You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Homeland

Gym Beglin

Guest Numero Veinticinco
He gave in quickly as he knew the game was up.

It seems to me that he'll do just about anything for anybody who shows kindness to him. When she was understanding, he knew his best option was to flip.

Great writing, in my opinion. And her acting was particularly superb.

It seems to me that he'll do just about anything for anybody who shows kindness to him. When she was understanding, he knew his best option was to flip.

Great writing, in my opinion. And her acting was particularly superb.

Her middle name is melodramatic , fuckin awful I cant understand some of youse

He gave in quickly as he knew the game was up.

I don't really think the game was close to being up. They have very little evidence; it's all a video tape, a video tape he can claim was doctored etc. Moreover they kidnapped him and tortured him which would make any civilian trial almost impossible; then you factor in that the key witness was not only involved with Brody, but was recently institutionalized and they have nothing. He's a sitting US congressman and the presumptive nominee for Vice-President so they can't just stick him in a secret prison and they'd have no case in court. In short, they were fucked.

This is meant to be a Marine who survived water-boarding and every type of vicious torture imaginable for 5-6 years and yet he broke down because of the "good cop, bad cop" routine in less than a day? That is crap, in my opinion.

I don't really think the game was close to being up. They have very little evidence; it's all a video tape' date=' a video tape he can claim was doctored etc. Moreover they kidnapped him and tortured him which would make any civilian trial almost impossible; then you factor in that the key witness was not only involved with Brody, but was recently institutionalized and they have nothing. He's a sitting US congressman and the presumptive nominee for Vice-President so they can't just stick him in a secret prison and they'd have no case in court. In short, they were fucked.

This is meant to be a Marine who survived water-boarding and every type of vicious torture imaginable for 5-6 years and yet he broke down because of the "good cop, bad cop" routine in less than a day? That is crap, in my opinion.[/quote']

It wouldn't have been a civilian trial anyway... He's in the Marines, and betrayed his side. He'd be facing execution for that... with a military panel sitting.

He wasn't being interrogated for 5-6 years, either. He was being systematically beaten for 5-6 years... So, his psyche is already fragile, and easily manipulated.

You don't seem to realize that they weren't 'fucked'. All they had to do was shift him from the US and have him interrogated by a private contractor and he could be legally tortured, interrogated, held, and even killed... all legal, as you can't hit the United States with crimes against humanity, as no one can enforce any sanction, all while the US government can suggest "They know of no human rights violations" for any of their captives.

This is how the US government(and others, I'm not being biased here) handle these types of suspects in real life.

It wouldn't have been a civilian trial anyway... He's in the Marines, and betrayed his side. He'd be facing execution for that... with a military panel sitting.

He wasn't being interrogated for 5-6 years, either. He was being systematically beaten for 5-6 years... So, his psyche is already fragile, and easily manipulated.

You don't seem to realize that they weren't 'fucked'. All they had to do was shift him from the US and have him interrogated by a private contractor and he could be legally tortured, interrogated, held, and even killed... all legal, as you can't hit the United States with crimes against humanity, as no one can enforce any sanction, all while the US government can suggest "They know of no human rights violations" for any of their captives.

This is how the US government(and others, I'm not being biased here) handle these types of suspects in real life.

That's fine when you're dealing with poor recruits from North Carolina, but when you're dealing with prominent members of the legislative body, ie people with influence and power, that type of thing is off the agenda.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

He didn't give in because he had no other choice, they actually showed he spotted he had an argument, but because she showed understanding to what happened to him.

She explained what happened to him, and he went with it. It's exactly the type of techniques used by intelligence agencies. That's what they we're showing.

He didn't give in because he had no other choice, they actually showed he spotted he had an argument, but because she showed understanding to what happened to him.

She explained what happened to him, and he went with it. It's exactly the type of techniques used by intelligence agencies. That's what they we're showing.

Would a sergeant in the Marines not be familiar with these, or similar, techniques and extensively trained to resist them in the event of capture, though?

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Would a sergeant in the Marines not be familiar with these, or similar, techniques and extensively trained to resist them in the event of capture, though?

He'd have been trained to some degree - physical and mental - but certainly wouldn't have been trained in the situation he was in. He'd probably have had some sort of SERE training, Level B or C, but that would be training on giving his life for the US if captured invading somebody's country. Not in his homeland, with somebody he fucked a while ago, and they've cottoned onto him being a terrorist.

What's for certain is that Carrie, as a CIA counter-terrorism intelligence officer, would have vastly more expertise and experience with that type of thing.

Warning! The following content is NOT WORK SAFE. Click the Show button to reveal.

Some of you utterly, utterly baffle me head.

Anyway, a couple of things that I find brilliant with this show is how similar both Brody and Carrie actually are in terms of being 'mentally unhinged'. Both have taken massively differing paths to get to this point, mind.

Brody has been systematically broken down by Abu Nazir and then rebuilt. He wasn't tortured for eight years straight and only 'found' after giving in. He was 'found' as their plan was due to start. We know more about that than Brody gave up in that episode despite the notion that he, in some way, gave in.

Carrie is equally mentally unhinged due to her medical condition. It brings that level of uncertainty to her character that any other operative wouldn't have and shows the reason for her not disclosing it for years.

They are kindred spirits in a way and it shows. However much of what she/he said in that room is truthful and heartfelt will only play out in the coming episodes but I'd venture to say that a lot of it is fairly accurate. They appreciate, in a way, their flawed personalities. They understand how the rest of the world looks at them slightly differently.

At times this season the writing of plots and getting to the next level has been a little wobbly although that has always been more conveniant than contrived. But the acting, especially of the two leads, and the writing/directing etc in most scenes has been absolutely immense.

For example, I, like Brody, played out every route away from where he was when he was first shown the tape. That in itself is good writing.

One final point, I haven't bricked it watching tv in a long time but that car running someone over scene made us proper fuckin' jump.

Er....yeah, alright then.

My point was you're calling it shit, so stop watching it. It's a fairly simple principle really.

No , what I said was the 1st series was good , last nights episode was toss.

Hopefully it will pick up , I just thought the direction it took last night was crap , very weak by comparison to what went before.

That's fine when you're dealing with poor recruits from North Carolina' date=' but when you're dealing with prominent members of the legislative body, ie people with influence and power, that type of thing is off the agenda.[/quote']

No. It's really not. It's just a lot more unlikely to happen, because they are a lot more unlikely to be terrorists. The CIA/NSA would do that to the President's mother, if they had sound reasoning that she was a terrorist.

The second that they found that recording of him claiming the suicide bomb... he was destined to be detained and tortured.

The fact that somebody like Brody who was already under deep suspicion from the get go,could get to his position in government is a bit too far fetched in the context of this series and all his happenings from day one but stranger things have probably happened.

I would also imagine that in real life that somebody like Miss Goldilocks wouldnt be given the leeway she has here but would be extremely effective as a Mata Hari type spy who acts as a honeypot in some situations.The way she acted with Saul in series 1 was a prime example.

For all her poor acting there has been some immense performances in the series though.

As well as Damian Lewis,Saul and Estes,Jamie Sheridan as the VP is one cold and callous bastard.

I watched the latest one not sure if thats the latest on sky or not , but it was utter cack from start to finish . She can't fuckin' act no matter what anyone says.

I really thought this was going to be a class series , now I think they should have stopped after the 1st series. It builds a bit of tension now and then but fuck all else .

What are you waffling on about? She won a Golden Globe for her performances in Homeland for fuck sake.

Edit: Beaten to it by Hank Moody.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Did you use Carrie's shawl trick to escape too?

Girlfriend, nobody fucks with my hijab.

I'd imagine the fact that it was actually shot in Israel is of bigger offence to the Lebanese than the fruity depiction of Beirut!

SHIT LIKE THAT STARTS WARS!

To be fair, it's improving.