Grinch said:

It's not much more at all.  Seven would be a reasonable number for those three spots. 

And we've got milner who needs to retire.  Oxocube who offers fuck all and is seemingly even worse since his Injuries and a young kid in Jones.  Fabinho who was always going to be needed to be dropped back into defence since we knew matip and gomez would be out together. 

So no not that much depth there and none elsewhere and unless you stick your head completely up you arse, they don't offer cover elsewhere.   You can tell the manager doesn't think they do or he wouldn't have run the same 13 players into the ground. 

6 midfielders is a reasonable number in a regular squad where you have first team backups you trust at both full back positions and 4 centre backs. The 3 starters and 3 backups. But since we use Milner as depth in both full back spots and Fabinho at centre back, 8 midfielders makes numerical sense.

I think you simply need to accept this may have been a tactical error by the club because your argument makes no sense. There's no lack of depth now, just potentially a miscalculation of how the squad has been built, and that's a Klopp problem, not an owners problem. If you want Milner and Ox sold, again, that's a Klopp problem. Your anger is misplaced, my friend. 

• Downvote 1