You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Have a rant thread

Sugar Ape

Another 'chomp' rant but fucking hell it just has to be done. I have taken over a publication and today movedm to my new desk. Fucking pretend cockney prick (from Gillingham but would have you think he is Danny Dyer's more cockney chimney sweeping brother) has not only twice slammed his phone down aggressively (it's not that type of office) and spent the morning clearing his throat but is now chewing am chewing gum and every 37 seconds or so lets out this loud chomp.

Now I am as of today his direct line manager and I am wondering if getting up from my desk, grabbing the back of his head and putting it through his desk with a cry of "Do not fucking chomp on my watch cunt head" is a bit too much of a warning to others? I do wonder if I have this completely irrational side and how wound up I get by things like that compared to others. I'm chilled as fuck about big things. A brick could fly through the window and land on my lap and the likelihood is id laugh and crack on but little things, especially traits that people have without consideration for others really fucking annoy to the point where I am typing this and picturing images from world war 2 in colour and Nuremberg in my head.

Gillingham? is their even any fucking point in breathing you fucking cunt.

No, Tom, my views on feminism do not hinge on whatever hateful crap Valenti writes. I already laid out my views on feminism and women's right in that post.

The point I'm making is how futile and counter-productive it is to combat hate with hate. Don't you dare try your usual shit-stirring trick to make out I'm saying something sinister here.

No, Tom, my views on feminism do not hinge on whatever hateful crap Valenti writes. I already laid out my views on feminism and women's right in that post.

The point I'm making is how futile and counter-productive it is to combat hate with hate. Don't you dare try your usual shit-stirring trick to make out I'm saying something sinister here.

I was very clearly making a very general point in response to the sentence quoted below. I even clarified this for you, to remove all doubt.

People like that do their own cause no good at all and in fact, trivialise important issues and turn off a hell of a lot of good, well-meaning people.

If people are influenced by a vocal minority countering a greater issue, then said people are either stupid or I question the conviction of their beliefs in the first place.

This isn't a shot at you, my friend, unless you fall into this category. Which you have stated you do not.

I had this in my head recently : is this wrong?

I talk about the US government manipulating the UFO subject : I'm attacked.

I talk about the gene-centered view on reality being bullshit : I'm attacked.

I talk about fascists in the Ukraine and a US-backed Nazi coup : I'm attacked.

Yet I seem to be right on each point. So should I feel wronged? Or should I be a fucking zombie?

Sorry but this is why I'll post a lot less from here on out. Anyway, prove me wrong on any of the above points if you can do so. I'm not trying to be intelligent, I'm just trying to search for the truth. Some of you are living in delusion, and I'm trying to shake you out of it. I'm terribly sorry about that, and if you think I'm being arrogant : nope. You should try putting up with the shit I've had to put up with if you think this is the case.

I am attacked, for speaking truth. If that hurts, stop coming out with utter bullshit. (you know who you are.)

You don't like me because I attack bullshit. Well I am not sorry at all. Face your delusions if I happen to be right on each of these cases. And deal with it, instead of clinging to your lies.

To the rest of the forum : this is not against any of you. I respect most of the people here. I just don't like distortion and lies, because people can't face the truth. Because they're living in their little reality bubbles that will one day go *pop* (and they'll still try to blame others probably.)

Attack my arguments if you're so right. Attack any of the 3 arguments I listed.

At least if I fuck off mostly from here on out (and I am doing, bye bye.) and you guys fail, I'll have made my point. You just cannot stand it can you? That people might remember this and not for the reasons that you intended. Well consider it karma.

Later. (I'm sorry you didn't win with your hive-mind shite.)

It's been (mostly) cool all, later.

Drinking again?

I've been waking up to this false consensus reality of late (the last few years), and neither you, nor anyone else here, can stop me, or anybody else, from doing so, if their will is strong enough.

Fuck your bullshit. But as much as you might think it strange, respect to you too. That's if you decide to wake up to this shite as well, at any point in the future.

You might not like these words right now, but you might be fine with them in the near future.

As for me? I'll mainly stick to the graphic novel, agents of shield, and music threads, if I can (and footie threads elsewhere.) Had enough of your "reality" bullshit for quite a while hopefully, so will stay out of your "reality" threads as much as possible if I can. Why post in them? I just get attacked if I happen to speak some inconvenient truth, fuck that. I'd rather have less stress. And less hive-mind shite to deal with.

Have fun, and I genuinely hope that my position is occupied by someone who'll annoy you even more in the future. With a lot more of the fucking truth.

*waves bye*

• Upvote 1

I'm not having this thread, like others, being destroyed by the hive-minded fucks that have trolled me for so long. How can I do that? By not responding. Their "last words" will be hollow anyway, unless they manage to truly prove me wrong on any one of my three arguments (their responses will be proven shite as far as I can tell if you research enough.) Laters. You're not having this thread added to your collection, fuck off. Instead of worrying about me, how about you fucks not trolling up the GF and ruining threads with delusion?

So much for your gang.

Bye.

What you're not grasping is people aren't trolling you, picking on you or anything else.

All that happens is you post an ill thought out idea, people respond pointing that out (with evidence), you get your arse in a knot and either freak out and lose your shit or keep digging to justify your belief.

• Upvote 1

The modern day subversion of feminism.

First off, I'm writing this on my phone, so apologies for any typos.

Basically, this os something that's been on my mind since Sunday when I went to a boss acoustic gig featuring female singer-songwriters in aid of International Women's Day. It was a top night and each artist spoke eloquently in between songs about the importance of and need for equality between the sexes. To be honest, even for the blokes in the audience- me included- it was like preaching to the converted because equal pay for women doing the same job as a man is just common sense. There's no way you can dispute it. It's a basic right, just like the fact no woman should have to suffer physical/ mental abuse, should have to put up with sexism in the workplace. All of that should be a given.

Anyway, the complete 180 of that came earlier in the day when a girl I know wished everyone a Happy Women's Day, accompanying it with a pic of that scene from The Wolf of Wall Street, where Margot Robbie has the sole of her stiletto pressed into DiCaprio's fod after she's decided to give him blur balls. Now, I could be reading too much into it, but that to me seems to indicate something that people who profess to be 'feminists' can't get their heads around: that just because you (rightly) champion women's rights, doesn't justify being an absolute cunt to men. It doesn't mean you should view all men the same and should be given short shrift and regarded as tanked up Brits abroad chanting 'get your tits out for the lads.' I really do think that some women justify hateful thoughts and cuntish actions under the banner of feminism.

I just finished reading Jessica Valenti's piece of hateful bile in the Guardian and I'm baffled how it was published. She basically says not all feminists hate men (and rightly so), but it's irrelevant if they do. She goes on to say that if a woman says she hates a man, the worst that can happen is that his feelings get hurt whereas if the reverse happens, history has shown there to be misogynistic serial killers. Oh so there's never been female serial killers who have targeted men? It's that same daft logic someone like Lee Jasper uses- saying it's impossible for for black people to be racist because they're in a minority. How can you link hierarchical structure to specific, individual instances?

Take the lack of condemnation for Kelly Brook. She has a pop at both Danny Cipriani and Jason Statham and it's brushed under the carpet, save for one interview on This Morning with those notorious taskmaskers Schofield and and Willoughby where she bats her eyelashes and feigns naivety. Surely with equality comes equal standards?

Anyone who manipulates worthwhile causes for their own ends or as a means of fostering hate is an absolute dick, and should be called out. People like that do their own cause no good at all and in fact, trivialise important issues and turn off a hell of a lot of good, well-meaning people.

I'm more pissed off that women have to resort to these militant tactics because thick men don't get the message politely.
  • Upvote 1

Guest davelfc

RP get yourself down to abovetopsecret.com as I think you'll get more reasoned discussion of your chosen subjects there. We are mostly all here because we share a love of a certain sport, that's probably all a lot of us have in common. So don't be surprised if not everyone shares your thoughts on things and challenges you on them. Some will do it out of genuine interest but as is the way of the internet more will do it to wind you up.

Forums are supposed to be fun, if they get to the stage where they fail to be fun then it's either time to move on or take a break. You'll never manage to convince everyone on the internet and will go mad if you try. 

Anyway, so what is it with these self serve tills? I'm all for avoiding people when shopping, I generally hate the public at large. But four members of staff huddled chatting at Asda while all that is open are self serve tills. Why don't they get just stack the shit up at the door and I can put it on the shelves on the way round. While I'm at it could they attach a brush to the trolley so I can clean up on my way round? Oh hang on there's a spill at aisle 4, must go and see to that. 

Guest Numero Veinticinco

I think it probably is a good idea to take a break if you're letting a few internet comments get to you this much, RP.