You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Bellamy has to start week in week out for this team, he’s like as important to this team as Suarez, Downing looks better on the right anyway. When fit it should always be Bellamy on the left, Downing on the right.

Agree about Bellamy, but for me it should be Maxi on the right, as he is more of a goal threat than Downing - and we have struggled to get goals.

Did someone say that is 9 goals in 10 starts for Maxi? Fantastic return for a midfielder.

With the midfield doing so well, when Gerrard returns he can support Suarez and then watch us go...

• Replies 493
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How so?

We’ve gone in 1-0 up at half time a few times this season (Norwich, Sunderalnd), and then we’ve come out in the second half and sat back. If Chelsea where 0-1 down at half time they’d of come out all guns blazing trying to get a quick equalizer a bit like last week in the league.

With it being 0-0 we had nothing to sit back on and carried on playing the same way we did in the first which meant we pretty much dominated every minute of the game, other than the last 10.

Agree about Bellamy, but for me it should be Maxi on the right, as he is more of a goal threat than Downing - and we have struggled to get goals.

Did someone say that is 9 goals in 10 starts for Maxi? Fantastic return for a midfielder.

With the midfield doing so well, when Gerrard returns he can support Suarez and then watch us go...

I’d agree with that, and that Maxi stat is pretty amazing considering.

My logic behind it is, he seems to get in Enrique’s way when playing down the left, so if he was on the right it would be natural for him to cut inside, taking the full back with him and leaving plenty of room for Johnson to run into.

I’d be happy with either on the right as long as Bellamy is playing on the left and not Downing. Bellamy gets an extra 10-20% attacking wise out of Enrique as well.

After our thrilling victory at Stamford Bridge on Tuesday night, Liverpool Football Club would like to announce that tickets for the Carling Cup semi-final home leg tie will be on sale next week.

We would like to remind season ticket holders who selected to join the Carling Cup Auto Cup Scheme as part of their renewal, that payment will be taken automatically for the home leg of the tie, week commencing December 5, 2011.

Please note that season ticket holders were required to join the scheme at the point of renewal and further registrations now are not permitted.

Tickets will then be made available to official members to purchase. Due to the unprecedented run of away games in the competition and depending on the opposition, the club may be required to use members' previous purchase history from this season's Barclays Premier League to manage the sales process and meet stadium safety requirements.

Should any tickets remain, priority will be given to season ticket holders not in the Carling Cup Auto Cup Scheme. Full details will be provided in the selling notice.

We would ask that supporters please wait until the club publishes the selling notice next week, after the fixture is confirmed, before contacting us with any queries regarding this fixture.

Season ticket holders can find further information about the Auto Cup Scheme in their renewal booklet or by visiting the Auto Cup Scheme Information.

Carling Cup ticket notice - Liverpool FC

One thing I don't think has been mentioned was the freekick before our second goal. I don't think it was a free kick and thought Ramires got the ball. But it was a great delivery from Bellamy.

We seem to foget that in the last 10 years we've drawn Crystal Palace, Sheff United, Wycombe and Watford in cup semis and avoided United, Arsenal, Spurs & Chelsea (amongst others) in the process.

Ideally, I'd take Palace as it would be funny they've knocked out United to get there but it's not going to happen.

Part of me wants Cardiff as that represents our best chance of reaching the final.

Part of me wants United as I don't want them bastards ruining our first trip to Wembley (even if we beat them, they'll still act like dicks on the day).

I'm not sure what to think of City. They'll probably be out the C/L by then and will be putting more focus on this, but then again, they are going to put a lot of focus on it at this stage anyway. I think we'd maybe have a better chance of beating them in a one-off rather than 2 games, however, if we got them at Anfield 2nd, they could be blown away.

In summary, I don't give a fuck. Bring them all on.

One thing I don't think has been mentioned was the freekick before our second goal. I don't think it was a free kick and thought Ramires got the ball. But it was a great delivery from Bellamy.

My mate said it to me at the game. It was right in front of us. I thought he caught Bellamy a bit and then Bellamy got the ball caught up and Ramires took the ball off him.

I think Ramires maybe did foul him initially but it was soft.

After our thrilling victory at Stamford Bridge on Tuesday night, Liverpool Football Club would like to announce that tickets for the Carling Cup semi-final home leg tie will be on sale next week.

We would like to remind season ticket holders who selected to join the Carling Cup Auto Cup Scheme as part of their renewal, that payment will be taken automatically for the home leg of the tie, week commencing December 5, 2011.

Please note that season ticket holders were required to join the scheme at the point of renewal and further registrations now are not permitted.

Tickets will then be made available to official members to purchase. Due to the unprecedented run of away games in the competition and depending on the opposition, the club may be required to use members' previous purchase history from this season's Barclays Premier League to manage the sales process and meet stadium safety requirements.

Should any tickets remain, priority will be given to season ticket holders not in the Carling Cup Auto Cup Scheme. Full details will be provided in the selling notice.

We would ask that supporters please wait until the club publishes the selling notice next week, after the fixture is confirmed, before contacting us with any queries regarding this fixture.

Season ticket holders can find further information about the Auto Cup Scheme in their renewal booklet or by visiting the Auto Cup Scheme Information.

Carling Cup ticket notice - Liverpool FC

Quick question about this, my season ticket is not in my name and I'm not signed up to the auto cup scheme. When they go on sale to season ticket holders will I be able to just buy tickets from the ticket office or will they want me to fuck about online or by phone and then send them out to the ticket holders address? Any had a similar scenario?

Last night was one of the bet away's I have been to for a long time - if Kenny thinks he can out off the Reds travelling he was mistaken!

I was also pleased that he listened to the fans and put out a strong side, the League Cup i the best chance we have of winning something and was a tournament which Rafa unwisely ignored.

A day out at Wembley, for the first time, is long overdue.

Guest ShoePiss
Last night was one of the bet away's I have been to for a long time - if Kenny thinks he can out off the Reds travelling he was mistaken!

I was also pleased that he listened to the fans and put out a strong side, the League Cup i the best chance we have of winning something and was a tournament which Rafa unwisely ignored.

A day out at Wembley, for the first time, is long overdue.

What? Fuck off you complete tithead.