You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Carragher went off because he had a knock apparently. If not it would have been because he was on a yellow and we had to defend higher up the pitch.

I stand corrected.

It did actually help us imo and might be something Kenny is willing to do more regularly knowing our defence is capable of achieving with carra.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I want to see whoever is playing CB attcking the ball in the air.

Depresses me, just how many times we leave it to Lucas to win the ball against the opposition CF

Isn't Lucas supposed to win the ball at every given opportunity, that being his role. I suppose a defender could shout stay there Lucas you've done enough and then leave his position and let the defence lose their shape, because if there's a burden then burdens need sharing.

Isn't Lucas supposed to win the ball at every given opportunity, that being his role. I suppose a defender could shout stay there Lucas you've done enough and then leave his position and let the defence lose their shape, because if there's a burden then burdens need sharing.

So the Defensive Midfielder, should be trying to win the ball in the air against the oppositions Centre half?

All that means is we defend deeper and deeper

So the Defensive Midfielder, should be trying to win the ball in the air against the oppositions Centre half?

All that means is we defend deeper and deeper

Maybe that's the idea really.. Instead of camping them in their half, we'll play a bit deep and attack them with pace in numbers, like Arsenal used to do and Utd still do now from time to time..

Maybe that's the idea really.. Instead of camping them in their half, we'll play a bit deep and attack them with pace in numbers, like Arsenal used to do and Utd still do now from time to time..

Thats a good comment as its important to draw the opposition towards us when in possession and create the space in behind them for the likes of Suarez to exploit by running at them.

We are a quicker side once again so attacking from deeper is something we are well capable of.

These are those retards I was talking about. Repeating some cliche sentence so much that he starts to believe that it´s the truth, without watching how is the player playing. Or you know fuck all about football.

Well, with clever and reasonable arguments like that, what else can us retards do but hold our hand up eh.

So Agger and Coates for you then?

Agger definately when fit. Haven't seen enough of Coates yet. Until him or others prove me wrong I think CB is one of our weak spots. Others are depth in attack, even if Bellamy for me partly sorts that short term. Neither Skrtel or Carragher (any more) are good enough if we want to be a top 4 team, which should be the short term ambition.

Agger definately when fit. Haven't seen enough of Coates yet. Until him or others prove me wrong I think CB is one of our weak spots. Others are depth in attack, even if Bellamy for me partly sorts that short term. Neither Skrtel or Carragher (any more) are good enough if we want to be a top 4 team, which should be the short term ambition.

Know what you mean. Sometimes though partnerships are better than the sum of their parts and it's pretty amazing how little Agger and Skrtel have played together. They may just click.

Coates definitely needs fast-tracking though. He's shown he's strong mentally, so the inevitable mistakes won't hurt him. So give him every opportunity to adapt I say.

Have you seen some of the centre halves that have played for top 4 finishing sides? Skrtel and Carra are more than good enough for that. Just how good they currently are is up for debate, possibly, but lets not overstate the issues.

Dracco can be a bit OTT in his Skrtel praise, but he was brilliant today. Very composed, great decision making and some good interceptions. He was also very good against Stoke midweek. Been impressed by him recently.

Skrtel has been superb the whole season, bar his performance at right back against Spurs. In fact he has been very good ever since Kenny returned. In my opinion, he is probably the most underrated player at the club.

Well eventually the time was going to come when Agger and someone else was going to be first choice. Its inevitable given Carra's age.

Right now I'm not 100% sure if that time is exactly now. But I think Skrtel and Agger deserve to start the next game again to show they deserve to be the first choice pairing.

I think a fit Agger (I know...) is currently our best central defender by a distance. We also play a slightly higher defensive line when he features. Both Carra and Skrtel benefit from playing beside him.

A breakdown of our goals conceded under different partnerships would be interesting to see.

I think a fit Agger (I know...) is currently our best central defender by a distance. We also play a slightly higher defensive line when he features. Both Carra and Skrtel benefit from playing beside him.

A breakdown of our goals conceded under different partnerships would be interesting to see.

Didn't notice a high line, not in the sense of a benitez high line anyway. Doesn't look like a big part of Kenny's plan to me. What was noticeable though was that Skrtel and Agger are braver about going 1 on 1 and hence we don't just back off causing us to sink deeper and deeper as rapidly as we usually do.

Obviously better distribution also means we get more opportunity to push up and stay up, so we spend less time playing deep.

Both of which will help counter some of the problems we've noticed and attributed to not having the high line. So maybe we're looking for a happy medium.

BTW Some fellow on Rawk has calculated it's been nine hours since the Agger Skrtel partnership has conceded. I think he did some stat faking to puff it up a bit though. Even so, it's impressive.

BTW Some fellow on Rawk has calculated it's been nine hours since the Agger Skrtel partnership has conceded. I think he did some stat faking to puff it up a bit though. Even so, it's impressive.

9 hours? Is that true?

9 hours? Is that true?

He says this:

12.01.2011 1 - 2 Blackpool Premier League Bloomfield Road Started 0

16.01.2011 1 - 0 Everton Premier League Anfield Started 0

22.01.2011 3 - 0 Wolves Premier League Molineux Started 0

26.01.2011 1 - 0 Fulham Premier League Anfield Started 0

02.02.2011 2 - 0 Stoke Premier League Anfield Started 0

06.02.2011 1 - 0 Chelsea Premier League Stamford Bridge Started 0

29.10.2011 2 - 0 WBA Premier League The Hawthorns Started 0

I'm too lazy to double check.