You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Homeland

Gym Beglin

Not even sure where to start with that, to be honest.

Its difficult to put into words when it comes to us tv series regarding terrorism but I'll have a go.

I usually give a watch to things like law and order,csi,numbers and various other us crime shows and i've watched them since way before 9/11 and there was virtually nothing when it came to terrorism against the us.

Since 9/11 even crappy little insignificant semi serious shows keep using a terrorism plot line every now and then.

I'm not trivialising the 9/11 attacks one iota but do think that the over abundance of the plot lines in many shows actually does trivialise it.

Some shows are based in LA and a terrorist attack committed there would take a hell of lot of planning considering the geography and would more likely have to come from white insiders than arabs.

Yeah, this guy is a white insider though? How's that following a trend. Maybe I'm missing something here.

Warning! The following content is NOT WORK SAFE. Click the Show button to reveal.

If you remember the storyline running alongside and one which involves the prince.

One of his helpers killed the girl stole her necklace and sold it. This is supposedly where the house sale for cash alongside the airport came in to it and the idea of a possible bomb making place to blow up the airport or planes.

Although this may be a decoy for an 'enemy within' ending. Which is probably more truthful.

I've just seen so many samey type programmes that I'm afraid this might be the same. I hope not as it could be an excellent programme.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Only reason I'm questioning you here is because I thought it was taking a pretty original look at it. Not sure where it's going to turn though, so you might well be right.

• 2 weeks later...
Why have female characters always got to be unhinged?

Warning! The following content is NOT WORK SAFE. Click the Show button to reveal.

Surely that is the whole point of this show though? It's 'she is good at her job but slightly unhinged' v 'he is an American hero but with a something murky in his past'.

It's basically doing it to get the viewer to pick a side and giving reasons why you should believe or disbelieve either side of it.

Thought episode 4 was slightly average but thought 5 was boss.

The scenes with the lad they captured was immense and really powerful in terms of the show and what probably does go on in reality.

Really disappointed, and feel somewhat betrayed, by the reduction of boobs in the last three episodes. That perfidy not withstanding, it is excellent. Well paced, tense, tightly written characterization and, of course, riddled with intrigue. Today's episode was of the usual high standard.

I've been pretty convinced since the first couple of episodes that Brody is NOT the leak. It might be Mike or have been the killed soldier even. I just dont think it was Brody.
How predictable was it that she would shag Brody too.

I've been pretty convinced since the first couple of episodes that Brody is NOT the leak. It might be Mike or have been the killed soldier even. I just dont think it was Brody.

How predictable was it that she would shag Brody too.

How spooky was my prediction? I didnt realise I'd actually wrote that.

How spooky was my prediction? I didnt realise I'd actually wrote that.

I'd discussed this with a lad in work the other day as the season one finale twist. Didn't see it being this early. Looking forward to what direction it goes in now, like.

I'd discussed this with a lad in work the other day as the season one finale twist. Didn't see it being this early. Looking forward to what direction it goes in now, like.

I wouldnt take it as read just yet myself. I think theres a twist or two left yet.

I wouldnt take it as read just yet myself. I think theres a twist or two left yet.

Without doubt. Just meaning that all season has been geared at Brody and now directed elsewhere. Can't wait to see what they do with his character for a start.

I found him!

Question 8 from Abu Nasir representing the Ethnic Minority Supporters

Can we please prepare actions points for tackling inequality (racism, homophobia, disability issues, etc.) and start publicising this and communicating this to a wider fan base? This would require monitoring to assess progress against the action points.

Points raised: The Club needs to make it more obvious to fans about what positive steps are being taken in this area. For example, there is an anti-racism hotline for fans to report such abuses and this will be expanded to include the reporting of incidents relating to homophobia. The Club is committed to take all necessary action to stamp out such abuses by banning perpetrators from the ground. The Club is working on a new signage scheme to remind supporters that unacceptable behaviour will not be tolerated and to publicise the hotline number. There appears to be a growing number of 'young' fans engaging in anti-social behaviour when travelling to away games. There are some positive things the Club can do in this area, such as at the point of purchasing a ticket, fans can be reminded of their duty to act responsibly or face the consequences of being banned from future fixtures.

Actions agreed: Publicise the good work the Club is doing in this area; look at how the Club can help stamp out anti-social behaviour by some of the travelling away fans.

Fans' Committee: The minutes - Liverpool FC

• 2 weeks later...

Good programme.

I reckon Saul's bodged lie detector test, where it registered him saying he did pass the razor to the prisoner (don't remember his name) before he got stressed and bolted from the room, is going to have something to do with it too.

I've been very impressed by the way this programme has treated the Islam religion,it deserves massive credit for that.

I dont know much about Islam but the way its portrayed in the west is generally not very sympathetic at all and this has shown that its not all about murdering infidels in the same way as Christianity is not all about burning witches at the stake.