You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 493
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Perhaps you could do us a timetable?

I think we should just lock these dangerous threads. Imagine if this disgusting idea of people using a match thread on a discussion forum to talk about a players performance was allowed to spread. Pretty soon the virus might infect stadiums, coaches and pubs and you'd have people all over the world discussing how they thought a player performed. Why people could debate it in their very living rooms and, God forbid, even discuss it with their children.

This is a very real problem and one history will judge us harshly if we fail to stop.

I think we should just lock these dangerous threads. Imagine if this disgusting idea of people using a match thread on a discussion forum to talk about a players performance was allowed to spread. Pretty soon the virus might infect stadiums, coaches and pubs and you'd have people all over the world discussing how they thought a player performed. Why people could debate it in their very living rooms and, God forbid, even discuss it with their children.

This is a very real problem and one history will judge us harshly if we fail to stop.

Oh look, another non believer.

All the talk that Bellamy should have taken the penalty, I seem to remember him missing a penalty for us with a crap shot. Carroll's confidence is low and a penalty goal would have done him a lot of good but after he takes it and misses it's made it worse. It's catch 22.

Also I caught a little bit of Napoli v Juventus and 5 mins from the end Napoli brought on Andrea Dossena. Made me think how good we got it now with Enrique at left back and Johnson can play there decently too. Wasn't too long ago we had that waste of space there. I suppose he was better than Konchesky though!

It doesn't bear thinking about if Luke Young had joined. Him and Konchesky as our full backs, oh god!!

Some credit to Dowd as well.

The missed red on Lukaku is disappointing, but a lot of refs would have given the penalty on Sideshow Bob's dive. He got the penaltly call at the other end right too.

He also booked the wrong player after the Lukaku tackle.

Well That cheered me up not a little after a grim week both in football and personally.

What can you say?

Craig Bellamy is an absolute legend and I love him to bits. What a man, what a player.

Maxi needs to start as much as he can. He's fucking lethal in front of goal, always scores and given the fact that if we have one big weakness right now? It's that we just can't find the finishing touch to all that great build up work & approach play of ours? In short since we're utter shite at scoring? Then it makes sense to include him, no? He certainly merits a place over Downing, who has done far less to merit a place than Maxi.

Young Master Coates was also quality this evening. Apart from that rash tackle on Luiz, which was almost definitely a penalty, he did nothing wrong. He's very like a young Sami in the way he reads the game and dominates his immediate zone. Looks also like an utter beast aerially which we've Really needed since at least May '09 when Sami himself went. Good lad. Oh and lest I forget? Martin Kelly and Glen Johnson are the two best English-born rightbacks in the country. Having them both is frustrating and wonderful at the same time.

Re' our erstwhile tormentors turned bunnies (when it comes to results)? Why are Chelsea so shit? They had a pretty decent group out there tonight but never once [/b looked like getting it together or organised. I don't mind Villas-Boas though I hope he gets sacked for the sheer hilarity of it ('it' being them having what Seven managers since Abramovich took over). Also isn't it odd that us and City who've had what 48 hours to recover if that have [b]both won tonight? Then again Arsenal did turn all arrogant, leave out RVP and a few other of their best players and paid the price - Maybe they should have took a leaf out of Kenny's book?

And finally? Lucas Leiva, the best fucking midfielder in England. What an absolute warrior he is. Love him.

Wembley? Would be nice for once...............

Also isn't it odd that us and City who've had what 48 hours to recover if that have both won tonight? Then again Arsenal did turn all arrogant, leave out RVP and a few other of their best players and paid the price - Maybe they should have took a leaf out of Kenny's book?

To be fair to Wenger, Kenny did also drop Suarez, our equivilent to RVP.

LFD? Kenny had firepower in Reserve in the shape of Rodriguez, Carrol, Kuyt and Bellamy; Which whilst they may not be the same worth as your Nasri's, Aguero's, Dzeko's and Nutjobs (Balotelli's)? They still have a tidy finish or two amongst them as a group. Amongst that little lot? They have All scored goals against Chelsea in recent years and have all scored for us This season; Who other than RVP has scored for Arsenal this season? Oh and Vermaelen on Saturday to cancel out what is Still to me Riise's second goal (it was going in anyway) at Highbury 10 seasons or so after his first - Anyone remember that?

I thought Abs said Arsenal had 10 different scorers this season - I don't know if that is right or not. Think we had 9 before tonight, it is probably 10 now Kelly scored.

Brilliant performance all over the pitch, great result. Corner turned for Kenny's squad, I reckon.

Defo! I said it after the City game. I'm just sensing were beginning to now find our feet, looking much more like a team.

Think were now playing without fear, and it's now that opposition are more wary about us than what we are of them.

7 changes where made tonight, and the way we went about our game didnt change.

i think its also no coincedence that support from the stands helps an awful lot, i just hope our next home game (QPR?) has the same atmosphere like the previous two games.

Feeling very confident going into this xmas run-in. Some poor bastard is going to be on the end of a Liverpool hiding very soon

Yessssss!