You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

When are we likely to get definitive stadium news?

Nathanzx

1 hour ago, Leyton388 said:

You can guarantee this will be built well before the blueshite have even put a spade in the ground in BMD

I wonder if the shite will release some news about their unicorn build in the next week just to keep their fans on side? Cant have der redshite bigging up anothe rloft extension and stealing their thunder.

11 hours ago, dockers_strike said:

I wonder if the shite will release some news about their unicorn build in the next week just to keep their fans on side? Cant have der redshite bigging up anothe rloft extension and stealing their thunder.

Probably something to do with how their architects have been very clever to build in flexibility to increase capacity to 65,000 in the future. 

19 minutes ago, Josef Svejk said:

Image of Anfield-exceeding 61,001st seat just released...

20161107-The18-Image-Worst-Seats-In-Stad

That would be a great seat for the pricks that spend 90 minutes or so in their seat watching the fucking game from their phone. Just have a shelf and charger for them to rest it on. The fucking whoppers. 

Not being able to see the pitch would be a premium seat at Goodison. 

On 12/02/2020 at 09:00, M_B said:

That's not correct. Current lower league regulations have it as a ratio of 1 to 1.8, so for 40 sitting fans you could have 72 standing. Some German stadiums have a ratio of 2 to 1.

OK, I'll rephrase it, yes, you could have more fans in a rail seated area. I very much doubt if they are allowed in the PL, that the ratio will be higher than 1 standing fan per rail seat installed.

Lower league English grounds are not covered by the all seater requirement. That's currently limited to PL ground. Not sure about The Championship but think they are the same.

At Celtic when they installed 2975 rail seats, these were a 1 to 1 replacement for the existing seats. Celtic offer season ticket holders in that area who didnt wish to stand to re locate to another partof the ground, 470 fans re located and were replaced by the same number of fans who did want to stand. Celtic do not allow more than the 2975 fans into that area, the capacity has stayed the same and not increased.

So yes, while space and other countries may allow more than 1 fan per rail seat, Im pretty sure regulations in the PL will adhere to 1 fan per rail seat and lead to no increase in capacities.

See page 4 of the following PDF.

https://www.fercoseating.com/assets/fsfcasestudycelticsafestandingrailseat.pdf

• 2 months later...
On 13/02/2020 at 11:29, Josef Svejk said:

Image of Anfield-exceeding 61,001st seat just released...

20161107-The18-Image-Worst-Seats-In-Stad

Tonys perfect seat that. He can just put his headphones in, throw some Frank Zappa on and watch flash-scores/rep people for posting on  the GF during the match. I could actually imagine him asking those around him to keep it down a bit. Then tucking into a packed lunch of 2 cheese and pickle butties, a bag of ready salted walkers, a breakaway, 4 custard creams and a flask of yorkshire tea. 

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

Tonys perfect seat that. He can just put his headphones in, throw some Frank Zappa on and watch flash-scores/rep people for posting on  the GF during the match. I could actually imagine him asking those around him to keep it down a bit. Then tucking into a packed lunch of 2 cheese and pickle butties, a bag of ready salted walkers, a breakaway, 4 custard creams and a flask of yorkshire tea. 

"Look, Tony, we've told you before - only the club shop 'official partner' hampers allowed in the ground, lad".

1970's Retro Gift Hamper | 40th Birthday Gift Idea | 40th birthday ...

It seems every bit of news involving Liverpool brings out all the haters. I was reading a column on the news of the ARE being put on hold and the number of vitriolic comments was incredible. Thing is, the comments seemed to be from fans of loads of clubs, Millwall, Leeds, Arsenal, Burnley etc.

11 hours ago, dockers_strike said:

It seems every bit of news involving Liverpool brings out all the haters. I was reading a column on the news of the ARE being put on hold and the number of vitriolic comments was incredible. Thing is, the comments seemed to be from fans of loads of clubs, Millwall, Leeds, Arsenal, Burnley etc.

Blooshite love all that because they're too dense to realise that it's anti-Scouse prejudice: those fans would hate Everton too, if they ever noticed that they still exist. 

12 hours ago, dockers_strike said:

Love the hate off all these nomark cunts. Loads of them go on about Heysel.even though their fans rioted constantly or they had absolutely no chance of ever getting into Europe.

Millwall fans taking the moral high ground.

giphy-1.gif

12 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

Blooshite love all that because they're too dense to realise that it's anti-Scouse prejudice: those fans would hate Everton too, if they ever noticed that they still exist. 

If Everton were a film character they would be Samuel L. Jackson in Django Unchained.

• Upvote 2

On 28/04/2020 at 12:27, dockers_strike said:

My answer to them all is

IMG_20170221_003225.jpg

On 28/04/2020 at 12:27, dockers_strike said:

It's plain old resentment and envy. Cause we're ace.

• 1 year later...
On 12/02/2020 at 21:27, Leyton388 said:

You can guarantee this will be built well before the blueshite have even put a spade in the ground in BMD

Planning permission for the ARE extension due on the 15th; aiming to have it completed by Summer 2023.

• Upvote 2

Just now, Doctor Troy said:

What about the 85 public consultations and moving cones around every six years?

Around this time last year, our owners announced that they would pause for a year because of Covid and the Bloos announced that Covid wouldn't affect BMD. As if I needed convincing, that just struck me as final confirmation that our club was serious in its stadium intentions, while theirs was not.

• Upvote 2

23 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Around this time last year, our owners announced that they would pause for a year because of Covid and the Bloos announced that Covid wouldn't affect BMD. As if I needed convincing, that just struck me as final confirmation that our club was serious in its stadium intentions, while theirs was not.

To be fair they were right. It's still the same shithole with a blue cone on it as it was back in February 2020.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 7